Closed Thread

Old 01-24-2017, 12:55 PM   #196  
IR/PCOS/Pre-Diabetic

S/C/G: 310/*ticker*/150

Height: 5'4"

Trying something new this time around. Rather than focusing so much on the scale weight, I'm working on establishing good, healthy habits. If I do these things every day, the weight WILL come off, and I WILL regain some of my lost mobility.

So I have a habit tracker app on my phone and my three habits are:
  • Eat no more than two servings of carbs (~30 grams) per meal
  • Eat no more than 100 carbs per day (preferably under 50)
  • Move at LEAST 20 minutes each day.

I'm making these do-able, because I want to succeed. So many times in the past I've set unrealistic goals, and I fail and then blame my lack of willpower. So while I really aim for under 50 carbs/day, I know that some days it will be higher, and I want to capture that as a goal that still gives me success without letting me "pig out." So "movement" captures all my five-minute walks at work, or gardening, as well as more formal things like going to the gym or doing a yoga video.

The point for me is to make these things part of my life. I'll weigh, but only once a month. I'm in this more for health than a number on the scale (though it will go down as I pursue these habits) or a number on the blood sugar meter.
Old 01-24-2017, 03:46 PM   #197  
~*Mandy*~

S/C/G: 330.6/Ticker/<170

Height: 5'9"

Almost no loss again today (-0.2), but to be expected with ovulation happening this week (I always retain water around ovulation). I should have a couple big drop days coming soon, if my pattern holds true. Just gotta stick with the plan!

In other news, I get to order my treadmill soon! I told hubby I wanted to order one, found one in our price range (read: relatively cheap) on Amazon, showed it to him and said "I'd like to order this, but think about it and get back to me." Well, today he said he thinks it would be good and I get to order it after I drop 2 more pounds OR when he gets paid next (Next Tuesday) which ever comes first. Pretty excited about that!

See, now I have to workout and lose weight. I'm financially invested. Plus telling myself I can't order it until I lose 2 more pounds gives me incentive to get back to my workout routine and stop feeling so blah.

Good things are happening, and my mood is slowly catching up!
Old 01-24-2017, 05:41 PM   #198  
NOT Aging Gracefully!

S/C/G: 223/ticker/126

Height: 5' 8"

FeraFilia - So glad the mood is turning around, it makes it so much easier to stay motivated.

I have been busy, but in one of those introspective overthinking things modes (probably cause the scales stalled for the last 2 days). As with anyone who has ridden the weight rollercoaster a few times, I KNOW the definition of insanity . . and am wondering if I really think this will work this time, and if so why. I have come to the conclusion that maybe it will. I realized that for the first time I am not food logging or calorie counting or anything else, and I am still losing. I am still eating out a couple days a week, feeding my family, etc, and the scales are going down. So cautiously optimistic!

Also, I figured out today what part of motivation that really kicked me into gear this time is . . . we remodeled the bathroom, and the new walk in shower is right across from the vanity mirror. I hadn't put it together before, but I have had to really look at myself in the mirror for the last few months. No wonder I found a plan and am managing to stick to it!

January 5th Weigh-In: 206.6
Month Goal Weight: 199.0
January 31st Weigh-In:
Total Month Weight Loss:

----------------------------
End of Week Three: 203.0
Total Loss through Week Three: 3.6

Week Four
22: 203.0
23: 203.0
24: 202.8
25:
26:
27:
28:
End of Week Three:
Total Loss for Week Four:

Final Days
29:
30:
31:
End of Week Four:
Total Loss for Final Days:
Old 01-25-2017, 12:56 PM   #199  
|| Casey ||

S/C/G: 297/ticker/145

Height: 5'7.5"

synger: Sounds like it will be the perfect plan for you.

FeraFilia: I am glad you are starting to feel better and are getting that excited feeling about this all again!

jelder227: I think if you just keep at it, it absolutely will work this time. That has always been my biggest issue in the past, keeping at it after hitting frustrating plateaus or yo-yoing on the scale. This time, I'm taking the information with a grain of salt and just keeping at it. Just one foot in front of the other until we all make it. Also, having that large mirror in the bathroom has to be wonderful motivation...not just in the negative ways of finding what you dislike about your body now, but being able to really see how much stronger and healthier you will become with every passing week or month! I need to get one, lol.

----------------------------------------------------------

Weigh-in was 273.8 today -- only 0.2 lbs down, but that is to be expected after a little whoosh the day before. I also ate a little later in the evening than I have been as well, and that contributed to me eating the highest amount of calories I've had since starting...still stayed under, though! I just felt hungrier than usual yesterday, not sure why. Hopefully today will be more even-keeled.

Week Four
22: 276.0
23: 275.4
24: 274.0
25: 273.8
26:
27:
28:
End of Week Three: 276.2

Old 01-25-2017, 04:40 PM   #200  
~*Mandy*~

Got some exercise in yesterday, finally!

And I'm ordering my treadmill on FRIDAY!

And the scale had a drop of 1.2lbs this morning, bringing me to a total of 55 down!

And I felt pretty today.

SVs and NSVs abound in my day.

I hope you all are doing well.
Old 01-25-2017, 08:15 PM   #201  

S/C/G: 220/ticker/145

Height: 5'

all.

Hope everyone is doing well. It's been a busy but good week so far. I was surprised to look at my FitBit yesterday and see that I had walked over 7 miles! I'll be hitting the gym tonight with a friend so I'm looking forward to getting my sweat on!

FeraFila: You sound happy and pretty: Like you are on ! on the 1.2 pound loss!

jelder227: Sounds like you've found the key to what works for you. It's such human nature to second guess ourselves, but stop that! Your approach sounds so reasonable and not filled with deprivation.

Scotsgal! I'm sorry you're feeling so sluggish but am happy for you that you are enjoying your birthday. You'll be back on the wagon in no time.

synger: Love your attitude. I completely agree that integrating a new habit as part of your life is the way to go. That's what makes those good, healthy habits sustainable.

opheliaphoenix: A loss is a loss no matter how small.
Old 01-26-2017, 07:25 AM   #202  
Determind Member

S/C/G: 323/313/168

Height: 5ft 6"

Hello Everyone.... Yesterday I went to the gym for the first time all week, I managed 40 mins before I nearly passed out. Maybe too soon. Woke up today and the throat is fine but my nose is all yucky .

Today may need to be a waking day today.

Ill check in when Im feeling more normal
Old 01-26-2017, 01:58 PM   #203  
|| Casey ||

FeraFilia: Awesome to hear!!

curvynotlumpy: Wow, you are really putting in some work...great job!

Scotsgal: Yes, definitely take it easy...good job trying though, 40 minutes of gym time when you're feeling that ick is some serious dedication!

----------------------------------------------------------

Weigh-in was 273.4 today -- not much else to report other than I am just exhausted today. I really need to get my 2 year old's schedule back to normal...this waking up constantly between the hours of 3am-7am - when I already have insomnia and trouble falling asleep at night - is making me feel like we have a newborn again. And, I feel bad that he is just awake and playing on the tablet in his room alone for hours until morning, but it's the middle of the night! Seriously, child, half the world is sleeping...why aren't you!? I am in full on zombie mode today, or should I say mom-bie mode? Haha.

Week Four
26: 273.4
27:
28:

Old 01-26-2017, 04:46 PM   #204  
~*Mandy*~

I just kicked the last bout of sick, and now I have a sinus infection.

Eff winter. :-|

Weigh in was 274.4, so down another 1.2 from yesterday. Guess I made it to my few days of big drops before I sit still again.
Old 01-27-2017, 12:34 PM   #205  
|| Casey ||

Weigh-in was back up to 274.6 today, so up over a pound from yesterday. Not sure what triggered it, other than eating a cup of greek yogurt last night before bed because I was starving...other than that, I was on-plan and under calories. Didn't do a thing activity-wise though, because I was so exhausted. Maybe it's just a combination of those two things. Hoping I can settle it back out before the end-of-week weigh-in tomorrow.

Week Four
26: 273.4
27: 274.6
28:
Old 01-27-2017, 02:03 PM   #206  
~*Mandy*~

Down another 1.4 today, to 273.

But since I ate very little yesterday, I'm chalking it up to the "sinus drainage upsets my stomach diet" and not taking it too seriously.

Still pretty though.

Hopefully once January goes, I'll be done with all the sickness for the year. Ugh.
Old 01-27-2017, 05:58 PM   #207  
|| Casey ||

Hope you feel better soon, Mandy!
Old 01-27-2017, 08:08 PM   #208  

S/C/G: 220/ticker/145

Height: 5'

friends!

Happy Friday

Not a lot to report and no big plans for the weekend. I am going to see Hidden Figures with a friend on Sunday. We'll have brunch first and then the movie. I'm excited to see it. For my birthday in November my brother gifted me with a Barnes and Noble gift card that I partially used on a book titled Lose the Clutter, Lose the Weight. I'm very interested as I've always believed the two to be connected. In my own case, the most successful weight loss I had coincided with a major downsizing and de-cluttering. Anyhoo, I received an email that it was delivered today. I'm looking forward to some weekend reading.

A wonderful evening to all!
Old 01-27-2017, 11:24 PM   #209  
I can and will do this!

S/C/G: Goal is to reach 170

I am weak.....have let a meal take over and derail me for most of the week. I am clearly not strong enough to just have one off plan meal and get right back to it. Can't do it. Must avoid it at all costs!
I am proud of you all for doing well and sticking with it.
Tomorrow is a new day.
Have a great weekend.

Last edited by futurehealthyme; 01-27-2017 at 11:25 PM.
Old 01-28-2017, 01:13 PM   #210  
~*Mandy*~

Quick update:

Scale stayed exactly the same: 273.0. Illness is slightly less awful. Still avoiding my kid and my hubby. I woke up hungry though, and I have had almost zero appetite in a few days, so I'm gonna take that as a good sign.

I hope you all are having a good Saturday!
Closed Thread