Old 12-27-2015, 10:21 PM   #1  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

S/C/G: 195/ticker/130

Height: 5'5"

Default ~*New Year, New You Challenge 2016*~

Welcome to the New Year, New You Challenge 2016!

Have you decided enough is enough and it's time to change your life to become a healthier, happier person? Did you kick all sorts of a$$ in 2015 and want to continue your reign of epicness into 2016? Did you do well leading up to Christmas, let yourself go a bit and want to lose some regain weight? Look no further, this challenge is for you! Let's start the new year the right way, by being mindful and treating our bodies with the respect they deserve. We can make 2016 the year that we reach our goals!

Here’s the aim of the game…lose the most percentage of body weight by the end of the challenge and feel healthier and happier than ever. If you come in 1st, 2nd or 3rd place, you win a shiny badge to put in your signature. You can also win a badge if you stay accountable and weigh in every week. Check out the badges:

Before Joining, Please Read ALL the Rules! Trust me you really need to!
  • You can join this challenge at any time up until the final 2 weeks of the challenge!!
  • -->Click here to access the spreadsheet used to document your weigh ins!<--
  • READ THIS. This is important. If you've skipped ahead and gone into the spreadsheet and tried to enter your information, you're probably thinking "huh, why is there an error message popping up?" That's because most of the sheet is locked. You need to post in the thread to say you want to join the challenge and I will input the data for you.
  • When posting in the thread to say you wish to join: provide the starting weight you are at now, your current weight and your goal weight. I will input your information into the spreadsheet. Optional: if you know the weight you were at in previous weeks then tell me what those weights were and I will input that information for you too - the more info the better!
  • This is also important! Week by week I will post a link to a submission form for you to enter your weight. I will update my signature with the link since I'm a regular poster across the threads just to make it easier for you to find. Please submit your weight on ANY DAY between Monday - Sunday. See below for more info on this.
  • Have a G-mail account and want to have access to the entire sheet without messing around with the form? Then PM me your g-mail email address and I will invite you to the spreadsheet so you have complete access. Please note I will only invite members who have been on 3FC for a while or who I can see post regularly.
  • Be sure to have your weekly weigh in on the spreadsheet by Sunday, because I make the charts on Monday. In the spreadsheet when the column is labelled "WK 1 8/31", that means the week BEGINS on the 31st August NOT the particular day you have to weigh in!
  • Check back in to the thread and I'll publish a weekly chart to show who's dominating over us all. Charts are Top 15 biggest losers only!
  • If you want to take a break from weighing in then right click the cell for that week and select "Insert Note" (definitely not a "comment" because these won't move with your username if new members join the spreadsheet!) and add your reason for not weighing in. If you have a week that you know you won't weigh in ahead of time - let me know and I'll insert the note for you.
  • If you don't weigh in for more than 2 weeks without a noted reason you will be moved to Standby. Come to the thread and opt back in if you want to re-enter the challenge.
Optional before and after measurements challenge! Read below:

That's it!* A huge part of this challenge is the community support, so please use this thread to talk to each other and update us on your progress. It’s less about just saying “today I weigh ___” and more about actually communicating with fellow sexy candy panda’s and talking about your life and all its ups and downs. Think of this thread more like a chat thread rather than just a place to post weights. We're here for you on your road to awesomeness!!

*FAQ
  • Can I change my Goal Weight once the challenge has begun? ~ Yes!
  • There's a - mark in my cell for a week, but I know what I weighed! Can I change it? ~ Yes! The more information you can put in the better. Let me know your missing weights and I'll input them myself.
  • My weight changed during the week but I already entered my weight, can I change it? ~ OF COURSE! Just submit your weight again using the same form, no problems.
  • The chat thread for my forum is dead...can I talk in a different thread? ~ Absolutely! The 20-something thread is the most active in these challenges, please feel free to drop by no matter how old you are. We honestly wouldn't know the difference even if you're not in your 20's!

Enter your starting weights now and the challenge begins January 4th 2016!!

Last edited by Riestrella; 03-07-2016 at 11:30 PM.
Riestrella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2015, 03:10 PM   #2  
I CAN DO IT

S/C/G: 300/ see ticker/150

Height: 5'4"

Sw-271
1/9-
1/16-
1/23-
1/30-
2/6-
2/13-
2/20-
2/27-
3/5-
3/12-
Gw-260

Last edited by Ky30; 12-28-2015 at 03:12 PM.
Ky30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2015, 04:41 PM   #3  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

Badges have been added, hope you like them!
Old 12-28-2015, 11:12 PM   #4  
Amanda

S/C/G: 272.5/see ticker/172.5

Height: 5'4

Signed up on the spreadsheet. How exciting!
DreadPiratePanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2015, 03:36 AM   #5  
Happy Plodder

S/C/G: 238/158.9/138

Height: 5'2"

I think I've signed in on the spreadsheet but my goal weight (159) keeps disappearing......

Re-started at 238 on June 1st.
Committed today at 173.3.
Goal weight for this challenge 159.

Thank you for starting this! I've enjoyed every Christmas bite but now need to get a grip again!!

Good luck, everyone!
Rosinante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2015, 11:25 AM   #6  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

Welcome everyone!

Rosinante - I see your goal weight!
Old 12-29-2015, 04:34 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 300/294/150

Height: 5'9"

I've signed up too! Looking forward to the help and support.
ioslainn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2015, 08:02 PM   #8  
Jodi

S/C/G: 285/ticker/165

Height: 5'4" - 47 years old

Smile

Hello all!! I am so excited about this!!! My hope is to at the very least finish, but, secretly hoping to WIN!

Thank you for putting this challenge together! The banners are great!

Starting: 277
WK 1 01/04
WK 2 01/11
WK 3 01/18
WK 4 01/25
WK 5 02/01
WK 6 02/08
WK 7 02/15
WK 8 02/22
WK 9 02/29
Final Week 03/07
Goal: 250
NurseMom1223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2015, 09:52 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 255/ticker/185?

Height: 5'6"

Don't know if I did it correctly. Spread sheets are not something I use often if at all. Please let me know if I'm okay or not.

Starting weight is: 255lbs.
Goal for end of year: 190

It may be adjusted later. But I have to see how my medications/health allow me to exercise. Currently battling some pulled muscles in my ribs/back.

Thanks for the help!!!
MrsTryingAgain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2015, 05:09 AM   #10  
Happy Plodder

Thanks for letting me know I'm visible, Riestrella!!

Oops, just spotted I put wrong pre-start weight, it was 173.3 not 174.3 - don't want to be claiming an extra but untrue pound lost !!

Last edited by Rosinante; 12-30-2015 at 05:16 AM.
Old 12-30-2015, 12:56 PM   #11  
NewB'day:27Jun16

S/C/G: 233.4/231.2/199

Height: 5ft 3in

BaHa Rosinante! I just "lost" 10lb that way!
Dang! You've lost a lot already!
Double Dang! Since June 1!!! Wowsa!
post menus???
SeeMyFeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2015, 02:14 PM   #12  
Jodi

Smile

Hi Ladies!

I'm looking forward to getting to know you all and participating in this challenge with you!

I love new years, and this is the first year that I have gotten a jump start by losing a few pounds in December! I think this is going to be the year for me. I am on a plan that is working great for me.

A small "thing" is that I always make Monkey Bread on New Years Day and... being on the CAD... well, you see the awkwardness. Any suggestions on what I can eat while they are munching on Monkey Bread? *Edit* Never mind on the Monkey Bread! My family opted just to have a protein laden breakfast!

Last edited by NurseMom1223; 12-30-2015 at 06:13 PM.
Old 12-31-2015, 09:47 AM   #13  
Happy Plodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeeMyFeet View Post
BaHa Rosinante! I just "lost" 10lb that way!
Dang! You've lost a lot already!
Double Dang! Since June 1!!! Wowsa!
post menus???
Thank you for the Wowsa!

I've been eating about 1,200 calories a day. NOT Low Carb but lower carbs - don't eat cakes, biscuits/cookies, pasta or rice but do eat some potatoes, fruit and veg and a roughly a couple of slices of wholemeal bread a day.

The diabetes dietician said to up it to 1,300 and to increase my starchy carbs a bit so I did (much against my will) and that's still worked too, both weight-wise and blood sugar-wise. I throw in the odd 1,100 occasionally, so I guess I probably still average out at around the 1,200 or just over.

The diab. dietician and the diab. nurse both think I'm being so strict that I can't sustain it but, although it's a little dull sometimes, I find it easier to keep it simple than to have occasional bits of the things I don't eat - I find it hard still to have "just a bit", I can't eat just one cookie, just one square of chocolate. It's something I'll work on when I get to goal, currently 138 overall.

I've also increased my walking from having to sit down every 5 minutes to walking 2 and 3 hours for fun. I can take or leave the countryside, so my walking is urban. I've got a fitbit Surge, which inspires me to take just a few more steps and a few more to reach my target (10k a day, every day).
Old 12-31-2015, 10:23 AM   #14  
Jodi

That's great, Rosinante!
Old 12-31-2015, 11:17 AM   #15  
NewB'day:27Jun16

S/C/G: 233.4/231.2/199

Height: 5ft 3in

That's depressing, Rosinante! Let's just say I'm not gonna be much competition for the rest of you! I maintain at 1200, haven't had a potato in years, and also avoid all bread, rice, pasta, sweets and alcohol. And I'm working my way up to swimming a mile a day--currently between 0.5 to 0.75 mi per day, except for recently. What else can a fat penguin do? Guess I'll have to start a starvation/fish diet. I'm really not sure what to try next: vegetarian diet? (I just can't do Atkins...bleah), eliminate all (my precious) fruit and nuts? hibernation?

....Last day of 2015 Ladeees....Time for me to settle on some good NY resolutions! 2016 is our year, Babeeeeee!!
SeeMyFeet is offline   Reply With Quote