Closed Thread

Old 09-06-2003, 10:28 PM   #1  
Losin It For GOOD!

Default Totally Random Question having nothing to do with weight loss..

So I'm happily married... but I still love those sad love songs about lost loves... Like "It Must Have Been Love" by Roxette.. or "Nothing Compares to You"... or "Don't Wanna Fall In Love"...

My husband thinks I'm wierd... because we are totally in love, and we're doing great right now... so I'm just curious if there are any other happily in love people out there who like sad love lost songs?
Old 09-06-2003, 10:30 PM   #2  
Jen

Height: 5'3"

Air Supply has a whole bunch of those kind of songs that make me want to cry whenever I hear them. My husband thinks I'm such a sap!
Old 09-07-2003, 07:02 AM   #3  

Hi Bethanne,

I listen to Melissa Etheridge's first album-the whole thing is about lost love! She sounds more pissed off than sad, though,

Sherry
Old 09-07-2003, 07:38 AM   #4  
Searching

OF COURSE I DO!

In fact some of those songs have distinct memories for me. Rough times with Tod, because even the happiest marriages aren't perfect. Past relationships and the lessons I learned. Gwen wrote Ex-Girlfriend years after Christopher and I broke up, but I firmly believe that song is about me. In fact Magic Kingdom and Mizunderstood speak to all kinds of current and past events. Not that I am necessarily holding on to them, but they are part of me and just are. Maybe I'll kick it with a little Alanis Morrisette this morning.

Miss Chris
Old 09-07-2003, 11:20 AM   #5  

Height: 5' 7"

Well, this is why I'm such a big country music fan.

If I want a total meltdown, Hank Williams' "I'm So Lonesome I Could Cry" destroys me -- Hear that lonesome whipperwill, he's just too blue to fly....

Although to be fair, Schubert Lieder do the same thing -- "Da steht ein Lindenbaum" ....

It's that minor key thing, with the last line going down, unlike cheerful songs. God, I love sad music.
Old 09-07-2003, 12:31 PM   #6  
Crazy Canuck

Well, I wasn't happliy married (hence the divorce) and I'm not in love either (hmmm, I used to wonder if either of those facts had anything to do with my weight problem, but seeing all the lovebirds in here kind of puts a damper on that excuse ).

Anyway, music is such a big part of my life - all types, from classical to contemporary, and although I'm not a big country fan as a rule, hearing the wonderful Patsy Cline singing "Crazy" can bring me to tears as easily as Mozart's Requiem.

It's sort of like movies too, "Love Story" certainly isn't a classic by any means and it seems very dated now (I first saw it as a teenager), but as far as sappy, sad, love movies go it's great fun to watch on a rainy afternoon while munching on air-popped low sodium popcorn
Old 09-08-2003, 07:58 AM   #7  

JIllegal, My favorite sad, sappy, love movie is even worse. I love "A Star Is Born", the version with Barbara Streisand and Kris Kristofferson. I know, that's terrible, but I love it!!
Old 09-08-2003, 10:05 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 302/179/170

Height: 5'6"

oh yes. sad songs, movies, anything that can make me have a good cry, they're so great. i don't know why, but i love them.
Old 09-08-2003, 10:33 AM   #9  
Crazy Canuck

A Star is Born!! EEEK! Mthrgoose you have no idea - I loved that crappy movie so much I chose a song from it ("Evergreen") for the first dance at my wedding! I bet Barb would like to forget she ever made that one (or ever wore that crazy frizzy perm throughout it!)
Old 09-08-2003, 10:45 AM   #10  

I love a Star is Born...my older sister had the soundtrack, and I knew the WHOLE THING! I've seen that movie about fifteen times (blush).

Sherry
Old 09-08-2003, 11:19 AM   #11  
Crazy Canuck

Okay Mthrgoose and Suzie, wanna sing along with me? "Loooove, soft as an easy chairrrrrrr..."
Old 09-08-2003, 12:44 PM   #12  

So great to find kindred spirits!!! "Love, fresh as the morning air..."
Old 09-09-2003, 07:55 PM   #13  
Spreadin' the luv.

Unhappy My kind of sad

If I want to lay down on the floor and die, I listen to Evanescence.

Geez. Their songs are all a combination of sad/depressed/futile/doomed. Great stuff. Though it makes me feel sad about Ramon, scared of losing him, I think, though he's here and healthy and loves me like crazy. Silly!
Closed Thread