Old 08-27-2016, 02:29 PM   #196  
~*Mandy*~

S/C/G: 330.6/Ticker/<170

Height: 5'9"

Hello everyone! Scale is being nice to me. My weigh ins this week:

Mon: 307.2
Tue: 305.0 (-2.2)
Wed: 303.6 (-1.4)
Thu: 305.6 (+2.0) (<~~ Oh that sodium bump...)
Fri: 303.4 (-2.2)
Sat: 302.8 (-0.6) (Total: 4.4lbs)

That's just crazy to me, especially since I haven't been tracking my food. I have been trying to make better decisions with food (you know, 1 cookie instead of 4... not going back for seconds just because it tastes good, etc), but still.

My goals for today:

Exercise: 9,300 steps
Water: 100 oz

LAST DAY for the step bet thing. Wish me luck!
FeraFilia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2016, 10:04 PM   #197  
Gizmo

FeraFilia hope you reached your goals today. Have you decided on your next challenge?

EMERALDberry thank you for the link to that article, it's very interesting. There's just no way that I can drink as much water as is prescribed in the link but I can sure drink more. Isn't great saying no to pizza and still be satisfied with your diet? Ultimate goal food-wise.

pinkstarberry hope you find balance with your new pill. Great job on walking in that heat and humidity and getting your 4 miles in.

Long day at work followed by our Summer party for our employees. We kept it simple, a night out at a casual restaurant. Didn't eat too much, I think I did ok. Hope everyone will enjoy their Sunday.

15: 247.4
16: 246.6
17: 246.2
18: 246.6
19: 245.2
20: 243.6
21: 245.2
22: 244.2
23: 243.2
24: 244.0
25: 243.6
26: 243.4
27: 242.6
Martine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2016, 07:37 AM   #198  
Began WW OPP 7/19/16

S/C/G: 284.6/266.4/195

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martine View Post

EMERALDberry thank you for the link to that article, it's very interesting. There's just no way that I can drink as much water as is prescribed in the link but I can sure drink more.
I didn't think I could either. I was drinking 3 to 4 16.9 oz bottles of water a day and was constantly running to the bathroom. When I read that article the other day I decided to give it a try and drank almost 7 bottles and for the 1st time in weeks, I wasn't up all night peeing. The next day I dropped more than a pound from the day before. (I weigh myself daily, though my weekly weigh in is Tuesdays) I was pretty shocked at the immediate results.

You're doing great, though. We all have to do what works for us.
EMERALDberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2016, 09:24 AM   #199  
lovemylife001

S/C/G: 180/see ticker/135

Height: 5'7

Good Sunday Morning Everyone

I hope that everyone is having a great weekend so far Hazel and I just finished our 2 miles and it's super duper humid out, ugh lol.

Martine That's nice that your job had a summer party for the employees. Where I work they have monthly employee events and we also play bingo every Thursday lol. Last Thursday I won a Dairy Queen gift card I haven't used it yet. The bingo prizes are always gift cards to food places. This month for our annual event we had eat breakfast with your manager and it was really nice. They have our cafeteria cater the event.

Have a great day everyone, off to do laundry and have some
lovemylife001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2016, 11:31 AM   #200  
~*Mandy*~

Good morning all!

The baby slept past 10am this morning he hasn't done that since he started sleeping through the night! He slept until almost 10 yesterday morning, too! I could get used to this new schedule. He's currently happily playing with his tub o ducks (read: throwing them on the floor) and a handful of cheerios in his pack n play while mama plays on the computer for a minute. Hubby is off preaching and should be home in a little bit.

My weigh in this morning was a slight (0.6) bump, but with all the drops I was expecting it (even though I don't like it much!) Still sitting at about 4 pounds gone this week, and that's just crazy.

I hit yesterday's goals, even with a nasty tension headache at the end of the day. Not a migraine, thank Jesus, but still bad enough that I didn't want to eat the dinner I was so excited to make and had been smelling from the crock pot all day (I love my crock pot). Probably didn't help much. I did have a sandwich and a glass of milk shortly before bed (which might be contributing to the bump), so I didn't wake up at 3 am starving.

Today's goals:

Exercise: REST DAY
Water: 100oz

I have decided on my goals for next week... I will continue to use a step count as a goal for some days, but a few days I will use a DVD workout as my exercise goal and forego a step goal that day. Eventually I will work up to using the elliptical we have down stairs, but that thing is a beast. Even on the easiest setting I've only been able to do, like, 10 minutes before I felt like I was gonna die... The one I used to use at the gym, I could do 30-45 minutes without much of an issue!

Time to go prepare the cinnamon rolls I promised hubby for Sunday brunch!

Have a great day!
Old 08-28-2016, 01:37 PM   #201  

S/C/G: 220/ticker/145

Height: 5'

Good morning

I hope everyone is having a relaxing Sunday.

The retreat we had with our student peer advisers went very well. We provided a lot of information, some new, some review. They learned a lot and asked good questions. The only area that seemed weak was the review session we had over previously learned material from the spring training class that we do with all of our peers. There is definite room for improvement as they blanked on some very easy material. We made a game out of the review session to make it fun. This still didn't help with incorrect answers.

@FeraFila: Even though my sleep cycle has been messed up for some time now, I still think of myself as a world-class napper/sleeper. I'm impressed by your little guy and need some remedial lessons on getting a night's sleep Oh my gosh, cinnamon rolls. Feel free to send one or a whole pan my way!

Martine, I love the idea of a summer party for employees. At the university where I work we supervisors often have conversations about how to show staff appreciation so I've been gnawing on your comment since I read it. You got me thinking.

A big to Rennie, lovemylife001, Kukkie84, and pinkstarberry!
curvynotlumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2016, 07:21 PM   #202  
Gizmo

EMERALDberry I believe that drinking that much water would help in any case, please let us know how you make it work daily. I just don't know how I would find time to drink 120 ounces of water each day. I'm trying to increase my intake, I will get there eventually.

Curvynotlumpy glad to know that the retreat went well. Yeah sometimes it's disheartening how people do not retain information over time. I even see a phenomenon that I like to call "dis-information", where employees who applied a certain policy or procedure seem to suddenly follow an altogether incorrect policy and procedure and no one knows who or what got them there. Our company has a lot of reward programs for our employees. I like the idea brought up by loveofmylife001 about bingo Thursday. I'm always trying to find new ways to show employees their hard work is appreciated.

loveofmylife001 how many employees take part in the monthly activity? Love the idea of breakfast with the boss, trying to figure out how to incorporate it at work since we don't have a cafeteria to cater anything.

So i worked all weekend and I am exhausted. Still on plan, ever trying. Have a nice Sunday night everyone!

27: 242.6
28: 243.4
Martine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2016, 07:43 PM   #203  
~*Mandy*~

Quote:
Originally Posted by curvynotlumpy View Post
@FeraFila: Even though my sleep cycle has been messed up for some time now, I still think of myself as a world-class napper/sleeper. I'm impressed by your little guy and need some remedial lessons on getting a night's sleep Oh my gosh, cinnamon rolls. Feel free to send one or a whole pan my way!
He is really *not* a good napper... but let bed time roll around, and he's out for 12 hours! During the day, he only naps when he's nursing and I can't put him down!

The cinnamon rolls (with apple chunks and a home made caramel sauce!) are delicious, and I'm pretty darn proud of my first attempt at making them from scratch!

P.S. I used this recipe http://therecipecritic.com/2014/09/c...innamon-rolls/

This is how they turned out:

Last edited by FeraFilia; 08-28-2016 at 07:45 PM.
Old 08-28-2016, 10:02 PM   #204  
lovemylife001

Good Evening Everyone

I hope that everyone had a great day

Martine We have 44 people in my department. The breakfast turned out really nice. We had it buffet style and had it in two of the adjoining conference rooms. We are not the only department that participates in the monthly events. I would say total in our division is maybe 200 employees. Next month we are renting ice cream carts and pushing them through the departments and letting employees pick whatever ice cream they want lol. We do have a lot of morale boosting events which is really nice.

FeraFilia Those cinnamon rolls look so delicious I will definitely be making those. Thanks for posting.

Have a great evening everyone
Old 08-29-2016, 08:19 AM   #205  

S/C/G: 200/193/140

Height: 5'5

Good Monday morning everyone

I'm finally heading back down. This morning I was at 213.8. Did some reflecting this weekend. Looks like I've gained about 15 or so pounds since I took on this job. I'm trying to figure out what it is about it. In part longer hours, I get home, don't want to cook, grab something quick, don't plan for the next day - you know all the predictable reasons. Also saw a picture of myself from my sister in law's baby shower and I was not happy with how "big" I looked. I thought I looked great that day, and I did, not saying that I didn't. But I think when I look in the mirror, I don't really see myself for how big I've become. That's probably why I've been so lax about making changes. So, not anymore. I need to really get on this weight loss, otherwise I'm destined for some health issues.
Kukkie84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2016, 09:43 AM   #206  
Began WW OPP 7/19/16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kukkie84 View Post
Good Monday morning everyone

I'm finally heading back down. This morning I was at 213.8. Did some reflecting this weekend. Looks like I've gained about 15 or so pounds since I took on this job. I'm trying to figure out what it is about it. In part longer hours, I get home, don't want to cook, grab something quick, don't plan for the next day - you know all the predictable reasons. Also saw a picture of myself from my sister in law's baby shower and I was not happy with how "big" I looked. I thought I looked great that day, and I did, not saying that I didn't. But I think when I look in the mirror, I don't really see myself for how big I've become. That's probably why I've been so lax about making changes. So, not anymore. I need to really get on this weight loss, otherwise I'm destined for some health issues.
I can sooooooooooooo relate to this. It wasn't until I saw a picture of myself from March of this year, that I truly saw what others see. Someone had posted a pic of me on Facebook and someone responded and said, "is that ________________??????!!!!!!" I was so horrified that they were stunned at what I had turned into. That picture is what keeps me plodding along on my weigh down the scale. When I would look at myself in the mirror "fixed up" I had no clue how gross I truly looked. Pictures don't lie. Sigh
Old 08-29-2016, 10:13 AM   #207  
lovemylife001

Good Morning Everyone

I hope that everyone had a great weekend Mines was awesome The weather is suppose to be a lot milder this week with temps in the 70's

S-good 7.5 hours
E-40 minute walk, total gym
B-high fiber english muffin
S-peach, plum
L-harvest pumpkin soup
D-tilapia and creamed spinach

Have a great day everyone
Old 08-29-2016, 01:32 PM   #208  
~*Mandy*~

YAY! Successfully completed the step bet challenge, and lost 9.6 pounds in the process (half of that this week!).

My weigh in this morning was 302.8, and I *really* want to see 299.8 in the next couple weeks. I would be so thrilled. I hate being over 300 pounds again. I know there's not a huge physical difference between 300.2 and 299.8, but there is a very big mental difference, and I need it to happen! But... I'm still not changing my food. I will keep doing what I'm doing and focus on the physical fitness for now, and then work on the food side. I need to remind myself of that. If I try to jump in the deep end, I know I will burn out and give up, and that is really not what I want to have happen. I need to make this long term sustainable! For me, that means not weighing and measuring and counting every single bite of food that passes between my lips. If/When I ever get close to goal, or if I hit a horrible plateau, I might resort to it temporarily, just to reacquaint myself with portions, but I don't want to depend on it again. I can only maintain that for a few months before it makes me crazy.

Anyway!

New week. New goals.

Today's goals:

Exercise: WATP Video (already done!)
Water: 100 oz.
Old 08-29-2016, 01:52 PM   #209  
Began WW OPP 7/19/16

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeraFilia View Post
I know there's not a huge physical difference between 300.2 and 299.8, but there is a very big mental difference, and I need it to happen!
So true! My husband chuckles at me when I say I can't wait to be in the next 10's down....like now the 250s. It's definitely a mental thing...makes me happy to be in a new 10's section.

You are doing awesome!
BTW my daughter was born on October 22nd, 1989. Great day to have a baby!
Old 08-29-2016, 07:08 PM   #210  
Gizmo

FeraFilia great job on completing the steps challenge and being almost 10 pounds down! Those cinnamon rolls sure look delicious. I'm tempted to try to make some one day, for a very special day. I bake but I don't do well with dough (be it bread or pies etc.).

Kukkie84 it's good that you're stepping back and analyzing what changes have brought on the upswing on the scale. The scale will go down, I'm sure of it.

Quick check-in, about to make supper. Have a nice evening everyone!