Closed Thread

Old 10-17-2016, 11:31 AM   #76  

S/C/G: 200/193/140

Height: 5'5

Hi everyone

Feels like forever since I've checked in, but I guess it's only been a week. That's a long time though, right? Last week is pure insanity for me at work. I don't even know how I survived. The weekend was a much needed exercise in relaxation. Got my portions under control for the most part, and really kept up with water through the weekend, which is a struggle for me. I'm fine on the weekdays, but the weekends are a mission. Anyway, all that to say, I'm down to 209.5. I haven't been under 210 in a while, so that was a bonus to see this morning.

Lots on the go, both at work and at home, so I'll check in when I can. Hope you're all doing as well as you can be.

Mandy super strong vibes to get you through this situation with your teeth! :hugs:
Old 10-17-2016, 12:00 PM   #77  
Determind Member

S/C/G: 323/313/168

Height: 5ft 6"

Guess who is back from Germany

I am soo knackered, my arms are killing me from all the drumming and late night dancing in German Clubs lol. On the first night out in Leipzig, I woke up the next morning with a bit of a rough throat (I blamed it on the Karaoke and not the lack of warm clothing). I got worse throughout the week and on Friday Night on a night out in Bremen, I again wasn't sufficiently dressed for the colder than Scotland (surprisingly) weather. I now have a throat like glass and surrounded by a sea of hankies and bogies. My ear also hasn't yet popped from the flight on Saturday night.

I also didn't put on as much weight as I thought I would (considering my holiday to portugal had an 8lbs gain), I gained 6.3 and overnight I am now 4.7. I am going to work my butt off to get that off by the end of the week, then next week hopefully start a fresh and blasting that last 8lbs off before my first big barrier goal of 280

I hope everyone has been well

Last edited by Scotsgal; 10-17-2016 at 12:01 PM.
Old 10-17-2016, 09:09 PM   #78  
~*Mandy*~

S/C/G: 330.6/Ticker/<170

Height: 5'9"

I got started making my stuff today!

I made 3 different batches, and aside from some solidifying a bit faster than I anticipated, I am pretty happy with the results!

First batch: Plain lip balm with peppermint
Second batch: Shimmery lip balm with wintergreen
Third batch: Burgundy tinted lip balm with lavender

This is gonna be great!

Dinner was also fairly healthy the last couple nights, mostly chicken with veggies and a little carb for fun, so yay for that!

AND! We've finally got almost everything we're getting for the kiddo for his birthday, minus some clothes we will pick up on Friday.

Productive Mondays are the best.

Last edited by FeraFilia; 10-17-2016 at 10:52 PM. Reason: stray apostrophe
Old 10-18-2016, 11:50 AM   #79  

Height: 5' 2"

Hi all. After the weekend I weighed in and have neither gained or lost. Weigh in report: 254.4.
Old 10-18-2016, 01:52 PM   #80  

S/C/G: 220/ticker/145

Height: 5'

Good morning

I can't believe I haven't checked in since last Thursday. The quarter is up and running and while some of our activities have concluded I still feel like I'm sitting in a pile of chaos. Every day I sort out a bit more. I'm in middle of doing two hires for my sub-unit and those positions will report directly to me. Last week was a lot of time on the phone with HR. One of our positions received 74 applications and the other 108! I also teach my class of 28 new transfer students which brings along a commensurate amount of grading and upkeep. It truly makes me

Due to non-stop activity and eating only 1/2 of everything I make or buy I've lost a couple of pounds and am down to 207. Again, it's not deliberate. It's amazing what I DON'T shove into my big maw when I'm pressed for time!

@FeraFila: It sounds like you are having a blast and that everything is working as planned! Sending you that all continues to go smoothly and that you'll have good sales.

@Scotsgal: Glad to hear that your whirlwind trip to Germany was a success and you had so much fun! Yep, vacation weight has a way of adding up but disappearing quickly. Keep doing what you're doing and you'll be back to where you want/need to be in no time.

@Kukkie84: Welcome back to the fold! Sounds like you're living your own brand of craziness Hang in there, girl; we got this!

@Martine: I hope you had a great weekend and got some . I finally hit the exhaustion wall myself. I meant to come into work this weekend but I just couldn't do it. I slept on and off for most of the weekend. My home and office look like it too At the same time, our bodies can only take so much.

@nuumee: for neither gaining or losing. There is a lot to be said for maintaining especially when you're stressed or just too busy to put the effort and/or attention you'd like to diet and exercise.

Wishing everyone a great day!
Old 10-18-2016, 03:38 PM   #81  
By God's Grace

S/C/G: 293/ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

Just stopping by to say hi!

My first big show is in a little over 2 weeks, so I'm working like a crazy person these days. I have orders to keep up with plus two massive shows to stock, so I'm pretty much doing nothing but sewing right now. My house looks like it was turned upside down, shaken around, and set right back up... and I don't even care.
I sliced my hand right open with a rotary cutter today, fingers crossed that the super glue holds and I don't have to go get stitches (ain't nobody got time for that!) In case anyone was wondering, brand new titanium blades are incredibly sharp and you should watch where you're swinging them.

Have a marvelous day, everyone! <3
Old 10-18-2016, 03:51 PM   #82  
Determind Member

Gale02 Oh my goodness!! I hope the superglue holds :/ I also hope everything runs smoothly in the run up to the show.

I have such a horrible cold from dancing around with very little warm clothing on in Germany. My nose hasn't stopped running in 2 full days, my nose feel like i've been wiping it with glass. I hate being Ill, I am also super hungry all the time, I need to make sure I don't over eat my daily calories or Ill never lose my holiday weight.
Old 10-19-2016, 02:23 PM   #83  
By God's Grace

S/C/G: 293/ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

Scotsgal - I hope you feel better soon!
Old 10-20-2016, 09:01 AM   #84  

S/C/G: 200/193/140

Height: 5'5

Oh the wonders a little bit of cake can do to you on the scale. I'm up 1lb - back to 210.5. Hoping to get rid of it today by chugging lots of water.
Old 10-20-2016, 11:19 AM   #85  
Determind Member

My cold is nearly on its way out, thank goodness! I still can't hear properly out of my left ear from my flight on Saturday, but I can't complain about life because not only did I lose all my holiday weight so far this week, but I have lost an extra lb I am currently 286.8 and only 6.8 away from my first big target which once reached will see me 43lbs down I actually can't wait until xmas when I will be in the 270's or less :O
Old 10-22-2016, 03:34 PM   #86  

S/C/G: 241/223.4/150

Height: 5'4"

Hey everyone, been MIA again for a bit, things got a bit crazy after the storm. Things are crazy but good here, just bought a new car yesterday, so exciting. It's a little 2013 red chevy sonic, great on mpg. My 30th birthday is on Monday, not sure how I feel about that yet, I did not hit the goal I had set and I have hit a lot of bumps. I decided that a birthday present to myself was to get back on my shakes since that worked for the first 30lbs I lost. Also getting a new walking DVD because mine has gone missing. My shakes should be here this week, this is a bad time of year to be starting but hopefully it won't be too bad! Hope everyone has had a great month!
Old 10-22-2016, 05:20 PM   #87  
~*Mandy*~

S/C/G: 330.6/Ticker/<170

Height: 5'9"

GOOD NEWS!! The insurance rushed the predetermination request, and I got the thing in the mail today! I can call on Monday to schedule surgery to get this painful wisdom tooth situation taken care of! YAY!
Old 10-23-2016, 02:29 AM   #88  

well I am 64 now. It happened yesterday and along with thta my weight is moving toward 300. I have never been so disgusted with myself and it is getting harder to hide it from my friends and family. In fact I know I am not hiding it . I can tell by the comments (nothing mean) Just always asking if I am ok and mentioning how they need to start getting healthy and trying to include me.I see the look of concern on their face as they see me struggle to keep up. It is 2:00am and I just weighed at 292.6 and figure I may be more tomorrow after the pizza,ice cream and cake I ate a while ago. I am hoping by posting my weight and reading everyones posts I might get the motivation to wake up. The plan in my head is to wake up tomorrow and start eating right, unfortunately I have no idea where to start. I do have my WW books that I am going to dig out and try to make a plan. Sorry for the whinning,I just need to stop feeling sorry for myself.
Old 10-23-2016, 01:32 PM   #89  

S/C/G: 220/ticker/145

Height: 5'

Quote:
Originally Posted by cindylou52 View Post
well I am 64 now. It happened yesterday and along with thta my weight is moving toward 300. I have never been so disgusted with myself and it is getting harder to hide it from my friends and family. In fact I know I am not hiding it . I can tell by the comments (nothing mean) Just always asking if I am ok and mentioning how they need to start getting healthy and trying to include me.I see the look of concern on their face as they see me struggle to keep up. It is 2:00am and I just weighed at 292.6 and figure I may be more tomorrow after the pizza,ice cream and cake I ate a while ago. I am hoping by posting my weight and reading everyones posts I might get the motivation to wake up. The plan in my head is to wake up tomorrow and start eating right, unfortunately I have no idea where to start. I do have my WW books that I am going to dig out and try to make a plan. Sorry for the whinning,I just need to stop feeling sorry for myself.
and cindylou52: It's not often I get the chance to welcome AND wish a new cyber neighbor happy birthday. First, a big to you. Happy you found us and took the time to write. Second, yep, birthdays (especially as we get older) can certainly be a wake up call. They also can be just the right we need. You're in fine supportive company here. Some of us are maintaining, have worked hard for great success, have had success and fallen of the proverbial wagon and are back on and some of us take two steps forward and three back. My simple answer to your post is to pick a place to start and start small. I know from my own experience the times I've been less successful at weight loss is when I fantasize about making big dramatic changes and quickly discover that I cannot keep up with my big plans. When I do the "small" things, they add up over time and lead to lasting success. A few days ago I ran across this article and thought you might find it helpful/inspiring/useful. This young lady's story and success was built on small changes over time. I enjoyed it and it got me thinking about how my approach to diet and exercise.

http://www.today.com/health/weight-l...pounds-t104084

Good luck and keep posting!

Last edited by curvynotlumpy; 10-23-2016 at 01:38 PM.
Old 10-23-2016, 03:19 PM   #90  
Determind Member

I ate fat this weekend, I had takeout and I had a big ice cream thing tonight. I am on to name and shame myself lol.
Tomorrow is the start of a better week
Closed Thread