Old 08-10-2016, 08:41 AM   #91  

S/C/G: 200/193/140

Height: 5'5

Up, up, up we go. Sigh. Up 1.3 to 214.0. Yesterday was out team's social. We went out for dinner/drinks and then the ball game. Our team got demolished, a really poor showing, but we had a great time. Restaurant, late night, and TOM - I know the reasons for my gain, I just don't like them. Clothes are feeling too snug for my liking. Need to flip things around again.
Kukkie84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2016, 10:11 AM   #92  
Began WW OPP 7/19/16

S/C/G: 284.6/266.4/195

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martine View Post
I took my husband to a spa for a massage as his birthday gift. It was a first for me and I was super stressed but it turned out fine. We had a duo massage (hubby fell asleep it was so relaxing for him lol). Then I put on my swimdress and we did the steam rooms and cool baths. I hadn't worn a swmisuit in over 20 years, I consider this an NSV. And now I miss being in the water lol.
I think it is good to pamper yourself. I try to regularly get facials and massages. It also helps with our circulation. So glad you got to do this.
EMERALDberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2016, 11:15 AM   #93  

S/C/G: 220/ticker/145

Height: 5'

Good morning

Another busy day on tap for me. After a week of mild/reasonable temps the heat is about to be cranked up again so I can sympathize with you lovemylife001.

Sorry for the uptick on the scale, Kukkie84. Social situations are often my downfall too. I often think to myself it shouldn't be so difficult should it--to behave around food? And yet it is for me

Martine, I'm so happy that you and DH made that trip to the spa and that it was pretty much an enjoyable experience for you. I can only imagine how good that massage felt and what it did to de-stress you. I with EMERALDberry that a good massage can do wonders and now I want to schedule one for myself The fact that the cool baths awakened wanting to get back in the water is a bonus!

all around. Wishing everyone a wonderful Wednesday!
curvynotlumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2016, 08:35 AM   #94  
lovemylife001

S/C/G: 180/see ticker/135

Height: 5'7

Good Morning Everyone

I hope that everyone is having a great week. It's almost TGIF

S-6.5 hours
E-30 minute walk with Hazel
B-egg, bacon on bagel thin
S-orange, belvita bar
L-high fiber pb&j sandwich
D-salad w/salmon

Have a great day everyone
lovemylife001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2016, 08:43 AM   #95  

S/C/G: 200/193/140

Height: 5'5

Morning everyone.
It's disgustingly hot over here. Supposed to feel like 41 this morning, which I think is around 105 F. Gross and hot. The humidity lent itself to a brutal migraine yesterday, and I actually had to leave work early because I wasn't coping well. I'm still holding at 214. Not where I want to be, and trying really hard not to have a pity party that will work against me in the long run.
Kukkie84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2016, 09:50 AM   #96  

S/C/G: 277/170/130

Height: 5'7" / Age: 31

Good morning! Sorry I have been so sporadic in posting lately, but I've been keeping on plan with tracking my food on My Fitness Pal and walking 4 miles almost everyday. Yesterday I hit a milestone - 40 lbs lost. Next goal is making it to 220 lbs, which means I will class 1 obese instead of class 2. I'm pushing extra hard to break out of the obesity range (190 lbs) so hopefully I can make that by Christmas, which would be amazing. I want to feel healthier going into the new year!

Also realized I didn't start one of the daily weigh in charts so I went back and filled in my progress so far this month.

01 ~ 241.6
02 ~ 241.6
03 ~ 241.2
04 ~ 241
05 ~ 240
06 ~ 240
07 ~ 240
08 ~ 239
09 ~ 238.8
10 ~ 237.2
11 ~ 236.4
12 ~
13 ~
14 ~
15 ~
16 ~
17 ~
18 ~
19 ~
20 ~
21 ~
22 ~
23 ~
24 ~
25 ~
26 ~
27 ~
28 ~
29 ~
30 ~
31 ~

Last edited by pinkstarberry; 08-11-2016 at 10:54 AM.
pinkstarberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2016, 11:08 AM   #97  

Good morning!

Pinkstarberry, you are knocking it out of the park, girl! on your 40 pound weight loss! What kinds of things are you noticing about you and your life since you've dropped weight? I love hearing about the scale and NSV!

I'm off soon to an early meeting so I've grabbed my and am ready to go. Before I do I just wanted to drop by and wish everyone a great day!
Old 08-11-2016, 11:37 AM   #98  
Began WW OPP 7/19/16

S/C/G: 284.6/266.4/195

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkstarberry View Post
Yesterday I hit a milestone - 40 lbs lost.
01 ~ 241.6
02 ~ 241.6
03 ~ 241.2
04 ~ 241
05 ~ 240
06 ~ 240
07 ~ 240
08 ~ 239
09 ~ 238.8
10 ~ 237.2
11 ~ 236.4
12 ~
13 ~
14 ~
15 ~
16 ~
17 ~
18 ~
19 ~
20 ~
21 ~
22 ~
23 ~
24 ~
25 ~
26 ~
27 ~
28 ~
29 ~
30 ~
31 ~
Doing a happy dance for you!!! Awesome!!
EMERALDberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2016, 07:09 PM   #99  
~Rennie

S/C/G: HW/220~SW/191.2~GW 141

Height: 5'3

catching up from page 5 - 8/6

envelope good job on your walk and 77 degrees sounds great. We went for a walk on Saturday. It took up 30 minutes to do one lap around the Duke wall. We typically do 3 or 4 but my daughter kept stopping because she was so hot. Poor baby but I felt good. Then silly us ate pizza at this place m son recommended, smh. We wasted a walk. Oh the scale was up on 8/7 just as I expected to 180.6. I wasn't mad, since I know how my scale friend works

LOL Curvy, I'm always happy to see a low scale number even when I know it's temporary. Eventually if I get myself together it could be a permanent number but I guess I don't want it bad enough yet, idk Curvy, now that (the gent doing the 10K) would have made me shut my mouth and suck it up also ...

Thanks Martine I think I did feel better the next day. Good for you on the 2 mile walk. I don't blame you on not wanting to do anything the next day your body probably needed that break and to be rehydrated from the heat. I wonder if I watched the olympics would it make me want to exercise? Humm ... I will say when I see people walking for exercise it makes me want to start walking and I believe if I had a partner I would Martine yay on tracking your nutrients and getting more water in Good for you and hubby on the spa ... I so want to do that just once

Good job FieryCC on the 5.4lbs down ...7.2lbs

Trina, how's the additional aerobics going? I don't know what will inspire me to exercise Trina do you track your calories?

Alicia 22.2lbs GONE ... GO YOU Alicia I had great losses in 2010 also but still didn't reach my low until 2012. I so wish I could get that drive back ... one day Alicia do share a few of the menus with a 20-40g carb day please. What was your calorie range/intake during those times? .. oh I think I felt better the next day, thank you

pinkstarberry, good job on the pound on the 8th. Did you make it to the gym? on the 40lb GONE You've got this

Kukkie I got my "4" showing also TOM ended yesterday for me. I am now at 184.2. We can do this and we will. I'm just now sure when for me. I was talking to a workout nut at work. And he asked me as I was leaving was I going to get my workout on. I told him I could lie and say yes but nope I'm going home to rest my back in my bed I'm gonna put some gym clothes in my car and prayerfully one day I'll stop by the gym that I have a membership to that I pass on my way home 6 days a week Ouch on the heat and pity parties maybe we need to back a few years and see what we did to keep our competition going. We did so well Hope the migraine is going

Emmy

LaurieDawn

Well I have been doing horribly. Like Martine said. I can pretty much do well for breakfast and sometimes lunch but when I get home it's a total free for all. Today I had a junk food binge day ... stopped for gas, got a choc and yellow zinger, 2 king/thick reeces, a bag of funyuns, with an icee. I ended up sharing it with Rissa but still I should not have bought any or it. I've been going to my diabetic nutrition classes, learning tons but have not implemented anything. Oh on Sunday I did eat spinach, 2 eggs and tuna for breakfast that was the one decent meal that I have had in weeks.
love2b150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2016, 08:22 PM   #100  

Hi dear, Rennie! So good to hear from you. Regarding your junk food binge. All I can do is sympathize and give you a . Tomorrow is a new day. Each new day is another opportunity to get it right.

Have a peaceful evening.
Old 08-12-2016, 09:00 AM   #101  
lovemylife001

S/C/G: 180/see ticker/135

Height: 5'7

Good Morning Everyone It's TGIF and I'm off today It's been a long hot, humid week. My walk this morning with Hazel was steamy lol. I can't wait for the humidity to go down.

Rennie Glad to see you Well I've been doing aerobics or elliptical maybe 10-15 in the evening. I just can't bring myself to do it after Hazel and my walk. The humidity has been so terrible and wipes me out. I also have been increasing our walks whenever I can. Some days we only do 30 minutes other days up to 45 minutes so it really does help. Hazel and I stay consistent with our walks keeping them at 7 days per week whether I'm on plan or not lol I can't wait for Fall and then we'll walk about an hour per day. I don't necessary count calories, I just try to stay conscious of what I'm eating, most of the time lol

S-7.5hours
E-45 minute walk
B-egg, bacon, bagel thin
S-orange, belivta bar
L-PB&J Sandwich &banana
D-Salad with Salmon

Have a great day everyone

Last edited by lovemylife001; 08-12-2016 at 09:03 AM.
lovemylife001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2016, 02:43 PM   #102  

S/C/G: 241/223.4/150

Height: 5'4"

Didn't get to weight in today, had to get up early to go get a tire on my hubby's car because my car is broken, was overheating, replaced waterpump, thermostat etc and it was still overheating then we found out it was the electrical fan. Going to Orlando for my companys picnic tomorrow so we had to get his car road worthy, waited over 2 hours at walmart for 1 tire, was very frustrating. The low carb thing has been super easy for me up until today when I was starving in the grocery store and all I could eat was some beef jerky cuz everything else was carb city! Managed to make it through til we got home, not sure if my scale was accurate or not but it shows me down 1.5% on body fat, I know hydration plays a role so I will check it again when I do a normal weigh in which probably won't be til Monday! I am not going to let this trip kill my ketosis and my progress, I have all my meals packed and ready to go in the cooler plus it will save money to not have to eat in the parks. Going to Disney on Sunday since we are already going to be in Orlando, super excited but I have a feeling it's going to be super hot! Definitely need sunscreen or I am going to burn like crazy, I am basically porcelain and I freckle/burn, never tan lol. I hope everyone is having a great week and hope you all have a great weekend!
FieryCupcake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2016, 02:52 PM   #103  

Greetings friends

I hope everyone is having a great Friday and looking forward to their weekend. After a lovely week and a half of warm days and cool nights (I mean a need blanket cool!) the is returning.

I have one final meeting this morning and then the afternoon without interruption to work on some tasks that have needed my attention. In January I signed up for 1/2 marathon training for the Portland Shamrock Run. Unfortunately, a couple of days after I had paid for training and got a hotel room, a work assignment/meeting was given to me and it conflicted with my trip to Portland. I had to pull out of the and I also suspended my training so I have a credit with the local running store that I can use for any other training. They have a 5K beginner training beginning in September and I've decided to apply it to that. I've been inconsistent with my running for some time so this will be a good way to get back into it.

Wishing everyone a wonderful rest of your Friday and restful weekend.

Last edited by curvynotlumpy; 08-12-2016 at 05:56 PM.
Old 08-13-2016, 10:50 AM   #104  

S/C/G: 277/170/130

Height: 5'7" / Age: 31

Good morning everyone! Hope you're all having a great weekend so far. It's very hot and humid here, so I'm struggling to find much motivation aside from walking early every morning. I've made the decision that I'll be at the gym on Monday morning at 7 AM no matter what! I have to break through feeling self-conscious about going and enough is enough, time to get started on the weight lifting.

I've also been reading a little more about the keto diet, since I've already started to naturally move away from carbs. Looking over my food diaries, I tend to eat around 50-80g of carbs per day without consciously restricting carbs, so I might try to cut that down further to 30-50g per day and see how I feel. I haven't eaten any bread, crackers, cookies, etc since starting to lose weight at the end of May this year, and I feel I have much more energy with cutting that out so I think it's good for me personally. It's been interesting to experiment with how I feel on certain amounts of nutrients, and so far eating a lot of protein has kept me feeling more energetic, more full, and less bloated than ever... so I'm hoping I've finally discovered what works for my body!

01 ~ 241.6
02 ~ 241.6
03 ~ 241.2
04 ~ 241
05 ~ 240
06 ~ 240
07 ~ 240
08 ~ 239
09 ~ 238.8
10 ~ 237.2
11 ~ 236.4
12 ~ 236.4
13 ~ 235.2

Last edited by pinkstarberry; 08-13-2016 at 11:01 AM.
pinkstarberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2016, 11:59 AM   #105  

Good morning

It's a beautiful Saturday morning but it is going to up. I've already had my morning and been to the local farmer's market where I picked up some peaches, plums and tomatoes. Everything looked so but I only have two hands,

@Pinkstarberry: I admire your commitment to get to the gym bright and early Monday and from abstaining from bread, crackers, and cookies since May.

@FieryCupcake: Glad you got your car situation all sorted out despite the frustration and wait. Have big fun at Disney this weekend! (as close as I could get to Mickey )

and a big all around