Closed Thread

Old 01-21-2017, 03:49 PM   #181  

S/C/G: 220/ticker/145

Height: 5'

Quote:
Originally Posted by jelder227 View Post
OK, I am really about to mentally write off this month also . . . but at least I haven't gained! This is "baby" tax month, with payroll returns and W-2's and all that mess, plus employees making me crazy, plus, plus, plus ... You know, there is always an excuse, right? But at least I am maintaining a slight downward trend. And I haven't given up on my end of month goal. If I can get focus, I can do it!

Really impressed with everyone's focus on getting in your exercise. I am still not worrying about that. I am very much a "one thing at a time" person, so am working on getting my food under control, then I will start incorporating the exercise. It seems everyone has FitBits now, are they really that helpful? I have been looking at the BellaBeat. Seems to be a different version of the same thing, and it's pretty!
jelder227! I think you're doing fantastic. I'm with you; if I can maintain during the most stressful times in my life, I feel like it's a win. Regarding FitBit, I love mine and I have the very basic model that I attach to my bra or keep in my pocket. I already know I don't get enough sleep or drink enough water (usually), but I love seeing the and miles add up. There's all kinds of different trackers out there so I'm sure if you make the move you'll find something you really like.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chouku View Post
Woke up today at 227.8 which marks 9.4 lbs lost since I started on January 6th. Today was my first very active day since I started Keto. I walked 4km today at a rate of 4.6km/h, did house cleaning, and a 35 minute workout with weights. Had a calorie deficit of 1200 today, of which 85% was exercise. For the first time I was slightly over my fat goal and under my protein goal and drank seven 600ml bottles of water. My birthday is less than an hour away and this was a great way to spend it.
and on the 9.4 lb. loss! You have much to celebrate! Thanks for the update on your Keto plan. Have heard a lot (and read some) about it so it's helpful to hear first-hand experience from someone who is doing it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivvian View Post
Ugh. Bad few days—I've been sleeping really badly and then exhausted during the day and having a hard time staying away from things that I know will give me energy to keep me going through work... I've been slogging away at my thesis all day every day, which is both stressful and boring, too. Anyway, I'm at 3 sweet things this week, so if I stop now I can still come in under the 4 I had last week, so I'm going to try for that. And I am still logging, which I feel like is really key to keep things under control.

On the plus side, I've been walking a ton (to and from the cafe where I usually work—10k steps every day this week so far). Not an official goal this week, but still nice...
Vivvian, I'm sorry to hear about your bad sleep as of late but were able to trace it to a sinus infection. Those are painful and icky but it's good that you know what's happening in your body. Know that I'm with you in spirit in the thesis . Been there, done that. Trust me when I say that one day you will get to the top of the roller coaster and make the fast descent to the finish line. I'm probably not the first one to say that to you, but it is true!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadeToThrive View Post
Happy Wednesday . . . How's everyone doing? I've been trying to do some reading but I'm behind. I've been doing pretty good. Meal planning and drinking my water. I've added BPC back into my morning routine (Coffee and Coconut Oil). The scale is not budging so I'm trying to get in some exercise (small pockets of movement - dancing, air boxing, etc.). My diet last week was not great (birthday followed by several days of not-so-good choices), so I'm trying to undo the damage I did. I have 13 days left in a DietBet to lose about 5 lbs. Today one of my bosses is taking me out to lunch for a belated birthday celebration. I'll need to make good choices.
Good luck, MadeToThrive on your DietBet goal! I've seen some folks on these threads be very successful participating in them. Small movement is still movement. Tomorrow, I'll be working on my garage as I started and made progress several months ago then got busy and abandoned ship. Believe it or not I'm looking forward to it. Anyhoo, it's movement that I certainly see as exercise!

Quote:
Originally Posted by opheliaphoenix View Post
Weigh-in was 276.2 today, so that is 5.4 lbs down for the week. Not bad considering I was dealing with TOM this week...just thankful I got that post-TOM whoosh right before week's end, or it would have been another story! Haha. Anyway, it's storming here and my husband's foot he had surgery on this Fall is hurting, so we're not going to the gym today as planned. I need to make sure I still do something here at the house and not let this make me lazy, lol. Hoping we can pick back up our plan tomorrow. Also, starting to drink green tea today as thing of principle...it's alright, but I don't love it yet. (I think I am used to the bottled, extra sugary/fruity ones from the store that are almost as bad as sodas...lol.) I think I need to buy some fresh lemons, and it will be just right. Anyone else have favorite ways to drink green tea in the mornings?
opheliaphoenix. on the loss! I do like green tea but the taste does take some getting used to, doesn't it? I drink it straight but had the same experience as you in that I wondered, "what the **** is this?!" the first time I had it without all the sugar. You've been doing great with the gym going! I know you won't let one day away turn into a habit.
Old 01-21-2017, 03:50 PM   #182  

S/C/G: 220/ticker/145

Height: 5'

@FeraFila: Mandy, beautiful profile pic! You look lovely and happy as another poster stated.
Old 01-21-2017, 04:14 PM   #183  
~*Mandy*~

S/C/G: 330.6/Ticker/<170

Height: 5'9"

Hi all!

Just a quick check in.

Today's weigh in was just another little tiny loss of 0.2, as is my pattern... and surprising considering the lateness of my dinner. My total for the week was 5.2 pounds.

My Fitbit died already, but the customer service person I was dealing with did some troubleshooting and determined the heart rate sensor failed and my Fitbit will be replaced. I should get it on Monday, along with my running shoes. Yay for that! Boo for a broken gadget in the meantime. It still tracks my steps, though, so there's at least that to work with.

Here's my progress for the month so far:

January 1st Weigh-In: 286.4
Month Goal Weight: 270-275
January 31st Weigh-In:
Total Month Weight Loss: 9.2lbs (so far)

Week One
01: 286.4
02: 286.4
03: 286.0
04: 286.0
05: 285.2
06: 283.8
07: 283.0
----------------------------
Total Loss for Week One: 3.4 lbs

Week Two
08: 281.4
09: 281.6
10: DNW
11: DNW
12: 282.8 (TOM)
13: 282.6 (TOM)
14: 282.4 (TOM)
End of Week One: 283.0
Total Loss for Week Two: 0.6 lbs

Week Three
15: 280.8 (TOM)
16: 279.8
17: 278.6
18: 278.6
19: 277.6
20: 277.4
21: 277.2
End of Week Two: 282.4
Total Loss for Week Three: 5.2 lbs

Last edited by FeraFilia; 01-21-2017 at 04:15 PM.
Old 01-22-2017, 06:16 AM   #184  

So this week was a disappointment for me, but I am trying not to let it bring me down. I ate on plan all week and gained .08 lbs! TOM happened to just end 2 days ago and I began exercise with weights at the gym as part of it too. I have ALWAYS gained for a bit when I begin an exercise routine. I have PCOS as well. I was afraid at 1100 my calories were too low this week too, so I increased them for the coming day or two (which has worked for me in the past). UGH for plateaus! I am just hoping I don't hold on to glycogen water retention weight for long like I have in the past sometimes.

Calories were also low because I was sedentary because I have severe arthritis in my back an MRI determined, which caused a lot of pain from standing and sitting. I got a shot of steroids (which also cause weight gain) in my spine December 30th which helped tremendously. I just got into the gym to start a membership Friday covered by my new health insurance. I am so excited about it!

January 1: 291.6
January 7: 281.4
January 9: 281.6
January 10: 279.2
January 11: 279.4
January 12: 278.4
January 13: 278.0
January 14: 276.8
January 15: 275.8
January 16: 277.8
January 17: 277.2
January 18: 275.6
January 19: 275.8
January 20: 274.6
January 21: 275.2
January 22: 276.4
Old 01-22-2017, 10:55 AM   #185  
NOT Aging Gracefully!

S/C/G: 223/ticker/126

Height: 5' 8"

Traveller - So cool that the gym membership is covered by health insurance! Enjoy that. .. and don't let one week bring you down. There are going to be stable weeks. Just take them as proof that you will be able to maintain the loss!

This week will be a challenge, going to be very busy, with lots of evening commitments. I have a plan, now if I can just stick to it.

January 5th Weigh-In: 206.6
Month Goal Weight: 199.0
January 31st Weigh-In:
Total Month Weight Loss:

End of Week Three: 203.0
Total Loss through Week Three: 3.6

Week Four
22: 203.0
23:
24:
25:
26:
27:
28:
End of Week Three:
Total Loss for Week Four:

Final Days
29:
30:
31:
End of Week Four:
Total Loss for Final Days:
Old 01-22-2017, 11:25 AM   #186  
in itinere

S/C/G: 242.3/241.2/138.0

Height: 5'5"

Thanks, futurehealthyme, opheliaphoenix, and curvynotlumpy. I am definitely feeling better and at least the steroids give me energy, I guess *g*

FeraFilia, bummer about the Fitbit! But I'm glad you've got a new one on the way--that's always a nice motivation.

Traveller, since you said you started working with weights, maybe it's just muscle? Muscle is denser than fat, so you can be heavier but trimmer at the same time, though that's hard to tell week by week (when I was at my leanest I outweighed my equal-height same-clothing-size best friend by a clear 30 pounds because I did yoga and played soccer and trained with weights). I know it's super disappointing to see numbers you want going down going up, but if it is muscle, that's all for the good, since muscle burns more calories than fat and it'll make it easier for you to lose long-term.

I did successfully avoid eating any more sweets yesterday, so that's 6 as my final tally for last week. I didn't walk over to the cafe because I ended up having too many books in play for the current section of my thesis--three is about the limit for how many I can tote out of the house without using a rolly bag or my back complains, and the rolly bag doesn't get along with the kind of messed up streets and sidewalks in our neighborhood.
Old 01-22-2017, 12:00 PM   #187  
I can and will do this!

S/C/G: Goal is to reach 170

Quick check in
Hope everyone is having a good weekend so far. The scale moved again, minus .7 since yesterday. I ate on plan, forgot the vitamins, drank enough water but my exercise was just carrying lots of 7 gallon jugs of water to fill out the water tank. Argh!!!
Today's plan: water intake, vitamins, eat on plan, walk on the treadmill for at least 45 min, lift weights for arms (15 min).
Prep food for the week is another major Sunday routine.

Have a great Sunday and may we all continue to make progress this coming week!
Will check back in later today or tomorrow.
Oh, I just wanted to thank you all for being here and so very supportive. I feel that this particular thread is so helpful and that I am doing much better thanks to you all. I am very grateful for your support and kindness. PLEASE stick around and let's all continue this journey together!

Week Four
22: 238.8
23:
24:
25:
26:
27:
28:
SW: 248.6
End of Week Three: 239.5

Final Days
29:
30:
31:
SW: 248.6
Total Loss for January:

Last edited by futurehealthyme; 01-22-2017 at 12:11 PM.
Old 01-22-2017, 12:50 PM   #188  
|| Casey ||

S/C/G: 297/ticker/145

Height: 5'7.5"

curvynotlumpy: Thank you! And, I like general flavor of green tea, but have been used to deceivingly sweet store-bought versions. I added some Truvia to my hot tea yesterday but I am drinking it plain today to develop a taste for it by itself it all its glory...it's a little bitter, but I think I am going to adjust quickly.

FeraFilia: Great progress for the month so far!

Traveller: Congrats on the new gym membership! I'm sure that gain was mostly TOM's fault, and that new membership will burn it back off in no time.

jelder227: You've got a plan ready, so I'm sure you will be able to navigate nicely through the struggles of the upcoming week. Rooting for you!

Vivvian: I'm glad you're feeling better and have some energy. And, congrats on avoiding the sweets!

futurehealthyme: Nice loss! Maybe there is a silver lining to having to lug around those jugs of water, haha. Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

----------------------------------------------------------

Weigh-in was 276.0 today, so just 0.2 lbs down but still headed in the right direction! I didn't end up doing a workout yesterday, so I kind of ate my words. Only metaphorically, of course...lol. But, still...I should have held myself more accountable to exercise. Husband's foot is still hurting, so I doubt we're going together today either -- so, I may just head over by myself this evening, since it is harder to get motivated while cozy at home. That will have to change, but - for now - getting up and going out is what is helping, so that's what I'll do.

Week Four
22: 276.0
23:
24:
25:
26:
27:
28:
End of Week Three: 276.2

Old 01-22-2017, 07:10 PM   #189  
~*Mandy*~

Feeling mentally off the last couple days. Trying to get myself back into the proper mindset, but all I can hear is that mean girl voice in my head telling how fat I still am, how pointless this is, and why aren't we eating dessert every night anymore. No desire to exercise at all. I just want to lay down with a bag of junk and read while I eat the whole thing. I'm keeping my eating in check for the most part, but it is really tough right now. Giving in to this feeling is why I got to this weight in the first place, but ugh... It's so much easier than feeling like this.
Old 01-23-2017, 12:16 AM   #190  
I can and will do this!

End of Sunday here.
Not a good day as I had originally planned: no exercise and felt REALLY tired and dizzy all day. I ate on plan just more quantity than usual which means more calories than usual BUT nothing off plan, so I am ok with that. Took my vitamins and drank enough water but feel weak and just exhausted. Weird!
I thought a couple of times about eating what I am not supposed to BUT didn't give in and stayed on track.
Hoping for a better day tomorrow in terms of energy level.
FeraFilia, I am sorry that you are mentally struggling with this right now. Think of the incredible progress you have already made. We are all inspired by you and want you to succeed. STAY STRONG!
opheliaphoenix, I hope your husband feels better soon and that the foot pain goes away. I hope you had a good gym session by yourself tonight. You are moving in the right direction: DOWN, DOWN, DOWN
Vivvian, good job stopping yourself from eating more sweets. Great self control!
jelder227, I hope you have a good week and are able to stick to your plan even if you will be super busy with your evening commitments. Sending you positive thoughts!
curvynotlumpy, I hope you have a great week with positive results and staying on plan with your eating and exercise. Wishing you the best!
Chat with you all tomorrow!

Last edited by futurehealthyme; 01-23-2017 at 12:25 AM.
Old 01-23-2017, 12:43 PM   #191  
|| Casey ||

In a hurry today, so no personals right now...will come back later! Weigh-in was 275.4 this morning. Got busy with errands and didn't go to the actual gym by myself yesterday, but I did get in a workout in at home at least! So, it was something. Going to be another busy day today and am already tired, lol.

Week Four
23: 275.4
24:
25:
26:
27:
28:
Old 01-23-2017, 02:42 PM   #192  
Determind Member

S/C/G: 323/313/168

Height: 5ft 6"

Just a quick check in......

I have gained 4.4lbs over the weekend from being in London , I didn't go nuts, just rich and salty food with a lot of alcohol. So hopefully I will return to normal in a few days. I also have a bad throat and head cold just now which doesn't help at all. Had to turn down the gym today because I can barely breathe, also feel like I've been hit by a bus. So tomorrow on my Birthday I will be slugging it in the gym trying to bring on a good sweat.

I can't believe how rubbish I feel after falling off the wagon at the weekend for this reunion. I need to remember that more than one cheat meal or one night out on the trot results in this sluggish few days.
Old 01-23-2017, 06:14 PM   #193  
~*Mandy*~

No exciting scale news. Stayed the same.

But the mail man did bring me my replacement Fitbit, plus my running shoes, and one of those arm band phone holder thingies. Hoping the new goodies will help me get out of the funk I've been in.

Last edited by FeraFilia; 01-23-2017 at 06:14 PM.
Old 01-23-2017, 10:52 PM   #194  
I can and will do this!

So, I had a carb load evening!
I was good all day long then came home craved fruit (had a pear and an apple) and then decided to have a bagel and other carb laden foods. This will set me back for days but it's OK and I won't feel bad about myself or guilty. I will stay off the scale for a few days so that I don't get tempted to give up. I do know that the scale will go up big time but don't need to see it as I work my way back down.
I think that every 3 weeks (maybe once a month) or so I will allow myself a carb load day/meal.
Hope everybody is doing well.
Ready for tomorrow!

Last edited by futurehealthyme; 01-23-2017 at 11:17 PM.
Old 01-24-2017, 12:43 PM   #195  
|| Casey ||

Scotsgal: Oh no, feel better soon! I haven't been out on the town in what seems like a lifetime, but I remember what that feels like...lol. And, hey...HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

FeraFilia: That's awesome that they all came on the same day! Hope they help break you out of your mama fog.

futurehealthyme: That's understandable...a temporary gain can feel defeating when you know it was only one day that set you back. If you know it will trigger that, then it sounds like you're doing the right thing taking a day or two away from the scale while it evens itself back out. This "weight loss journey" is just as much about the mental aspect as it is the physical, at times. You've been good about staying on track, so I don't think this will throw you off too much...just make sure you keep at it!

----------------------------------------------------------

Weigh-in was 274.0 this morning. Didn't expect the whoosh, but I will take it and hope it stays down tomorrow! Apologies for never getting the time to come back for personals yesterday. Hoping I mostly caught up today, lol.

Week Four
23: 275.4
24: 274.0
25:
26:
27:
28:

Closed Thread