Old 01-12-2015, 02:37 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 294.4/204.4/170

I just read your other thread Fritzy. This is the best site ever for weightloss support. It's very hard starting over, but as I mentioned on your thread, I do find comfort in the ability to be in control again. And I've also realized that I can't stop watching my weight, or it will get out of hand. I can't give up and get comfortable again. It's crushing to see the scale be 30lbs more than your last heaviest...and knowing you lost close to 100lbs and you know first hand how difficult it is. But you also know first hand how good it feels to lose the weight, how much energy you have, how nice it is to try on normal size clothes, how you even sleep better, have a better attitude, love meeting new people and know they aren't just looking at your fat, etc. That's my motivation to do this all over again. Keep coming back to 3FC!!! I check in daily!!
lookin2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2015, 02:49 PM   #32  
Born Loser

S/C/G: 490/See Tracker/245

Quote:
Originally Posted by FritzyRoo View Post
Well I decided to chime in on this conversation because in 2007 I lost 137 pounds and kept it off until 2012. In 2012 we had a devastating year and I totally lost sight of my health goals. Since 2012 I have gained back every pound lost plus a few more. The shame of such a failure is so hard for me to bear some days that I refuse to leave my house for fear that I will see someone who knew me back in 2007. I have avoided so many functions that it has become embarrassing and a game that is hard to keep up because excuses get harder to come by. I was not this miserable when I started in 2007 because all I had to lose then was body weight. Now I have all that to lose again plus all the shame and regret. I do believe this is the hardest thing I have had to face in my life, and that is even after burying my dad when I was only 13. I used 3 fat chicks exclusively when losing in 2007 and it was THE THING that I could attribute my loss to other than my calorie counting and walking. I am now back to face this huge mountain with the best support system for weight loss, bar none. I know I could not be successful this time around either without 3FC!! I am here looking for support, yes, but I also promise to give it as well because I know how important it is on a weight loss journey. Thank you for taking time to read this long sob story, and thanks in advance for all the wonderful support that I know I will receive here. Here's wishing you great success on your weight loss journey!!
I know some of how you feel! I lost 245 lbs only to gain back 161 of it. I know the shame and disgust that goes along with it. I have 100 of that back off and my only hope is that I will not do it again. I lost 190 the first time then gained 120 back then had a total of 245 lost. It gets harder and harder each time. I know now that I have to remain part of a community and I have to track my food daily or it will happen again.

Last edited by howie6267; 01-12-2015 at 02:50 PM.
howie6267 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2015, 03:18 PM   #33  
Turning Into A New Woman

S/C/G: 302/See Tracker/250

Height: 5'2 & 1/2

I also check in daily
Terra1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2015, 09:05 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 285/277/145

Height: 5' 5"

Thank you all so much!! I am quickly being reminded of why this place was such a huge part of my success the first time around, and I'm SO HAPPY to be back here! Hugs to you all, and I am so encouraged after reading just a few of these posts. Thank you!!!
FritzyRoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2015, 10:15 AM   #35  

It doesn't take long to realize this is the best place to keep coming back to. I always open this up as soon as I get to work. I use MFP on my phone but on work days I log into the site, enter in all my meals and snacks and then update all the daily threads here when I'm through. It's honestly a habit that I miss. This place is awesome!
Old 01-13-2015, 04:28 PM   #36  

I totally agree with you, lookin2lose! I am glad you are here to cheer us on.
Old 02-04-2015, 01:45 PM   #37  

S/C/G: 289/283/189

Height: 5'5"

Question New to 3FC's

Hello @lookintoloose & weight loss friends,

I'm new to this so not sure if I'm replying to this thread correctly? I think I finally woke up yesterday after many years of denial. I've dieted before, but have never been able to take off more than 15-20 lbs. I think this lack of success led me to believe that substantial weight loss was unattainable. I just gave up on myself and my health. Now at 289, the heaviest I've ever been, I need to find a way to start believing in myself and make this happen. I think having a support group like 3FC's could really make the difference this time.

@lookintoloose your story really resonated with me. How is your diet coming along for 2015? How about others? How is 2015 working out for you?
Shebelievedshecould is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2015, 03:27 PM   #38  

2015 is doing great for me! I've lost 25.8lbs since 12/29 (5 1/2 weeks). I'm a list person...so I write down all my monthly goals. I plan our meals (dinners) out for 2 weeks and shop according to those ingredients. Our breakfast, lunches and snacks are fairly routine so I always add what we like to our grocery list. I'm a calorie counter too, and I've cut out fast food and fried food and Diet Cokes (except for on payday...it's my little treat). I track all my food on My Fitness Pal, they have a recipe uploader that you can upload a recipe from a blog/pinterest/etc and calculate the calories per serving...I absolutely love that thing! I actually log all my food in the morning for the day, that way I have no surprises at dinner and realize I've overeaten. I also track my sodium...I can always see a weight gain the day after a high sodium day. And I drink water like it's my job. I've thrown out all the junk food, and set ourselves up for success....which is the key!

I will say, without getting too long-winded here, it's a choice you have to make every day to stay on plan. I know it will get tough...but set goals, write them down, and keep coming back to 3FC. Sign up for a challenge, or a monthly accountability weigh-in. It's encouraging to know that you aren't the only one in this fight. If you find yourself slipping, make that choice to stop. Get back on plan. Find a plan that works for you, and that works forever. That was my problem the first time I lost nearly 100lbs was I started feeling so good about myself and knew if I cheated I can always lose the weight again. Well it will creep back up, and it did, +30. I will always have to track my food and weigh each day to keep myself in check. That is a hard lesson to learn.

I know you can do it!!! The people on 3FC are the most encouraging people in the world!
Old 02-04-2015, 09:49 PM   #39  

S/C/G: 289/283/189

Height: 5'5"

Default Thanks for the tips!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lookin2lose View Post
2015 is doing great for me!
Congrats on the 25.8lbs! Quite impressive. Keep up the good work!

Thanks for sharing your success and advice. I really appreciate it. I also use My Fitness Pal app on my phone, but I haven't used the recipe uploader. I will definitely check that out. I will also try to be better with my lists. I think the being organized really is the key! I am trying to get my husband more involved with more healthy living. His favorite food is Chinese as well as meatballs with laden with gravy. He also not much for exercise. He is trying, but I think this will be a big part of my challenge. Is your husband on board for the calorie counting, etc.?
Shebelievedshecould is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2015, 10:24 AM   #40  

He is on board, not as intense as I am...but he has been completely supportive. I don't think he feels like he has an option now...it's all planned out and the food has been bought, there is no "we have nothing to eat" comments anymore. It's actually easier to stay on plan than to divert to junk....he'd have to go out and get it himself...and between his job and the house he doesn't have many options of places to stop and get a treat. For us, it's a healthy competition now.

You can always start slow, mix up your favorite recipes and see where you can cut calories. My husband loves Chinese food too, so we have fun making chicken and veggie strifry, chicken fried rice, egg roll in a bowl, etc...we just have to watch the sodium and use the low sodium soy sauce. It's not exactly like the restaurants...but it doesn't make you feel deprived either.
Old 02-11-2015, 11:14 PM   #41  

S/C/G: 299/289/150

Height: 5'8"

I posted in another area of this section of the forum. I am also starting again and sorry to see I have company (it means others have suffered as I have) but glad to have the support (because we can do this and have done it before).

I have regained weight, lost health and somewhere or other lost myself along the way. Not anymore - back, strong, ready and in action. Getting by with a little help from my 3FC friends! (Credit to the Beatles - but it's true, checking in and knowing one isn't alone is a tremendous gift).
Salus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2015, 09:57 AM   #42  

It is a wonderful gift to see others in the same battle of the bulge right along with you! Welcome back Salus! I wish you a whole bunch of success and a lifetime of maintenance!
Old 02-13-2015, 08:52 PM   #43  

S/C/G: 299/289/150

Height: 5'8"

Thank you lookin2lose, I wish you the same and may I just say you are doing amazing! Keep going, we can do this.

It is funny because there was another post that spoke of the good things that happened when losing weight. I remember trying on new clothing sizes and having them fit - even be a bit loose. My initial thought (sign of being fat too long) was not to celebrate my success but to conclude that clothing was now now being made larger than the size due to the increasing size of the population. How sad is that! Even when I could have felt good about something, I found a way not to. Not anymore but an interesting observation.
Salus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2015, 02:05 PM   #44  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salus View Post
Even when I could have felt good about something, I found a way not to.
This one sentence describes me to a T, unfortunately. Man oh man. This is exactly what I have done. So silly of me.

Last edited by FritzyRoo; 02-14-2015 at 02:06 PM.