Closed Thread

Old 01-19-2017, 12:41 PM   #166  
|| Casey ||

S/C/G: 297/ticker/145

Height: 5'7.5"

FeraFilia: I hate when people act like that! When you obviously know what you're doing, but they still have to act like holier-than-thou know-it-alls about things, ugh.

futurehealthyme: Nice whoosh!

curvynotlumpy: Totally agree with you guys!

----------------------------------------------------------

Weigh-in was 279.2 today, so inching down a little more. I think TOM is officially over (fingers crossed), so I'm happy about that...lol. Definitely starting to feel less bloated. Other than that, there really isn't much else to report. Hope you all have a great day today!

Week Three
15: 281.6 (TOM)
16: 281.4 (TOM)
17: 281.4 (TOM)
18: 279.8 (TOM)
19: 279.2
20:
21:
----------------------------
End of Week Two: 281.6
Total Loss for Week Three:
Old 01-19-2017, 01:08 PM   #167  
Determind Member

S/C/G: 323/313/168

Height: 5ft 6"

I have no idea where I have been the last few days head has been up my butt!

This weeks gym sessions where a bit mixed. I didn't go at night on Monday, so I went on Tuesday. Then yesterday I felt urgh.... So I took the dog a walk instead of going to the gym, which means that Today is a double sesh day . This mornings workout was busier than usual so I couldn't get on all of my usual workout machines. Tonight I will need to go back and get some more cardio and workouts in. Aiming to burn 1000 calories as usual.

I have made it down to 277.1 which is just 1/10th away from 46lbs lost Super happy about that. I am hoping that after today, I will smash the 276's rather quickly. I now only have 13lbs to lose before March 1st. Im catching up....

Vivvian Well done on making better choices, it is really difficult when you are faced with such amazing food that you want to eat all of... then decide to take the road to better choices. I think the Jewish mum type is very popular over here in Scotland and the UK. I call them the War Grannies. My Gran was born in 1942 and was brought up with War rationing in a slum area of Glasgow. If they had food they ate it, because they never knew when food was going to be plentiful again. She brought my mum and her brothers up to never waste their food, always eat whats on the plate and what not.... everyone has heard the phrase "If you don't eat up you wont get dessert" But whats if your full?? Are you bad? Its a generation problem that WE need to sculpt into something more manageable. So well done on good choices, and well done on the loss

Traveller Just make a plan and you will do great in the gym, you will even be able to eat a 1500 calorie day and it wont make that much of a dent in the scales. Are you going for a cardio type of workout routine, strength training? or a mix?

opheliaphoenix I am planning it in secret the best man is military and he just doesn't have the time right now to plan it all. Luckily we have been best friends (and the Groom) since we were about 13, so he was asked for my help as he knows that I am quick and efficient in planning . So they are going to Wroclaw in Poland and they will have an amazing time away. Only problem he has is that people keep pulling out of the trip. I hate it when people do that.

Fera CONGRATULATIONS ON THE BIG 50!!!! Maybe this will help a little with motivation

I am so glad that you are not cutting out carbs like Pasta, I had to go full blown cold turkey because my body just doesnt process it like other people. But GAWD I love pasta Haven't had any in about 6 months.

futurehealthyme I'm always doing Fitbit walking challenges and stuff. Ill PM you my email address

Jelder That is exactly the plan that I took last year. I lost about 35lbs solely on diet alone. I then started to plateau and I realised that it was my body telling me to start moving my butt. I only started back at going to the gym at the begining of the year, so I am not sure for how long my motivation of doing double sessions will keep up , I am also looking for an extra job that will take some of my available hours away from me. I have a fitbit to better calculate my steps and calories burned, its also a handy watch . Keep it up!

Chouku Well done on that loss!! That's awesome!

MadetoThrive Just mentally think about what you can order, good choices and then follow up with maybe a workout to catch any overspill and you will do great
Old 01-19-2017, 02:31 PM   #168  
~*Mandy*~

S/C/G: 330.6/Ticker/<170

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeraFilia View Post
Today's goals:
X- Water: 100 oz
X- Food: 1200-1300 calories
- Active: 45 minutes
X- No snacking after baby bed time
X- Prepare overnight oats
Hi all!

Scotsgal - I definitely understand people cutting carbs for medical reasons, and I really have zero issue with people doing what works for them even if it's not a medical reason. Some people are triggered to binge by too many carbs in a sitting. I get it. I only get bothered when people suggest that I should do the same because either it worked for them, or that's just their opinion. I don't have any medical issues forcing me to change my diet other than being fat, lol, and the only change for that is fewer calories heh. That is working pretty well for me so far, so I'll leave drastic changes for if/when I hit a plateau.

Opheliaphoenix- Huzzah for TOM being gone! Mine disappeared and so did 3 pounds with it!

Curvynotlumpy- Thank you for your lovely defense of my rant. I can't rant about it anywhere but here or MFP. My husband looks at me like I'm nuts, and people on FB are some of the same people telling me carbs are tiny devils hiding in my food.

Futurehealthyme - Yay for progress, staying on plan, and scale movement!

Hubby let me sleep in again this morning. I love when he does that. An extra hour of sleep because he got up, closed the bedroom door, and took care of the kiddo means more to me than any flowers of pretty jewelry. I feel pretty well rested, but I also feel kinda like a slug. I need to get up and move and do things! I failed at my activity level yesterday. I feel like I'm setting my expectations too high while trying to balance being a mom with losing weight and working on my fitness level. I have to figure out a way to get better with this. It's bothering me. And if I'm going to start C25k, I'll need at least a half hour, 3 times a week, to get the training in. I would be happy to do it while the baby is sleeping, but my workout area is right below his nursery and I don't want to be down there while he's asleep.

Weigh in: 277.6 (-1.0)
Yesterday Activity: 16 minutes (355 exercise calories)

Today's goals:
- Water: 100 oz
- Food: 1400-1600 calories
- No snacking after baby bed time
- Write up 2 week food plan and grocery list
Old 01-19-2017, 08:47 PM   #169  
NOT Aging Gracefully!

S/C/G: 223/ticker/126

Height: 5' 8"

Yay! I went to Golden Corral (buffet) and was still down. I am gaining control. Also my husband told me today that I am looking thinner, and he likes it. He also told me I have to go get my nails done. He likes me to be a bit of a "girly girl". I'm really kind of excited, because this time I AM maintaining a downward trend, even if it is slow, with my husband in town. When I lost successfully before he was working out of town, and it was much easier. But ... He came back and so did the weight. Praying that if I lose it with him here, I can then keep it off with him here. So far though, this plan seems to be working.

OpheliaPhoenix - thank you for the words of support. I need them right now!

Ferafilia - Absolutely too funny about your conversation. That had to be awesome, I get so tired of people telling me how to deal with my body. For years my husband told me that all I needed to do to lose weight was exercise. Well bub, I hate to break it to you, but my low metabolism DOES benefit from working out, but to maintain the weight I like, I have to be careful what I eat. That is just my reality! Also, thank you for the fitbit info, I just chose my birthday present! I ordered some workout videos today, should be here in the next couple weeks. Also, my DH told me I can get the BellaBeat for my birthday the end of Feb. So official "start working out" day is March 1.

ScotsGal - thank you for the validation! People just DO want to get in your business. And people act like I'm ignorant cause I don't work out yet, which just ticks me off royally. I am pushing 50, have mild arthritis, and am quite overweight. Losing some first will make it a heck of a lot easier to be successful working out . .. so to borrow a line from Ferafilia, BITE ME! Still smiling about that.

January 5th Weigh-In: 206.6
Month Goal Weight: 199.0
January 31st Weigh-In:
Total Month Weight Loss:

End of Week One: 205.6
Total Loss for Week Two: 1.0

Week Three
15: 206.2
16: 205.6
17: 205.2
18: 204.6
19: 204.2
20:
21:
End of Week Two:

Week Four
22:
23:
24:
25:
26:
27:
28:
End of Week Three:
Total Loss for Week Four:

Final Days
29:
30:
31:
End of Week Four:
Total Loss for Final Days:
Old 01-20-2017, 08:03 AM   #170  
NOT Aging Gracefully!

Was late yesterday in getting to this, and an early bird today ...

January 31st Weigh-In:
Total Month Weight Loss:

End of Week One: 205.6
Total Loss for Week Two: 1.0

Week Three
20: 203.6
21:
End of Week Two:

Week Four
22:
23:
24:
25:
26:
27:
28:
End of Week Three:

Final Days
29:
30:
31:
End of Week Four:

Restart Date - 11/2/2016
Mini Goal 1 - 199 - Below 200 - by 1/31/2017
Mini Goal 2 - 189 - No Longer "Obese" - 3/17/17
Mini Goal 3 - 172 - Start looking OK - 6/15/17
Mini Goal 4 - 156 - No longer "Overweight", also low weight in the last 12 years - 9/15/17
Mini Goal 5 - 145 - Because I NEEED little goals - 11/15/17
Mini Goal 6 - 132 - 1988 Weight - 12/31/17
FINAL GOAL - 126 - 2/26/18
Old 01-20-2017, 01:04 PM   #171  
|| Casey ||

Scotsgal: Aww, I hate when people do that, too! Hopefully everything stays smooth sailing from here on out. And, congrats on your progress...that's amazing!

FeraFilia: I'm definitely happy it is gone, too...and, I got a nice whoosh today, so I'm especially happy about it, lol. Hoping it stays down and isn't just toying with me. Also, let me know how the C25K goes when you get it started! That was on my to-do list last time, before I fell off the bandwagon, got pregnant, and ballooned back up. I still have a good chunk of weight to lose before I think I could try it again, but it's something I'm still interested in doing as soon as I'm able.

jelder227: Of course, and great job keeping everything on track...that is especially hard to do at buffets! I really think you've got it figured out this time.

Weigh-in was 277.0 today...thank goodness for those post-TOM whooshes! This marks 20 lbs down exactly thus far, so it was really nice to see that this morning. Hoping to keep that number moving down from here to finish off the week with a decent loss.

Week Three
20: 277.0
21:

Last edited by opheliaphoenix; 01-20-2017 at 01:04 PM.
Old 01-20-2017, 03:37 PM   #172  
~*Mandy*~

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeraFilia View Post
Weigh in: 277.6 (-1.0)
Yesterday Activity: 16 minutes (355 exercise calories)

Today's goals:
X- Water: 100 oz
X- Food: 1400-1600 calories
X- No snacking after baby bed time
X- Write up 2 week food plan and grocery list
Well. Yesterday was just not a good day. I ate okay, but my husband had another evening commitment, and I had another day of good intentions that didn't get realized. On top of dealing with unpleasant people in internet land and real life, I was really not a happy camper by bed time. As someone who is almost obnoxiously happy and positive, having negative feelings always hits me really hard. I handled it well, food wise, barely touching any food at all, except my planned foods. Though I did eat them more for comfort, even though it was dinner time.

However, I am in a much better mood today. My running socks came in, which means I can wear a pair when I go out today to get my running shoes. AND my grocery list is prepared, with 2 weeks of meals planned ahead. So, I did get that done. Just need to wait for little dude to wake up from his nap so we can get him a snack and get out the door! It's also really nice outside, so I can at least get some walking in, even though I can't get downstairs for something more intense.

In scale news, there was a negligible drop, but nothing exciting. As was expected between my carby, salty breakfast for dinner and how late I ate it. Honestly, I was expecting a gain, so YAY for that!

Have a great day everyone.

Weigh in: 277.4 (-0.2)
Yesterday Activity: 12 minutes (277 exercise calories)

Today's goals:
- Water: 100 oz
- Food: 1400-1600 calories
- Active: Do my best.
- No snacking after baby bed time
- Prepare oats for breakfast
Old 01-20-2017, 11:11 PM   #173  
I can and will do this!

S/C/G: Goal is to reach 170

Hi everybody,
I had another good day with eating on plan today. I am way too tired to exercise tonight but drank my water and took my vitamins.
Yesterday I ate on plan, drank water and took vitamins BUT didn't exercise. Tomorrow will do better with my exercise. Scale is moving and am grateful for that.
Tonight we are dealing with frozen underground pipe and not being able to fix it until late Spring. We had all sorts of professionals come over and thawing it out will only lead to refreezing and digging to reach it and add insulation and heating coils is not an option as the ground is frozen solid and will stay that way until end of April if not beginning of May. Thank God we have a cabin type water system (pump, water tank, pressurized tank, etc) as a back up that my hubby bought years ago. We will still have running water but we have to replenish the water tank and use the Laundromat since that uses too much water. We'll be ok: I can take daily showers (just much faster and not enjoying long ones), do dishes and all so, we can make it.

FeraFilia, I meant to mention the other day that I love your new picture. Great haircut, you look very nice!
I am sorry you had a hard day yesterday and am glad that you are in a better mood today. It's hard to deal with negative people, isn't it? Just ignore them and keep doing what you are doing, you are doing a fabulous job!!!
opheliaphoenix, great job keep a downward trend on the scale. You are on a mission, have the right attitude, are motivated and will reach your goal!!
jelder227, going to the buffet and still losing? Now that is CRAZY GOOD and incredible self control!!!
Scotsgal, yes please PM me for the Fitbit friendly competitions ( total daily steps). Your focus on getting your workouts done is very motivational. Even when you didn't go to the gym, you still went out for a walk with the dog. Nicely done! I need to follow your example!
Week Three
15: didn't weigh in
16:244.1
17:243.8
18: 242.4
19:241
20:240
21:

Have a good night and to/for us all!

Last edited by futurehealthyme; 01-20-2017 at 11:24 PM.
Old 01-21-2017, 12:35 AM   #174  
~*Mandy*~

Just wanted to share a progress shot. The biggest difference is in my face right now. The text is hard to read. July 2016, and January 2017. 6 months, 40 pounds.

Old 01-21-2017, 08:44 AM   #175  
Gizmo

futurehealthyme sorry about the frozen pipe. We had one under our kitchen sink earlier this Winter but we were able to thaw it out with an electric heater before any damage was done.

FeraFilia you really see a difference there, beautiful!

opheliapheonix congrats on reaching 20 pounds down.

Saturday and I finally have 2 days off in a row, the first time since Christmas. As this week went on, I mentally gave up and did not stay on plan. I'm fighting a pattern right now: bad sleep (I sleep 4-5 hours then wake up and toss and turn the rest of the night with intermittent light sleep) = being tired = not wanting to cook = bad choices. Time to get a grip. Have a great weekend everyone!

01: 249.0
02: 249.2
03: 249.2
04: 248.0
05: 248.4
06: 247.4
07: 247.4
08: 248.6
09: 249.0
10: 247.0
11: 246.8
12: 247.6
13: 247.0
13: 246.2
14: 246.2
15: 247.0
16: 248.2
17: 247.6
18: 247.2
19: 248.2
20: no weigh-in
21: 249.2
Old 01-21-2017, 10:21 AM   #176  

Scotsgal I have been really sedentary because I have severe arthritis in my back. I just had a spinal epidural that worked though 3 weeks ago, so I am just building up walking for now and seeing what I can do on the weight machines. I hope I can build up to doing as much as you do!

Ferafilia good luck on figuring out the C2 workout with a little one. I don't have children (physically couldn't, I wanted them) but I imagine they make things trickier. Good thing they bring so much joy! Congrats on the new running sock! I can see a MAJOR change in your face thinning out too, congrats on that as well.

jelder You've been having a nice steady week of weight loss! Great!

OpheliaPhoenix Woot! Congrats on the 20 pound milestone.

futurehealthyme Congrats for another day on plan, it will pay off for you! I hope you feel less tired today.

Martine Sorry you are struggling a bit and I hope you're able to get back on your plan soon.

I have been eating on plan this week but struggling to leave the 275 point this week! Its frustrating. I left it yesterday, losing a pound finally, only to gain a half pound back today. I went to the gym though and used weights, plus my period just ended, so perhaps its just water weight. I lost on a day I ate 1400 calories but I've been at 1100-1250 the other days with no luck.

Weight

January 1: 291.6
January 7: 281.4
January 9: 281.6
January 10: 279.2
January 11: 279.4 P
January 12: 278.4 P
January 13: 278.0 P
January 14: 276.8 P
January 15: 275.8 P
January 16: 277.8 P
January 17: 277.2 P
January 18: 275.6 P
January 19: 275.8 P
January 20: 274.6
January 21: 275.2
Old 01-21-2017, 11:09 AM   #177  
NOT Aging Gracefully!

opheliaphoenix - VERY nice whoosh! Grats on that and the 20 lbs. Fingers crossed for you! Seems like those never stick for me. I will weigh 3 times to make sure it is real, and the next day the scale says "psych"!!

futurehealthyme - sorry about the water lines, I really do not miss the frozen climes (used to live in the mountains of Colorado). My husband is a welder, and we used to go do pipethaws in the winter. Miserable!

ferafilia - You look great! Big change in 6 months, it has to feel great looking at those two pictures. I actually did take a "start" picture this time, and hoping I will have that much change at 6 months.

Martine - Sorry it has been a rough month, but at least you have maintained. When it gets bad, and I don't lose, I try to remind myself that not gaining during a period like that is actually a win.

Traveller - You have had an amazing month, good job!

January 31st Weigh-In:
Total Month Weight Loss:

Week Three
20: 203.6
21: 203.0
End of Week Three: 203.0
Total Loss through Week Three: 3.6

Week Four
22:
23:
24:
25:
26:
27:
28:
End of Week Three:

Final Days
29:
30:
31:
End of Week Four:
Old 01-21-2017, 12:24 PM   #178  
in itinere

S/C/G: 242.3/241.2/138.0

Height: 5'5"

So it turned out that I was getting a sinus infection, which was probably why I was sleeping so lousily. I didn't either get any exercise or weigh in for a few days—I just felt awful, I could barely drag myself out of bed—but my doctor gave me steroids to help things open up and they're finally, finally kicking in, so this morning I dragged myself up and weighed in on my way to shower and I'm determined to walk over to the cafe where I've been working again today. The downside is that steroids always make me gain, and I've got four more days (counting today) on them, so it's probably not all priced in, in this week's average. :\ I'm hoping if I can keep my exercise and water intake up it won't be as bad as it's sometimes been in the past.

Six sweets this week (oops), not counting today—hoping that if I write that down it'll give me the willpower to keep me from going even higher today, since my week starts on Sunday. *g*

I use a Withings scale, which also measures body fat % in addition to weight (though—it's not very accurate, if I drink a bottle of water and then reweigh myself it'll go up), so I'm going to start tracking those averages too.

Weekly Stats:

1/1-1/7: 239.6 / 49.8%
1/8-1/14: 238.1 / 49.2% (4 sweets)
1/15-1/21: 238.5 / 49.5% (6 sweets)

Better habit goals: log food as I eat it (yes!), get down to no more than one sweet a week (in progress)
Old 01-21-2017, 12:53 PM   #179  
I can and will do this!

S/C/G: Goal is to reach 170

Good morning Ladies!
Vivvian, I am so sorry about the sinus infection. It is miserable, I can relate. Yes, sometimes meds make us gain but we at least get better. I had to accept that myself: breathing was far most important than weight loss for a while (asthma meds). I hope you get over it fast and that the meds do what they are supposed to do. Feel better soon!
Traveller, you lost GREAT weight from the beginning of the month. CONGRATS! With TOM gone, extra water should flush out. Hang in there and don't give up. The scale will start moving soon. The arthritis in the back must be so painful, I am so sorry. I am glad the epidural helped a little. Take it easy and gradually increase exercise based on how you feel: nobody knows your body better than you. All the best and hope the scale starts moving and more importantly the the pain is manageable.
Martine, I am so sorry that you have trouble sleeping well. Have you tried anything natural for sleep, such as melatonin or certain teas? I haven't taken it but heard that it can help. Being tired affects everything else. Geez, first two consecutive days off since Christmas!?!?! Wow, your work schedule is intense. Hang in there. You can do it: find a few minutes here and there and prep some foods on your plan. You got this!!! Think of your goal and that you are in charge of reaching it. Don't let a few bad days or a week derail your plans! Sending you positive thoughts and virtual hugs!
jelder227, good job ending the week with a nice loss!
FeraFilia, wow what a difference. So motivational!WOW, WOW, WOW! Great job!!!

---------------------------------------------
Getting lots of fresh snow around here. Thank you for your kind words: we'll be OK with the water pipe situation. It will be a pain to refill the tank every couple of days but we can do it. Can't wait for spring. God help me, by then I will have lost a lot of weight AND another reason to celebrate: we can fix the darn underground pipe.
Plan for today: exercise, vitamins, water intake, eat on plan, go to a show we have tickets for, relax.........oh yeah, bring WATER to the house hahahaha here is some additional weight lifting hahahaha
Hope you all end the 3rd week pleased with your results. Let's make a great 4th week for ourselves! I am disappointed I wasted a whole week with poor choices but, I came back and am doing well. Looking to the future, can't undo the past choices!
Week Three
15: didn't weigh in
16:244.1
17:243.8
18: 242.4
19:241
20:240
21:239.5

Last edited by futurehealthyme; 01-21-2017 at 01:14 PM.
Old 01-21-2017, 02:36 PM   #180  
|| Casey ||

FeraFilia: You look amazing! And, so much happier already.

futurehealthyme: Thank you, and you're doing great as well! Also, I'm sorry about the pipe situation but so happy that you guys have a backup system in the meantime -- what a lifesaver!

Martine: Thank you! And, I know what you mean about being tired and feeling like you just want to eat the closest or easiest thing instead of putting in that effort at dinner time. I did the same thing last night, but after I made one of those microwaved pasta meals, my two year old ended up eating almost all of it while begging in my lap. I mean I literally got all of 5 noodles from the whole thing...lol. So, I ended up just grabbing one of my husband's protein shakes and a banana and doubled up on the water because I was too tired to try again. Kudos to my kid for keeping me honest and on-plan, I guess! Tomorrow is a new day, and I know you will make healthier choices now -- this little bump in the road was just that, a little bump in the road. Hope you have a great rest of your weekend!

Traveller: Thanks! And, I'm sorry that the scale yo-yo'ed on you...I bet after a rest and some more time post-TOM, it will come right back off.

jelder227: Thank you, and great loss for the week for you too!

Vivvian: Oh no...hope you feel better soon and that the steroids don't do too much bloating in the meantime. Take it easy and heal up. Glad it's starting to kick in and help!

Weigh-in was 276.2 today, so that is 5.4 lbs down for the week. Not bad considering I was dealing with TOM this week...just thankful I got that post-TOM whoosh right before week's end, or it would have been another story! Haha. Anyway, it's storming here and my husband's foot he had surgery on this Fall is hurting, so we're not going to the gym today as planned. I need to make sure I still do something here at the house and not let this make me lazy, lol. Hoping we can pick back up our plan tomorrow. Also, starting to drink green tea today as thing of principle...it's alright, but I don't love it yet. (I think I am used to the bottled, extra sugary/fruity ones from the store that are almost as bad as sodas...lol.) I think I need to buy some fresh lemons, and it will be just right. Anyone else have favorite ways to drink green tea in the mornings?

Week Three
20: 277.0
21: 276.2
Total Loss for Week Three: 5.4 lbs.

Last edited by opheliaphoenix; 01-21-2017 at 04:43 PM.
Closed Thread