Closed Thread

Old 01-04-2017, 10:03 PM   #46  

S/C/G: 268.4/261.8/130

Height: 5'

Hi all, I am new to this site. I made an introduction post in the main introduction forum. My name is Candra, and I am a 25 year old female! User futurehealthyme invited me here to this thread. I am a serial starter when it comes to exercise, eating well and general weight loss. I vow to lose a significant amount of weight this year. I am almost 6 months postpartum with my first baby, since then I gained back all the weight I had lost after I gave birth to him. I am morbidly obese, and only 5 feet tall (short lol!). So far I've exercised for the last 3 days, but have not done well with my eating. I seem to be able to get the exercise in, but eating is a whole other story! I don't know what's up with my relationship with food. I feel so out of control. I hoping this thread will help me stay accountable, especially if I can post my weigh-ins here. I am not sure if I will weigh-in daily or weekly... I know weekly would be the best, but I have issues with wanting to step on the scale daily...
Old 01-04-2017, 11:39 PM   #47  
I can and will do this!

S/C/G: Goal is to reach 170

Welcome Candra!!
You can do this. We can all do it.
It is great that you already have the exercise part down. As for dieting/healthy eating is there a specific diet you are doing well on?
I personally find success with low carb, higher fat, lots of veggies and water. The cravings are gone after a couple of days and feel full with the food choices I have. I wish I had the exercise part down like you do. One day at a time.
I am going to get on the treadmill now before bed time. I was going to skip it or do a DVD but was busy and out of the house a lot. So, walking will do for today. Better than skipping all together.
Will check in tomorrow. Have a good night and welcome again!

Welcome, SmallSteps!
Good idea to share the steps for the day. I use a Fitbit and will add that to my daily "report" here.
"See" you all tomorrow. Good night!

Last edited by futurehealthyme; 01-04-2017 at 11:41 PM.
Old 01-05-2017, 07:44 AM   #48  
Gizmo

Good Thursday everyone! Yesterday did not end on plan. Hubby wasn't home when I finished work and I was too tired to cook, so I ate toasts for supper. Could've been worse. Again I did not drink as much water as I had planned. I get very busy at work and forget to drink. I will focus on changing that pattern. Hope you will all have a positive day ahead.

01: 249.0
02: 249.2
03: 249.2
04: 248.0
05: 248.4
Old 01-05-2017, 09:30 AM   #49  

S/C/G: 335.8/335.8/150

Height: 5'6''

Good morning! The last couple days have been good. I am adjusting to new habits and trying to track what I am eating carefully! I did not drink enough water yesterday so I need to work on that today!

Week One
01: Did not weigh as I was traveling
02: 297
03: 296.8
04: 298.8 (what?!)
05: 296.4
06:
07:
----------------------------
Total Loss for Week One:
Old 01-05-2017, 09:59 AM   #50  
NOT Aging Gracefully!

S/C/G: 223/ticker/126

Height: 5' 8"

I am going to jump in, as I am really working on this! The month of December was poor, but I am actually kind of proud, because I had a net loss of a couple pounds for the month. Not a record breaker, but I didn't use it as an excuse to go backwards! And we spent 5 days out of town at a friends house, away from my food and my kitchen . ..

January 5th Weigh-In: 206.6
Month Goal Weight: 199.0
January 31st Weigh-In:
Total Month Weight Loss:

Week One
01:
02:
03:
04:
05: 206.6
06:
07:
Total Loss for Week One:

Week Two
08:
09:
10:
11:
12:
13:
14:
End of Week One:
Total Loss for Week Two:

Week Three
15:
16:
17:
18:
19:
20:
21:
End of Week Two:
Total Loss for Week Three:

Week Four
22:
23:
24:
25:
26:
27:
28:
End of Week Three:
Total Loss for Week Four:

Final Days
29:
30:
31:
End of Week Four:
Total Loss for Final Days:
Old 01-05-2017, 11:24 AM   #51  
Starting to lose

S/C/G: 298/ticker/160

Height: 5'8"

SmallSteps - way to go on getting the vitamins in, I still struggle with that one.

jelder227 - Welcome!

econ nerd - I am trying to get my water intake up as well; it takes some practice and patience with the increased bathroom trips

Martine - Plans get thrown off for sure, I hate it when that happens.

Sandra - Welcome as well!

Yesterday was rocky, won't deny that. Didn't quite meet my water goal, and was far from my step goal. Vitamins were missed as well. Today is a new day.
Week One

02: 277.2
03: 277.4
04: 274.4
05: 273.0 (-4.2)
06:
07:
Total Loss for Week One:

Last edited by shea5; 01-05-2017 at 11:47 AM.
Old 01-05-2017, 11:59 AM   #52  
Determind Member

S/C/G: 323/313/168

Height: 5ft 6"

Wow yesterday was a busy day in here Welcome new people and Well done on everyone's progress so far in the year. Fera Super excited about your Fitbit, We can be Charge 2 buddies It is always great to have a Fitbit community to challenge yourself with, hope we could add each other when it arrives.

Yesterday I had a bit of a slip up at the cinema which resulted in a little add on the scale today, however i have been very good so far and plan to stay good for the rest of today. I ran out of eggs as well... I had to have avocado and a little bacon on toast this morning instead, but it seems to of done the trick. I will need to pop to the shop tonight for some eggs and some more bread.

I also have my gym induction tomorrow morning at 9am with my mum which will be interesting . I will be getting a little cardio and some arms and back workouts in. I then have a friend coming down to stay with me tomorrow so hopefully she wont mind coming a walk with the dog along the beach with me, then on Saturday I am meant to be going up to hers to stay over night, again hoping to get some steps in. Then on Sunday I will need to get back maybe get a wee swim in.

Hope all is well...... Will catch up on Sunday night on Monday morning my time
Old 01-05-2017, 01:13 PM   #53  
|| Casey ||

S/C/G: 297/ticker/145

Height: 5'7.5"

FeraFilia: The last time I was tracking all my food back in 2013-2014, I got really into macros and discovered that I was super sensitive to sodium, and that's exactly would happen to me...I would have a few too many salty meals or snacks, and the scale would immediately halt or even go up a bit until I flushed it back out then it was back on track after that. Sodium is a finicky thing, lol. I'm actually not able to wear the ring on my right hand right now because of water retention, so hoping I'll be able to get that back on soon after washing out all this initial water weight. Also, congrats on getting the FitBit!! Gift cards are awesome, lol. You'll have to let me know how you like it!

shea5: Another great loss and good work getting your exercise in so well, too! I'm working on hitting the water goals more consistently, as well. I feel like a fish trying to drink this much water after having barely had any over my long hiatus from 3FC and weight loss. But, now I am remembering how good it feels when I get that water in. (Other than having to pee all the time now, of course...lol.)

SmallSteps: Nice loss! And, good work getting your steps in. I think that's the exercise I'm going to incorporate first, while I see how my knees are going to handle getting active again.

hiimawkward: Welcome to both the thread and 3FC! The thing that helps me the most with my food struggles is drinking TONS of water. It helps keep a steady full feeling going when I'm feeling ravenous and helps me make better decisions when it is time to eat. How much water do you drink? Also, I am awkward too...hi. Hahah.

futurehealthyme: What kind of FitBit do you use? I'm seeing all these FB users and now I'm wondering if I should look into getting one this year.

Martine: I'm sure that will all be gone by tomorrow when you get your water in today. Things happen! You're still doing great.

econ nerd: Awesome loss! You already know I'm especially rooting for you so we can move down into the 280 thread together.

jelder227: Welcome to the thread! And, not giving in when you feel like you're having slower progress is a victory all its own...you are right to be proud. Glad to have you here with us!

Scotsgal: Another FitBit user...you have to tell me how you like the Charge 2, as well! I may look into getting some kind of FB this year. What are the differences between the Charge and regular ones I've seen people talking about? Also, have fun at the gym tomorrow! Sounds like it's going to be awesome, especially having your mom there. I need an in-person workout buddy soon, I think...lol.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yesterday was on-plan and I got a good amount of water in, but I want to work on getting some more in today. Exceeding the daily minimum is making me happy, but - at my weight - I need to be drinking about THREE TIMES the average minimum...which I haven't been able to hit yet. Need to start doing some light activities too so I can get a feel for what more in-depth exercises I can start doing. Going to work on that today as well. Weigh-in was 290.6 today, so that water is still coming off...yay! Hope that keeps up.

Week One
01: 294.6
02: NWI.
03: 294.4
04: 292.0
05: 290.6
06:
07:
Total Loss for Week One:
Old 01-05-2017, 01:39 PM   #54  
~*Mandy*~

S/C/G: 330.6/Ticker/<170

Height: 5'9"

Scotsgal - I already have a Fitbit, I'll message you with my email address so you can add me if you'd like. I don't like to post it on the public boards because spam.

Ophelia - The Charge 2 has all sorts of bells and whistles without being super expensive like the Surge. It has a heart rate monitor (which I'm super excited about, I currently have a One, which is just a clip on thing), all sorts of other "smart watch" features for $150. I'm really happy I was able to order it because I'll be starting c25k and it will link to the gps on your phone to give you distance and pace of walks/runs. The guided breathing/meditation feature seems like a nifty thing, too. And I've always liked the sleep tracking feature.

Finally saw a little movement on the scale (down .8 but still up 2.4 from my low before Christmas)! I wish it would move a little faster, but I didn't expect it to move much at all since I didn't get to have my protein shake for dinner last night. Baby bed time sneaked up on me and I forgot to prepare it before putting him down, and didn't want to run the blender after he was asleep. So I ended up having turkey salad and crackers at 10:30. But I didn't really snack after that, even though that "dinner" was pretty snacky. But it was mostly protein (I finely chopped up some leftover Thanksgiving turkey that I had frozen and thawed, and added just enough olive oil mayo and light honey mustard to make it stick together a little), and though it was a lot of sodium, it didn't change my calories over much.

I've got to get this snacking after the baby goes to bed thing under control. It's messing up my morning weigh ins!

Weigh in- 285.2
Steps yesterday: 11625

Today's goals:

- 10k steps or more
- 100oz of water
- 1600 calories (+/- 50)
- Plan my meals and stick to them
- No snacks after baby bed time

Last edited by FeraFilia; 01-05-2017 at 01:46 PM.
Old 01-05-2017, 02:48 PM   #55  
|| Casey ||

S/C/G: 297/ticker/145

Height: 5'7.5"

FeraFilia and Scotsgal -- Okay, I just read your post Fera and then checked them all out, and I definitely want a FitBit Charge 2 now! I am sold, lol. I might get one when we get taxes back, if I can...if I do, I will let you guys know.
Old 01-05-2017, 04:03 PM   #56  
I can and will do this!

S/C/G: Goal is to reach 170

Howdy everybody!
FeraFilia, congrats on your fitbit, daily steps and weight loss so far. My hubby has the same fitbit model and loves it. I have the fitbit charge hr and love it, as well. As for salty stuff, it will all flush out.
FeraFilia and Scotsgal , I would love to add a few friends for friendly competition and added support. Let me know if you are interested.
shea5, great job on your workouts and water and vitamins intake the other day. I need to do the same and not just place my vitamins in the daily organizer hahaha
I am sorry that yesterday was a tough one for you. We all have bad days, you will get right back with the good habits you already started.
Martine, it is hard to remember to drink water when you are super busy at work. I can understand that. To help myself, I actually set silent alarms on my fitbit to remind myself to drink water. The fitbit quietly vibrates and that reminds me I need to up my water intake.
econ nerd, good job staying on plan. Hope you have a great day!
Welcome, jelder 227!
Pretty awesome that you managed to lose some during the trickiest month of the year – December.
Scotsgal, I hope your gym induction is great and that you and your mom enjoy it.
Have fun with your friends, as well. Oh yeah I forgot to answer your previous question: the two areas I visited in Scotland were Invergordon and Edinburgh. Beautiful!!
Great job opheliaphoenix on your weight loss so far. Water or not, the numbers are going down and that is GREAT! My fitbit is Charge HR and I really like it. The newer one Charge 2 is even better. It would be fun to add one another as friends and track our steps.
Candra, I hope you are having a good day.
angiemo3, hope your day is a good one, as well!

Week One
01:248.6
02:246.5
03:246.3
04:245
05:245
06:
07:
Total Loss for Week One:

Plan for today is to continue to clean and organize ( I like things just so hahahaha), walk on the treadmill while watching TV and eat on plan.
I started singulair last night and I am supposed to take it for 2 weeks on top of my other daily asthma inhaler treatment. I read it has some horrible side effects and am concerned. Fingers crossed that it will not affect me negatively. If so, I will stop.

Have a wonderful day all!

Last edited by futurehealthyme; 01-05-2017 at 08:28 PM.
Old 01-05-2017, 08:18 PM   #57  
~*Mandy*~

That heart attack moment when you're logging your dinner on MFP, and being good and adding the 6g of butter you weighed on a scale and used to cook the veggies in results in adding 4,302 calories.

Yeah, MFP's database screwed that one up... The 1g entry is the same as the 100g entry. Oy.
Old 01-05-2017, 08:47 PM   #58  

S/C/G: 303/303/190

Default Just Lost

I have been back and forth on here for years but now I am at my highest weight ever -285 and i'm 5'9". I have such a carb issue and a portion control issue and no matter what I do it seems that every day is a mess up. It's almost like there is no noticing what/when i'm eating. My first goal is 250 and would like to be there by June 1, 2017.

Just lost on what to do. I have no support at home as in anyone else losing weight and as I said I am a carb person. As for exercise, I try to get as close to 10,000 steps as I can but a lot of exercise is hard due to bad knee and hip. Any suggestions would be great!! I just turned 50 and I want to get this weight off for good!!
Old 01-05-2017, 11:32 PM   #59  
~*Mandy*~

@dms6k - I am also 5'9 and about 285 pounds (as of last weigh in, anyway). The only bad thing about carbs (unless you have a medical issue) is that they don't keep you feeling satiated for very long. Have you considered using a calorie counting app to track your eating? There are several, but the only one I'm really familiar with is MyFitnessPal. They have very active forums, and it's basically like a Facebook for fitness. You can add friends in similar places, with similar goals, so they are supportive of the problems specific to your situation. I've found it extremely helpful! You just plug in your info and it gives you a calorie goal to lose however many pounds per week. I have mine set to 2 pounds per week, but I'm probably going to switch it to 1.5 pounds per week just give myself some more calories to play with. I've also found it helpful to plan my day ahead of time. Know when I can have this or that, and leave 100 calories or so for an emergency snack if I'm just too hungry to deal. You don't *have* to exercise to lose weight, but it helps keep your heart healthy. If you want to lose a little weight first before getting into more vigorous exercise, that's perfectly okay. Walking is a great exercise! Your hip and knee will likely start feeling better as you start losing weight (says the girl who has a bad ankle and it feels better with every pound down!).

Good luck!
Old 01-06-2017, 07:19 AM   #60  
Gizmo

futurehealthyme I like your idea of having an alarm set on your fitbit to remind you to drink water but I don't have one. I have to figure this out.

Yesterday was entirely on plan. Drank 1.4L of water and ate well. On Monday I plan on adding some exercise again, now that I no longer have coughing fits. Hope everyone will have a great Friday!

01: 249.0
02: 249.2
03: 249.2
04: 248.0
05: 248.4
06: 247.4
Closed Thread