Old 02-21-2015, 12:55 AM   #1  

Height: 5'4"

Default Rewarding Yourself

I've been trying to think of a way to celebrate my losses and wondered if anyone has any great ideas they would like to share.

I've been thinking about putting aside money for a new wardrobe for when I need it, but I have also read about some people making paper clip chains or bracelets to represent their weight loss and to motivate them.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!
janby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2015, 11:15 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 291/249/180

Height: 5'5"

I will be treating myself to a professional manicure when I hit 30 lbs gone.
JsMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2015, 07:37 PM   #3  

That's so funny! I've been thinking about that, too! For the first time in years, because of all the vitamins, I actually have strong nails. And I'm too busy researching recipes and tips for this diet to mess them up! LOL!
janby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2015, 08:52 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 432/180/200

Height: 5'11

I would like to get a scale design tattoo that has my before and goal weight in roman numerals and my fav' motivation quote.
TheSatinPumpkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2015, 09:02 PM   #5  
I Can & I Will!

S/C/G: 400 S / Ticker C / 160 G

Height: 5'7

It's mostly clothes (or boots) that I use as rewards for myself. I have no clothes in the smaller sizes I need now. So it's kind of a necessity.
Jesslan Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 09:45 PM   #6  
IG defatify

S/C/G: 240/227/150

My inner chubbo screams "CAKE!!!" But I like the manicure idea. I've considered buying pretty beads/charms for each 10 or 20 pounds to be worn together in a pendant style necklace.
Defatify is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 01:34 PM   #7  

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

Height: 5'6"

I did really well when I was wearing and buying beads and charms (1 for every 5 lbs). I need to start using and wearing them again.

I was buying the beads and charms, one at a time, but the bead shop closed and I bought a few on etsy, but then I found them at JoAnn Fabric, Michaels, and Hobby Lobby, (about 5 beads to a set, for $2-5).

I bought a few sets, and put them in a little Tupperware box, and don't consider them "mine" yet. When I earn a new bead, I "shop" for it in that box.

The cheap beads are so pretty, I don't care that they're not good jewelry. Their value wasn't important. Having and seeing them on my wrist every day was what I found motivating.

Yeah, I need to get those beads out, and start using them again.

Last edited by kaplods; 03-04-2015 at 10:48 AM.
kaplods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2015, 10:41 AM   #8  
beautiful bright soul :)

S/C/G: 296 / 171 / 150

Some ideas...

Self-care - mani, pedi, haircut, massage, a reflexology session, etc.

Retail - books/movies/music, household items, personal accessories, etc. Things you might otherwise not buy.

Hobbies/recreation - doing something athletic for the first time especially if it wasn't an option at a higher weight, going horseback riding, taking a dance/exercise/yoga class or getting a gym/yoga studio membership, going to see a movie or a show

Travel - a day trip, a longer trip to celebrate a larger goal

Jewelry - a ring or necklace to symbolize the journey and new beginnings

Last edited by belovedspirit; 03-04-2015 at 10:46 AM.
belovedspirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2015, 09:16 AM   #9  
Rin

S/C/G: 250/226/164

Height: 5'8"

I'm trying to do things to reward myself along the way. Dark chocolate, and hair cuts and getting my eyebrows done (b/c otherwise they are invisible! lol) are ways I'm rewarding myself along the way. I also bought myself hiking boots last weekend! I'm trying to pick up fun new, active hobbies, and I decided hiking will be one of them. lol I also want to get into photography, so a camera is on my list. But my big reward after I lose weight, will be new clothes! I love fashion and clothes, but can never wear what I want because they don't look good at my current size. So I am so excited when I can finally go clothes shopping!

Last edited by Rin; 03-05-2015 at 09:18 AM.
Rin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2015, 12:07 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 291/249/180

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defatify View Post
My inner chubbo screams "CAKE!!!" But I like the manicure idea. I've considered buying pretty beads/charms for each 10 or 20 pounds to be worn together in a pendant style necklace.

I LOVE that idea!! As a hobby, I used to make necklaces. I kind of slowed down when I had so many and NO luck selling them. But I'm thinking I will steal this idea and make myself something beautiful to celebrate myself.
JsMommy is offline   Reply With Quote