Old 10-26-2015, 05:31 PM   #1  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

S/C/G: 195/ticker/130

Height: 5'5"

Default ~*Delicious for Christmas 2015 Challenge!*~

Welcome to the Delicious for Christmas 2015 Challenge!

Guess what, you gorgeous gum drop penguin? Next week it will be 8 weeks until Christmas! Say whuuut? Time for another of my spread sheet challenges! For any newcomers - welcome! Please read the rules below to find out more about this challenge.

This challenge…is the hardest challenge of the year. To get to Christmas you have to face Halloween candy, Thanksgiving madness and Christmas treats galore. I know in my family the entire month of December is a treat yo’ self extravaganza, so please only join if you are going to be dedicated to staying accountable towards Christmas.

For this challenge, BE REALISTIC! Are you aiming to maintain or lose? Set your standards a little lower for this one, because it’s good to enjoy the holidays with family, but it’s also good to not go overboard and remember you have an overall goal in life to achieve! One helping of food is enough! So let’s support each other in these trying months and make sure we feel proud by the time 2015 is over and we can say hello to 2016 feeling confident and ready to face the new year!

Here’s the aim of the game…lose the most percentage of body weight by Christmas and sit in your living room on Christmas morning in your PJ's and feel healthier and happier than ever. The challenge will run from Monday 2nd November to Sunday 27th December, winners will be announced on Monday 28th December and awarded shiny badges to include in their forum signature! Check them out:

Let's Keep This Simple! Please Read These Rules!
  • You can join this challenge at any time up until the final week of the challenge!!
  • ~~>Click Here to view the Spreadsheet!<~~
  • Enter your Username, Starting Weight (at the weight you are at NOW), which forum you're joining from (20-Somethings, Chicks up for a Challenge or 100 lb. Club) and scroll to the right and enter your Goal Weight.
  • The rest is all filled out automatically by the spread sheet monkeys! Don't worry, they get plenty of bananas.
  • Week by week enter your weight on any day you want between Monday and Sunday.
  • Be sure to have your weekly weigh in on the spreadsheet by Sunday, because I make the charts on Monday. In the spreadsheet when the column is labelled "WK 1 8/31", that means the week BEGINS on the 31st August NOT the particular day you have to weigh in!
  • Check back in to the thread and I'll publish a weekly chart to show who's dominating over us all.
  • If you want to take a break from weighing in then right click the cell for that week and select "Insert Note" (definitely not a "comment" because these won't move with your username if new members join the spreadsheet!) and add your reason for not weighing in.
  • If you don't weigh in for more than 2 weeks without a noted reason you will be moved to Standby. Come to the thread and opt back in if you want to re-enter the challenge.
Optional before and after measurements challenge! Read below:
  • I've included a tab on the spreadsheet to enter your measurements! Measure yourself at the beginning of the challenge and at the end to see how much you shrink! -->Access this optional sheet here!<--

That's it!* A huge part of this challenge is the community support, so please use this thread to talk to each other and update us on your progress. It’s less about just saying “today I weigh ___” and more about actually communicating with fellow sexy candy panda’s and talking about your life and all its ups and downs. Think of this thread more like a chat thread rather than just a place to post weights. We're here for you on your road to awesomeness!!

*FAQ
  • Can I change my Goal Weight once the challenge has begun? ~ Yes!
  • There's a - mark in my cell for a week, but I know what I weighed! Can I change it? ~ Yes! The more information you can put in the better.
  • My weight changed during the week but I already entered my weight, can I change it? ~ OF COURSE! I always like to use my lightest weight of the week and that's perfectly acceptable to change a weight as the week progresses.
  • The chat thread for my forum is dead...can I talk in a different thread? ~ Absolutely! The 20-something thread is the most active in these challenges, please feel free to drop by no matter how old you are. We honestly wouldn't know the difference even if you're not in your 20's!

Enter your starting weights now and the challenge begins November 2nd!!

Last edited by Riestrella; 11-04-2015 at 04:04 PM.
Riestrella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2015, 03:11 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 340/268.8/160

Height: 5'4"

This is exciting! I've never joined a challenge before. Looking for support, my thread I usually post in is starting to get very quiet. I try to post here daily somewhere but I seem to be more successful than others in my group and they just don't post anymore. Good luck to everyone!
SamIAm86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2015, 05:28 PM   #3  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamIAm86 View Post
This is exciting! I've never joined a challenge before. Looking for support, my thread I usually post in is starting to get very quiet. I try to post here daily somewhere but I seem to be more successful than others in my group and they just don't post anymore. Good luck to everyone!
You're in the right place! These challenges are great for support. Feel free to wander into any of the other threads in the 20-somethings forum (doesn't matter how old you are, we don't care!) or the Chicks up for a Challenge thread if you find that the chatter in here isn't as active. I'm the same way, I try to post daily to stay accountable and get support.
Old 10-28-2015, 06:48 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 243/204/140

Height: 63"

Good luck SamIAm (great name too).

I've added myself.. have a challenge in that 2 of my daughters birthdays lay between now and xmas. I'm afraid.. very afraid! lol Would be great to lose some weight between now and xmas though, in my mind I seem to be struggling to realise it's achievable.
PurpleJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2015, 02:49 PM   #5  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

Oof, that is a challenge, PurpleJ! You can do it though . How old will your daughters be?

Like I say in the first post, this is the hardest challenge of the year so even maintaining is a huge accomplishment!
Old 10-29-2015, 07:09 PM   #6  

haha yeah well keeping my eye on the prize is the main thing, so as you say even maintaining would be a big step.

D2 is 11 (mid November) and D3 6 (a week before xmas).. with a work meal our the following day! lol
Old 10-30-2015, 07:15 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 340/268.8/160

We can do it! With my experience at the holidays as long as I watch portion control I don't seem to gain, and if I do I lose it pretty quickly. I usually go out of town on vacation for Christmas so that will be the hardest part for me, but I'll keep going!
SamIAm86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2015, 03:50 PM   #8  

Really good point, I'm terrible for a BIG bowl of trifle, and I'm not happy till it's all gone.. I have spoken to hubby about not buying in the chocs I like but for some miniatures when xmas is nearly here, I think what I'll do is just have enough for xmas and boxing day then get back on plan. I don't drink so New year isn't a big deal for me. Having a plan is a good way of facing the holidays - thanks for getting me thinking about portion size too.
Old 10-30-2015, 05:03 PM   #9  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

My BF's family has a HUGE Christmas party on the 23rd Dec. They get it catered and my BF's sister makes an insane amount of cookies (she's amazing at baking them). That will be the biggest challenge, but apparently people tend to eat up all the food when they arrive so it'll be easier for me not to snack if everyone else is helping themselves! It'll be my first time experiencing the party, which historically is a lot of fun, but other than that I should be ok for Christmas events!

PurpleJ - You can do it! It's important to enjoy yourself, but without going cuh-razy when there's a party. Moderation, I find, is the key. I can still enjoy a nibble of chocolate here and there and lose weight without eating the entire bar. Same with your weakness for trifle! Scoop out a small portion and then walk away!! You can do it, it'll be tough, I'll need the encouragement too I'm sure of it. Definitely a great idea not buying the usual treats to have laying around the house, that's a huge deal breaker for me. Enjoying Christmas and Boxing Day is ok, but again, just learn to take it slowly and have a realistic portion plan is a great thing and will really help!

SamIAm - Wise words, as I said to Purple, portion control is a huge benefit!!
Old 11-01-2015, 11:42 AM   #10  
I CAN DO IT

S/C/G: 300/ see ticker/150

10/31-284
11/7-284 (I was weak with Haloween candy)
11/14-280 (4lbs lost)
11/21-276 (4lbs lost)
11/28-275 (1lb lost)
12/5-274 (1lb lost)
12/12-273 (1lb lost)
12/19-272 (1lb lost)
12/26-271 (1lb lost)
Goal-264 Didn't make goal but lost 13lbs I will take it

Last edited by Ky30; 12-28-2015 at 03:02 PM.
Ky30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2015, 02:40 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 220/ticker/145

Height: 5'

Riestrella, it's good that you mentioned that it's going to be a HUGE party. I like those. While the food is a challenge, there are usually so many people and different discussions and/or activities happening simultaneously that what food or how much food you have at any one time won't even be noticed.
curvynotlumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2015, 04:37 PM   #12  
~Rennie

S/C/G: HW/220~SW/191.2~GW 141

Height: 5'3

I didn't do well on the halloween challenge but I will on this one
love2b150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2015, 05:59 PM   #13  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

Week 1 is a-go!

Good luck everyone! What are you doing this week to lose weight?

curvy - You're absolutely right! I'll probably be too preoccupied with meeting people/explaining why I'm there to eat and drink too much!

love2b - Don't worry, it happens!! You can get back on track and be awesome this time around
Old 11-02-2015, 06:15 PM   #14  
~Rennie

S/C/G: HW/220~SW/191.2~GW 141

Height: 5'3

Thanks Rie , starting tomorrow I am going to cut out the carbs and junk ... oh boy wish me luck. I need all of the I can get. However I am already up 2.1lbs from halloween . I've got a lot of work to do
love2b150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2015, 09:04 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 293/269/150

Height: 5'1

I need to get major motivated, my weight loss is slowing down, I think this is just the thing to help.
amatxlatina is offline   Reply With Quote