Closed Thread

Old 01-12-2017, 02:03 PM   #121  
~*Mandy*~

S/C/G: 330.6/Ticker/<170

Height: 5'9"

Good morning, all.

Ophelia, sorry about being a jinx! Um... Well. Everyone's back to healthy here, so that's kinda like winning the lottery, right? (I have the exact opposite of winning the lottery going on here with an unexpected car repair and quarterly taxes due)

As expected, TOM showed up this morning. And it showed up angry. Bloat and cramps are kicking my butt today.

It's a dreary, rainy day here. But it's 60 degrees. It's going to rain for the next week. Oy.

Oh, and my car has to go in for repair tomorrow.

Silver linings: TOM being here means I'll have a big drop soon, it's not freezing out anymore so getting my car into the shop won't be a huge problem, and the repair is only estimated to cost about $125 instead of $500+ like most.

It's gonna be a rough weekend.

Weigh in: 282.8
Activity: 53 minutes

Goals for 1/12/2017
- Water: 100oz
- Food: LOG IT ALL
- Activity: 45 minutes
- No snacking after baby bed time
- Spend a little time outside

Last edited by FeraFilia; 01-12-2017 at 02:07 PM.
Old 01-13-2017, 07:51 AM   #122  
Gizmo

Seeing some great results from everyone, that's great to see! Yesterday was not on plan come lunch (only had fruit and almonds) and supper (frozen pizza) but at least I did not give into temptation of buying junk food at work. Hope everyone will enjoy a great Friday.

01: 249.0
02: 249.2
03: 249.2
04: 248.0
05: 248.4
06: 247.4
07: 247.4
08: 248.6
09: 249.0
10: 247.0
11: 246.8
12: 247.6
13: 247.0
Old 01-13-2017, 08:54 AM   #123  
NOT Aging Gracefully!

S/C/G: 223/ticker/126

Height: 5' 8"

FeraFilia - Silver lining .. . gotta always look for them, and it looks as if you are doing that! It WILL get better.

ScotsGal - Congratulations! New low weights are awesome, and good job on the workouts.

I have come to the realization that I made the WRONG resolution this year. It should not have been to lose weight, it should have been to quit allowing my husband and son to make our eating decisions!! Those darling male creatures do NOT need to bring home doughnuts, or a Blizzard from Dairy Queen for me!

January 5th Weigh-In: 206.6
Month Goal Weight: 199.0
January 31st Weigh-In:
Total Month Weight Loss:

Week One
01:
02:
03:
04:
05: 206.6
06:
07:
----------------------------
Total Loss for Week One: Did not weigh last 2 days, but was a gain -.-

Week Two
08:
09: 209.0
10: 207.2
11: 206.4
12: 206.0
13: 205.6
14:
End of Week One:
Total Loss for Week Two:

Week Three
15:
16:
17:
18:
19:
20:
21:
End of Week Two:
Total Loss for Week Three:

Week Four
22:
23:
24:
25:
26:
27:
28:
End of Week Three:
Total Loss for Week Four:

Final Days
29:
30:
31:
End of Week Four:
Total Loss for Final Days:
Old 01-13-2017, 11:36 AM   #124  
in itinere

S/C/G: 242.3/241.2/138.0

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
I have the exact opposite of winning the lottery going on here with an unexpected car repair and quarterly taxes due
Ugh, Mandy, isn't that always the way?

I'm doing okay on reducing the sweets... I'm trying to have a small piece of extra dark chocolate if the cravings are making me too crazy—I don't actually like chocolate (I don't hate it or anything, I'd just rather have something else), so I'm not tempted to overdo it, and it is helping--two little pieces (I get the round tins of chocolate wedges from Trader Joe's) will knock out my craving long enough for me to become a sane human instead of a ravening beast again, and they aren't caloric enough (or sweet enough) to totally derail me. Yesterday at 3:30 I would've punched a grandma for a cupcake, but I ate two little pieces of chocolate and drank some water by quarter to 4 I was fine again.

Quote:
I have come to the realization that I made the WRONG resolution this year. It should not have been to lose weight, it should have been to quit allowing my husband and son to make our eating decisions!! Those darling male creatures do NOT need to bring home doughnuts, or a Blizzard from Dairy Queen for me!
jelder227, I relate! Only in my case it's not so much 'making our eating decisions' as it is 'accidentally luring me into temptation.' I'm trying to get my (naturally very slim) partner to commit to only keeping chocolate junk food in the house, too, because if we had a non-chocolate baked good, I know I would've just eaten that instead. Fortunately right now all we has is frozen brownies, which are safe from me!
Old 01-13-2017, 12:44 PM   #125  
|| Casey ||

S/C/G: 297/ticker/145

Height: 5'7.5"

FeraFilia: Oh, it's not you...it's me, haha. But, thank you for trying any way! Maybe putting this out into the universe will bring some luck both our ways, lol. Also, good luck with the car repairs and taxes! (Glad that the car repair is costing less than expected.) I definitely know what that is like. I feel like cars and things around the house wait to break down or go on the fritz until we're broke or at least low on finances, just to mess with us.

Martine: Nice loss, and good job not giving into the temptation of the junk food! Especially when you're trapped next to it all day at work, lol.

jelder227: Nice loss for you, too! And, I know what you mean about the bad influences at home...I'm glad my husband is kind of on board with me on the healthier food - at least until the 17th - but I am not looking forward to when he is back to his normal dinners and snacks around the house. It'll be a test, for sure.

----------------------------------------------------------

Weigh-in was 283.4 today, so still under goal as of this morning! However, TOM came last night right before bed, so we'll see what happens...lol. Husband has a 4-day weekend this weekend and wants to go to the gym every day while he's off, so I'll be joining him. Hoping TOM doesn't get too mean, so I'll take it a little easier while we're there...but, I'm still going to go. Hope everyone has a great day today!

Week Two
08: 287.2
09: 288.0
10: 287.8
11: 285.6
12: 284.2
13: 283.4 (TOM)
14:
End of Week One: 288.2 lbs.
Total Loss for Week Two:

Old 01-13-2017, 04:26 PM   #126  
Determind Member

S/C/G: 323/313/168

Height: 5ft 6"

Hello Everyone,

Only went to the gym once today, because the weather was crazy, so I stayed a little bit longer and did about 20 mins of cardio. I then went for a walk after dinner with the dog, which was very fresh on the face along the beach. This morning I weighed in at 278.7 which was .8 down from yesterday. I think its about a 4lbs loss this week , most of that has been xmas weight, but its a great start so far for the year.

opheliaphoenix Thanks , Yeh I use My fitness pal and I have a FitBit Charge 2 which links up with MFP and gives me a pretty accurate account of my calories in and calories burned.

Fera So Glad that you're feeling better

Jelder Cheers
Old 01-13-2017, 05:01 PM   #127  
~*Mandy*~

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeraFilia View Post
Goals for 1/12/2017
X- Water: 100oz
X- Food: LOG IT ALL
X- No snacking after baby bed time
X- Spend a little time outside
Okay. I know I'm a *little* late here to check in, but we've had a busy day full of hair cuts, McDonald's, and car repair. Yesterday was super busy with cleaning the mountain of laundry that seemed to have a life of its own after a week of me being sick - I got caught up in taking care of all the laundry and forgot to exercise until it was time to put the baby to bed. If the spot in the basement where I exercise wasn't right below his room, I'd have done it anyway.

Weigh in: 282.6 (TOM)
Activity: 0 minutes (sad)

Today's goals:
- Water: 100 oz
- Food: 1400-1600 calories
- KEEP AN EYE ON SODIUM
- No snacking after baby bed time.
Old 01-13-2017, 08:02 PM   #128  

S/C/G: 220/ticker/145

Height: 5'

friends! It's been over a week since I checked in and I'm with you, Scotsgal, it's easy to get behind on the posts and posting! I just hired a new staff member so I'm super excited to have him on board. He's hungry and has great ideas, and is already taking things and just running with them without prompting or hand holding. What's challenging is that one of my other staff was a finalist for this position. Great guy and will do anything I ask of him. Well thought of on campus. He's just not an initiator. At this point he's a front lines guy with lots of potential. I'm working with a great group of people who all act like adults but this is still an awkward situation and will be for the next several months.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CynnyMorgan View Post
Hi I'm new here and this thread looks exactly like what I was looking for. I will start posting daily weight in's as of tomorrow because I like to do it first thing in the morning and here it is late afternoon. I like the idea of having a goal weight for the end of each month so I'm going to work that out.
, CynnyMorgan! You've outlined some great and reasonable goals. Good luck to you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeraFilia View Post
Feeling pretty awful today. Some kind of cold or sinus yuck. My little dude has it as well. Hubby had it earlier this week, thanks for sharing babe. First time my kiddo has ever been sick and I'm feeling a little helpless. But, at least my monkey is making it a bit easier on me because he is acting pretty unaffected by it all, except for he gets so mad when we chase him down to catch his runny nose. Not a fan of that, and won't let me use the snot sucker.

Not feeling super hungry with the yuck today, the sinus drainage is making my stomach grumpy. I've had my morning oats and some tea and just want to go back to bed. Gotta power through. Moms don't get sick days!
I do hope you're feeling better Mandy and have turned the corner. A bunch of ickiness is going around as several of my colleagues have had the flu, upper respiratory illness, sinus infections, deep and lingering coughs...you name it. Congrats on the new Fitbit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by opheliaphoenix View Post
My husband got taped at work and found out he is a little over on body fat%, so now he's in the weight loss mindset with me -- at least for the next 11 days, since that is when he'll be getting retaped. I was just complaining about being the only one trying to be healthy/lose weight in the house on here the other day...I may have jinxed him! Whoops, haha. Last night, he told me that he was going to hit the gym in the morning, and I jumped at the opportunity to join him. We just got back after spending an hour there. You guys....I am BEAT. I haven't been to the gym since the end of 2013, and I am feeling every minute of that time spent away from it in the jello that is now my legs, lol. But, I went! And, I pushed myself hard while I was there, despite being so out of shape, so I am proud of myself. Weigh-in was 288.2 this morning, which puts me at 6.4 lbs down for Week One! If only all the weeks after the initial water push were like this, am I right!? Haha.
opheliaphoenix, men are soooo lucky in the body fat percentage arena! for taking him up on going to the gym with him and getting your workout in. Truth be told, it's been a long time since I've been to my gym as well. You've inspired me. Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chouku View Post
Thank you!!!! These forums help me a lot!
chouku! Happy to have you on our little thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkstarberry View Post
Happy new year everyone! My mother came to visit for 2 weeks so I haven't posted in a while...hope you are all doing well!

I didn't log at all during my mom's visit and we ate out quite a bit but I tried to make 'good' restaurant choices whenever possible, though I did splurge a couple times. My weight has been pretty steady at around 188.8 so I'm glad I didn't gain at least. I was hoping to make it to 180.0 by the end of the month but another trip came up and I'll be leaving at the end of next week, so I'll probably be eating out a lot again during that trip...sigh. I'll be leaving to attend a friend's wedding so I don't want to worry about diet stuff while I'm at the wedding party at least. I'll just have to stay on track until I leave and then get right back on the wagon when I return. The weather has been frigid here and I sorely miss being able to go for long walks outside so I will have to come up with some other form of exercise I can do at home until the gym calms down a bit after new years. I really want to make it to the 100 lb lost mark!

Best of luck and to all!
pinkstarberry! maintaining. I'm a Midwestern girl at heart so I have lots of experience with frigid temps. It's one thing I don't miss, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadeToThrive View Post
Hey strangers!!!!! It's been a very long time since I visited 3FC. So many changes in my life. I changed jobs after 11 years. My daughter finished her master's degree and she and the grandsons moved away (sigh). I don't get to see them nearly as much as I would like, but we (me and the boys) are adjusting to our new normal. I'm still plugging along with the weight loss/trying to be healthier. Unfortunately, I'm still not very consistent, but I think I'm getting there. I hit onederland today!!!! 199.6 this morning. (I bought a new scale that is 3 lbs heavier, but I'm not going to start using it officially until it has me in onerderland too!) The 199.6 this morning was on the scale I've been using throughout my entire weight loss journey.

I'm not sure how consistent I'll be, but I'm going to try to stay active here. Happy Monday!

1/9/2017 ~ 199.6
MadetoThrive on hitting Onderland! Right on! I haven't been there for years so I've forgotten how great that must feel. It's all about getting healthy and you've clearly worked hard and are on your way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gottamakegoal View Post
Hello everyone! I am new to the site and I just love the idea of this thread!! I will weigh myself tomorrow and keep your fingers crossed that I don't break my scale! I'm not sure what the maximum weight limit is. (It's ok if you laughed and thought I was making a joke, when I re-read it, it WAS pretty funny ��!) Anyway, I'm starting a new way of eating and I'm hoping to see that scale move!!! I haven't had much success losing weight although my eating habits aren't terrible. I don't get enough exercise but I just don't feel good. I know it sounds like a lousy excuse but it's really not. I would love to feel well enough to move more. So I'm hoping I've found a way to see that scale go in the right direction! 3-5 pounds...that's all I'm hoping for by the end of the month. I know I'm retaining water because my feet are swollen. If I could just lose THAT I'll be happy! (I'm on water pills so you wouldn't think that would be so hard, right?) I just know I can't keep gaining, I feel like a balloon that's ready to pop! So, good luck �� everyone!!
Gottamakegoal! Best of luck working your plan! You got this

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotsgal View Post
Wow being MIA over the weekend really puts you behind in the chat So my apologies!

We have some wonderful newbies Welcome! I hope that you jump right in, we don't bite

We also have some returning faces, Welcome back!

I hope everyone has been well, This first few weeks seem to of been pretty good to most of us so far. I am just 1.6 lbs up from my holiday weight, which hopefully after today and on my Wednesday weigh in will be a lot less . I have taken part in quite a few challenges this month so I am all over the forum and it takes me a while to update everything Maybe took on a little more than I can chew lol.

On a better note, I went to the gym on Friday morning for my induction and was dying all weekend because silly me thought it would be fun to go on the stair machine for 5 minutes on my first workout. So dying all weekend and not able to take any stairs. I then went for my stregnth workout on Monday lunchtime, then again late last night for a light cardio workout, so today I am again dying from Leg Doms (delayed-onset-muscle-soreness).

I will be checking in here a little more regularly
Scotsgirl! Love the stair machine, hate the soreness that ensues

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamba View Post
Hi everyone, I need to find a place to be accountable so I'm going to join your thread! You all sound lovely and friendly I've made it my resolution this year to get back in shape and lose the pregnancy weight I gained 3 years ago... so here I am. Prior to getting pregnant, I was a yoga teacher, had lost weight, got in amazing shape and was about to become a fitness instructor. Then all of that went to ****. I've never had this much weight to lose before (roughly 40 lbs) but I am confident that I can do it. 2017 is all about taking care of myself and putting myself first. I've been neglecting myself for too long - my weight, my health, my creativity, my happiness, everything - and focusing on my kid and my relationship. My relationship is actually in shambles and going to very likely fall apart this year, but I am determined to thrive, survive and come out stronger on the other side!

So far, I've been following the weight watchers plan and have lost 2 lbs my first week, so I'll take it. I'm excited to keep going and looking forward to sharing this journey with all of you lovely ladies!!
mamba! You've got a lot on your plate but wow, what a great attitude and perspective you have. I share your goal to have 2017 be the year I really take the necessary steps to take care of myself and prioritize my health. You've found a great support network here. Keep posting!

Last edited by curvynotlumpy; 01-13-2017 at 10:38 PM.
Old 01-13-2017, 10:16 PM   #129  

S/C/G: 237/ticker/145

Height: 5ft. 6 in.

Week Two
08: 233.4 (once this keto flu is over I will start regular exercising)
09: 232.1 ((trace of ketones & first gym day)
10: 231.4
11: 231.6
12: 230.8 (decision to start intermittent fasting 16/8 by breaking the fast at 3pm)
13: 229.4 (first day of intermittent fasting: it went well)
14: 229.2 (shark week )
End of Week One: 235.4 lbs
Total Loss for Week Two: 6.2lbs
Total loss for week one: 1.8 lbs
Total loss: 8 lbs

Not bad this week. I am well on my way to reaching my monthly goal of 225 I am focusing on losing 1-2 lbs per month to reach my long term goal of 145. Thanks guys for your support, it is truly invaluable.

opheliaphoenix It wasn't difficult for me to start eating that late for some reason. If I did it before keto I would feel very sick after eating but I was fine this time around. The only problem is eating 1310 calories within such a short space of time. I ended up just making a smoothie near to the end of the feeding period in order to get my calories close to the 1200 mark.

Last edited by chouku; 01-13-2017 at 11:28 PM.
Old 01-14-2017, 11:15 AM   #130  
in itinere

S/C/G: 242.3/241.2/138.0

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
On a better note, I went to the gym on Friday morning for my induction and was dying all weekend because silly me thought it would be fun to go on the stair machine for 5 minutes on my first workout. So dying all weekend and not able to take any stairs. I then went for my stregnth workout on Monday lunchtime, then again late last night for a light cardio workout, so today I am again dying from Leg Doms (delayed-onset-muscle-soreness).
Scotsgal, I hear you! I can't really use the stair machine at my gym because the steps are very tall and I'm... not, but I have the same thing with the elliptical. Not quite as much my legs but makes my butt ache like crazy! *g*

I'm still clinging to my attempts to avoid most sweets by the skin of my teeth... I know today will be hard, because my partner and I try to brighten our needing-to-take-work-home weekends by going to a local cafe to work in the afternoons, so I'll have ready pastry access, very dangerous. I'll eat a very protein-heavy lunch before we go, and I'm sticking two little pieces of my emergency extra-dark chocolate in my bag and telling myself now that I'm not buying any pastries at all, so. You heard it here first I guess.

I've also been trying to minimize how many non-zero-calorie beverages I have... I'm allowed one small cappuccino, but after that if I need to pay my table rent it has to be bottled water or herbal tea. I've been doing pretty well on that front the past few weeks so I should be OK. *determined face*
Old 01-14-2017, 11:29 AM   #131  
|| Casey ||

S/C/G: 297/ticker/145

Height: 5'7.5"

Scotsgal: I just started using MFP again right when I came back to 3FC, but I also want to include a FitBit eventually...the Charge 2 is what I have my eye on, as well. I've heard mostly great things so far. Great work on your progress, by the way!

FeraFilia: Cleaning in and of itself can be quite the workout if you put some work into it! If it's just a quick thing that wouldn't make much difference, then I don't count it...but, otherwise, I will. Depending on the kind of cleaning (or if you have to keep marching up and down the stairs for hours like I do on laundry day, ugh) then it's definitely an aerobic exercise...lol.

curvynotlumpy: They really are, and they lose it so much faster, it seems! Haha. And, I'm glad the post inspired you!

chouku: A smoothie is a really good idea, because I struggled with the calories yesterday as well! It's a fine balance of eating enough calories while still eating healthy sources of said calories that won't destroy your other macros...lol. I may try that next time it is an issue. Also...great loss for the week!

Edited to Add -- Vivvian: You must have posted while I was writing this all out! Haha. Great job planning ahead!

----------------------------------------------------------

Weigh-in was 281.6 this morning, which puts me at 6.6 lbs down for the week! However, I struggled to get adequate calories in yesterday so it may be an artificial low for the day...still going to log it in the meantime. Went to the gym yesterday, but my husband wore one of those sauna suits while on the treadmill and may have overdone it a bit, so we're taking a rest day today. I'll probably still do a little something here at the house myself, though. Maybe a workout video or some yoga. We'll be picking back up our weekend plan for the gym tomorrow morning. Going grocery shopping tonight and will continue to buy what I need to stay on track, foodwise. See you guys tomorrow!

Week Two
08: 287.2
09: 288.0
10: 287.8
11: 285.6
12: 284.2
13: 283.4 (TOM)
14: 281.6 (TOM)
End of Week One: 288.2
Total Loss for Week Two: 6.6 lbs.

Last edited by opheliaphoenix; 01-14-2017 at 11:44 AM.
Old 01-14-2017, 02:23 PM   #132  
~*Mandy*~

Quote:
Originally Posted by opheliaphoenix View Post

FeraFilia: Oh, it's not you...it's me
Are you breaking up with me?!

Quote:
Today's goals:
X- Water: 100 oz
X- Food: 1400-1600 calories
X- KEEP AN EYE ON SODIUM
X- No snacking after baby bed time.
So. I did pretty well again yesterday. But because I had McDonalds for lunch (just a sandwich!) I feel like the sodium is still riding me, even though I tried to watch it for the rest of the day. We didn't get home and settle in until after 5pm, and then it was all the regular evening routine, plus an emergency clean up because the baby forgot to chew a bite of his dinner, started coughing, ended up in a coughing fit leftover from his cold, then puked up his entire dinner.

Then I had to make dinner for me and hubby, and because of baby clean up, we didn't get to eat until after 8pm, and even with McDonalds for lunch, and my dinner, I was still only at around 900 calories, so I used that as an excuse to have some snacky things until the baby went to bed. I accounted for it all, and it fit in my calories, so I refuse to feel guilty.

Today, my husband was awesome and got the kiddo up so I could sleep in. And I did. Until 12:30. I have been so exhausted since TOM started. It was super heavy to start. I feel SO much better after that I don't even feel bad about being a bum this morning. All the cleaning is done. Hubby's finishing up his own laundry. Dinner is planned. Aside from a quick trip to the local store for bananas and then watching the NFL playoffs tonight, we have zero going on. Barring a baby emergency I should be able to get my exercise in, finally!

Weigh in this morning was disappointing, but it's still TOM, so it could go down more eventually.

Week 2 results are sad.

Week Two
08: 281.4
09: 281.6
10: DNW
11: DNW
12: 282.8 (TOM)
13: 282.6 (TOM)
14: 282.4 (TOM)
End of Week One: 283.0
Total Loss for Week Two: 0.6 lbs

Weigh in: 282.4 (TOM)
Activity: 0 mins (according to Fitbit, but 650 calories worth of cleaning lol)

Today's goals:
- Water: 100 oz
- Food: 1400-1600 calories
- No snacking after baby bed time
- Prepare oats for breakfast

Last edited by FeraFilia; 01-14-2017 at 02:25 PM.
Old 01-14-2017, 03:53 PM   #133  

S/C/G: 220/ticker/145

Height: 5'

everyone.

Not much to report so just a quick check-in for me. Weight is 208.8 today. About where I expect it to be.

Mandy, very impressed with the 12:30 sleep in As one who is constantly sleep deprived (due to work; no children), I'm all in favor of folks getting their on. Clearly, you needed it. Also, good to know there are other football fans on the thread.

Wishing everyone a great day!
Old 01-14-2017, 05:36 PM   #134  
Determind Member

S/C/G: 323/313/168

Height: 5ft 6"

Hello Everyone!

You are all awesome! Thank you for keeping me going

I feel that MFP and my Charge 2 is very much a great combo for success just now. I am still learning about lowering my carbs to under 80g on gym days and 40g on non gym days. It is really difficult for someone who was a carb freak to go so low. Working on it though
Old 01-14-2017, 06:50 PM   #135  
Gizmo

curvynotlumpy happy that you hired someone who seems to be the right fit.

FeraFilia so nice of your husband to let you sleep in so late. I would love that kind of sleep.

opheliapheonix AMAZING loss this week.

I've had a couple of ok days. Still not hitting my water goal. And did not exercise this week. But hubby wants to start exercising with me, so maybe that's the extra motivation I need. Hope everyone is having a great weekend.
01: 249.0
02: 249.2
03: 249.2
04: 248.0
05: 248.4
06: 247.4
07: 247.4
08: 248.6
09: 249.0
10: 247.0
11: 246.8
12: 247.6