Old 09-03-2014, 08:53 AM   #436  

S/C/G: 272/See Ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

ahhhh... back to 179.8 this morning.

I know I have to be more intentional with what I'm eating, lately I eat the right things but way too much of the right things and I'm snacking mindlessly.

1st goal this week - no more eating after dinner!!
lotsakids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 12:27 PM   #437  

S/C/G: 217.6/153.2/140

Height: 5'5

noname and Marli, thanks guys. You made me smile when I needed it! Luckily the dark cloud has passed, it was just a moment of weakness I guess. Ah, women.

I'm still trying to break this 173 pound barrier...I swear, this happens every. Decade. I whoosh through the upper half and plateau through the bottom! I guess, if I had to choose, I'd rather be sitting in the lower end of each decade, but still. Talk about intense. I now, to add to my scale disdain, am really going to start testing my patience, as I've officially shifted my focus to strength training. I knowww I'm going to see a pause in my loss, but I'm already getting all twitchy anxious about it haha. It's so funny how we can predict these sorts of patterns, but they still are just as irritating and nerve wracking once they arrive.

Marina I'm kinda with you on doing something as a group. We all could use a little pick-me-up. Maybe we can all just pick one habit we've been knowingly indulging in a bit too much () and drop it for let's just say a week? For example, I can't stop digging into my salted caramel gelato, um, EVERY NIGHT, but I bet I could finally break that 173 pound barrier if I did for just 7 days. Just an idea!

lotsakids I'm in your boat, just can't stay focused when it comes to my diet. I'm even more active than I've been , but my eating has become sloppy, lazy even. Maybe it's this end-of-summer-lazy vibe going around, I don't know!

Last edited by xRiotGirl; 09-03-2014 at 12:30 PM.
xRiotGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 07:48 PM   #438  

S/C/G: 101/ - /58.8 kgs

Height: 1, 58 m

xRiotGirl I just love your idea! For at least 7 days i commit to eatting fruit whenever i'm hungry in between meals, which's always been my strategy but i haven't been following lately.

Anyone else want to join?
Marina Brasil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 01:31 AM   #439  

I'm doin' it. I need a push...I'm gonna nix late night snacks. I keep going over my calories every day, a snack here a snack there...no more!
Old 09-04-2014, 10:03 AM   #440  
Call me NNS!

S/C/G: 232.6/169.4/149

Height: 5'5"

I was thinking about the 7 day challenge on the way to work this morning and decided I'd take a week away from alcohol. I don't usually imbibe during the week, but I do drink on the weekends and I know it slows my loss (which is fine with me since I enjoy it). However, sometimes it's good to take a good long break!

But my mother just invited me to dinner Saturday. Not sure I can get away without a drink there, but we'll see!

Last edited by nonameslob; 09-04-2014 at 10:03 AM.
nonameslob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 10:53 AM   #441  

S/C/G: 272/See Ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

178.8 proving most of this week was water. I am not where I want to be food wise though, I am improving.

Today I am stuck all day at the college my boys go to. Until dear son gets his license (he is taking the test on the 20th) I will be driving an hour away and sitting here. This is the closest campus to us (we live in the sticks) It is a community college, taking advantage of good internet and later today (when we go back to the main campus) I'm going to take advantage of the gym.
lotsakids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 11:36 AM   #442  

Okay, so first day of this challenge and I failed. haha ALTHOUGH I cut down the after-dinner snacking considerably. From 4 or 5 snacks to just one small handful, so I don't feel too bad. Today, I eat nothing. Also, I ate after doubling up on my workouts (I missed a day of my program -- it is strength training) and burned something like 600 calories. I most likely needed to eat.

Yesterday was a small victory for me. I've been craving actual GOOD pizza for some time, and by the beginning of this week I already had a plan to order in Thursday. When I was making the order I had to make myself order down a size (medium instead of large, it was for my sister and I) and when the pizza came, I had to force myself to be conscious of all the cheese sticks I was snacking on as I served up the slices (I think I ate two just standing over the boxes and plates, before even eating the meal). At the end of the day I still stayed within my calorie goal, and I was actually quite filled on my pizza. Normally I would have stuffed myself with 4 slices of pizza + cheese sticks, but I only had 2 slices and it was perfect. I was so proud. That sodium, though...
Old 09-05-2014, 12:06 PM   #443  

Yesterday was great. I had 2 and a half slices of pizza that i've been wanting to eat for more than a week. xRiotGirl, this is such a coincidence: like you I was craving this one particular pizza that's very good and had to ask a size smaller than i used to (6 slices other than 8). The last 3 days or so were really good and i stayed pretty much on plan. I bought lots of fruit yesterday (love my mangos and pineapple) and got a basket full of pink lemons as a gift. The universe is definitely sendings me a signal to show me it aproves of my eat-fruit-in-between-meals plan! Hope you have a great friday!

Last edited by Marina Brasil; 09-05-2014 at 07:48 PM.
Old 09-05-2014, 04:03 PM   #444  
Getting my life back

S/C/G: 192.2/ticker/120

Height: 5'

So, I fell off the wagon for 5 days. Back on it now. Sucks... I hate set backs.

I feel like I lose slower than everyone else. I started at 192.2 and I fell out into the 180s in a few weeks, and now I LIVE here. I've been at this for 3 months... and I've lost under 10lbs. I should at least see 12lbs... right?

So many people lose 10 in a month, and it's such a struggle to just lose 1 for me. I don't want to give up, and I do plan on continuing to log food, stick to calories, run / work out. It's just so upsetting and hurtful that it takes this long. I was hoping to lose 50lbs before my wedding, is that too much to ask? I had over a year to just lose 50lbs.... and at this rate I'll be lucky to lose 30. At least... 30 is better than nothing, but it still sucks and sometimes I really do consider unhealthy things such as going back to vomiting, pills, or crap diets. I WON'T, but I seriously give it thought.

Past 5 days were rough. And... emotional. Need to get back to a happy place. I think part of it is when I eat like crap, my emotions fall under, which is just another reason to be healthy... even if it takes me 3 years to lose all my weight...
kurisitaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 10:14 PM   #445  

Kurisitaru, I wish I cold give you a hug. I would say try so hard not to compare your progress to anyone else. I'm sure you've heard this a hundred times by now, but no body is the same. Every one of our bodies ticks in a different way, and so one person's progress just WILL NOT be another's. I hear you on the plateaus, I sat for 3 weeks at 177 before FINALLY dropping all the way down to 172 in a week, and now I've been stuck at 173 for almost 2 weeks. I definitely won't be losing 10 pounds in a month, it took me almost a month to lose just 4! Don't lose hope!

Also, if it is indeed a plateau, then maybe you just need to change something up. I saw an amazingly HUGE whoosh when I did my one week (read: 7 days!!) clean-eating induction. I lost almost 4 pounds and 5% body fat in a week. All I needed to do was change my diet and I saw results basically instantly. (I have no idea what your diet looks like, so this might not apply to you). Another suggestion is to change your water in take. Or just take a week or two off. Like for real, off. Relax. Eat food. Don't think about it and don't stress. And then come back, and go hard.

At times like this for me, it has always helped to refocus on why I'm doing the things that I'm doing; I'm sticking to my workouts, because I want to be stronger. I'm drinking an adequate amount of water, because I want to stay hydrated. I'm eating vegetables and hummus instead of potato chips to snack, because I want the vitamins and the satiety that comes with it. Maybe focus on those aspects and let the weight do it's thing naturally.

This is kind of long winded now. I just hope one of these suggestions clicks for you, or maybe someone can offer a better suggestion. I really want to see you succeed, I know you can you just have to break the barrier!! Hugss!!

Last edited by xRiotGirl; 09-05-2014 at 10:15 PM.
Old 09-06-2014, 07:20 PM   #446  
Getting my life back

S/C/G: 192.2/ticker/120

Height: 5'

Xriotgirl Thanks. I'm stepping away from the scale, Maybe a loss will seem bigger if it's once a month or week weigh in. I know I shouldn't compare my loss to anyone elses, which is SOOO hard on these forums. I was ok that some people lose 5lbs a week it seems, and I was losing slowly, but I just want 1lb a week. I thought I was setting a realistic goal, and it is just disheartening when it's not happening.

Thanks again. I do appreciate the words.
kurisitaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2014, 09:21 PM   #447  

I'm on plan with my compromise to eat fruit between meals. I've also been reaching for fruit whenever i'm not really hungry but the desire to eat just won't stop, and it's working. Yesterday and today were hungry days and i find them so hard to deal with.... I usually eat more, because i try to follow my body's cues, but some days there's almost nothing that makes this hunger go away completely.... I've just had 2 small platters of strawberries, which is a huge amount of strawberries but a small quantity of calories. It turns out, even though I'd still eat pasta or chocolate, that anguishing desire to eat is gone and i may be wanting to eat but I'm not actually experiencing hunded anymore. It can be hard to differ wanting to eat from nedding to eat, hunger from cravings, etc. I will continue to use the fruit strategy.

The rest of the day i didn't eat clean because i was at a park and the food choices were limited. I was hungry and ate deep fried stuff and had diet soda. Could be worse, though.
Old 09-07-2014, 11:45 PM   #448  

I have been doing horribly at this 7 day challenge thing, so I think I might just start over from Day 1 tomorrow. I think it's this new strength training regime I'm following. I've been doing a higher ratio of cardio to strength all of this time (and by strength I mean more like simple plyometrics, push ups, squats, maybe cardio based kickboxing), and now I am following a serious 4/5 day a week strength program. I am so hungry, all of the time. I also like to workout late in the day, so here I am at 11PM wanting to eat EVERYTHING in my kitchen.

Today was the most on-plan I have been , and I ate dinner out and then went to the movies. However, I did pop my own popcorn for the movies and brought along one fun size Butterfinger as my theater candy. I was proud of myself I still count it as after-dinner night snacking, so I start fresh tomorrow!

kuritsaru I think it's a great idea to give the scale a rest! I've been trying to do the same. I did well for about 3 days and then I was so antsy every day following that I'm right back to daily weigh ins...Cross your fingers we can both find some peaceful middle ground.

Marina - I'm so happy to hear that the fruit trick is working for you It's insane how messed up our signals can be, I always try to gulp down some water when I get hunger pains at an odd time, just to be sure.

Think the battery in my scale might be dying, as I just keep bouncing between the same two numbers. 173.0 and 173.8 for the past week and a half or so, no matter what my eating habits the day before. I weighed myself on the Wii today and it showed me at almost 172. Trying new batteries tomorrow, wish me luck!
Old 09-08-2014, 08:51 AM   #449  
Call me NNS!

S/C/G: 232.6/169.4/149

Height: 5'5"

I know I technically "started" my 7 day challenge on Thursday, but I haven't had any alcohol since last Monday! So technically challenge complete But I won't be having another drink until Friday at the earliest (definitely Saturday - we have a wedding to attend). I usually get a lot more weekend bloat and start the week in the 190s, but today's weigh-in was much more kind, and in the 180s. Woohoo! Feeling pretty darn good and looking forward to a loss this week.

Thanks for the motivation to take the challenge and for the idea RiotGirl!
nonameslob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 08:55 AM   #450  

Back to my usual up and downs. I've been on plan, so i don't understand quite well where this is coming from... I'll just keep on doing what i've doing, fruits and all.