Old 03-06-2015, 10:39 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 291/249/180

Height: 5'5"

Default Where's my motivation??

I feel like I need a serious kick in the backside. My motivation to do anything the last few days has really been lacking. Normally I look forward to my walk away the lbs DVD time. The other night I planned to do 4 miles with one. I stopped at about 2.5. Last night I kept telling myself I needed to do it. Instead I cleaned my bedroom and put away laundry, drawing it out so that it was "too late" by the time I was done. I KNOW I need to exercise on a daily (or at least almost) daily basis. I KNOW not doing so isn't going to do me any good. So why isn't the actual "get up and do it" there? I think part of my funk is the fact that the weather has been cruddy and I feel like the dvds are the ONLY thing I can do, and I'm bored of them. Thankfully the snow here all melted yesterday, and this weekend looks to be nice. Good thing because the local biggest looser challenge walk to the next town over is Saturday. I'm excited for that. I don't have the time or the money to join a gym or the Y, so changing up what I do isn't that much of an option. So...what do you do when the "don't wanna" hits?
JsMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2015, 01:42 PM   #2  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Height: 5'6"

My advice is to not let it be optional. You have to just make it a part of your day, a priority, rather than what you do IF you have time. When I started back up again, I told myself that I had to give it a full year of dedicated effort without excuses. (I'm past that year now, but I'm extending the thought since it worked so well.)

Keep in mind:

Motivation only takes you as far as the start. Dedication is what takes you to your goal.
Slashnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2015, 01:52 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 138/132/130

Height: 5'6"

I think it'd be a good idea to get a couple more dvds as you can. That way you feel like you have some options. Mabey dance cardio - or yoga - or pilates - or something with some hand weights involved. Anything you think you would be able to do that would change it up! That is what I do. I am unable to go to the gym. I have several dvds I do and plan to get more as I get bored.
raven90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2015, 05:32 PM   #4  
Fos

S/C/G: 280/199/150

Height: 5'7

I think of exercise in terms of my relationship with food. Making a dozen different excuses for why I can't or shouldn't workout or eat healthy that day is going to make it a **** of a lot harder to workout or eat healthy tomorrow. I also think about the progress I won't be making, and how a year from now, I'm going to be really happy I worked out and ate healthy today.

I'm only on day 5 of the 30 Day Shred and the repeated dialogue is already driving me nuts, so I get a little of where you're coming from on the DVD madness. I agree with Slash about not letting it be an option to skip a day. Maybe you can fit a workout into a certain time every day so it becomes a habit of the schedule rather than something you have to work your way into? I workout every morning before breakfast, so even if my time schedule goes wonky, it's still the same routine and it keeps me on track.

Also, like raven said, mix it up with some new DVDs. There's also videos on YouTube that you can try out with cardio and/or strength training (and strength training and lifting is especially good for those of us coming from a high weight). If you don't have hand weights, you can fill up some water bottles with water or sand. My sister started lifting with gallon jugs and would drink out of them when she was thirsty, LOL.

I'm glad it's warming up where you are! *shakes fists at Pennsylvania*
Fos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2015, 07:58 PM   #5  
beautiful bright soul :)

S/C/G: 296 / 171 / 150

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fos View Post
Also, like raven said, mix it up with some new DVDs. There's also videos on YouTube that you can try out with cardio and/or strength training (and strength training and lifting is especially good for those of us coming from a high weight). If you don't have hand weights, you can fill up some water bottles with water or sand. My sister started lifting with gallon jugs and would drink out of them when she was thirsty, LOL.

I'm glad it's warming up where you are! *shakes fists at Pennsylvania*
I was thinking this, too! Youtube has a ton of full-length yoga, pilates, and dance workouts as well!
belovedspirit is offline   Reply With Quote