No FOOLING the SCALE - April 2014 Daily Check-In & Accountability Thread

You're on Page 17 of 21
Go to
  • Hey everyone, late check-in for me!

akelly uber congratulations on your promotion!

Olivia have fun at the gym.

Where is everyone else today?

I weighed in at 192.1 today. Wasn't expecting it because I had lunch out yesterday with a colleague, but I'll take it. Have another work lunch tomorrow, but I'm going to try and have a look at the menu online to plan what I can eat so that it's not too bad.
  • akelly -- congrats!

So the step challenge at work is in full swing! I'm aiming for a minimum of 10000 steps a day. Interesting how much I thought I walked at work....

My mom and I just started a GREAT challenge!
    "Fit into this size 14 I bought for you" by Thanksgiving or pay me back double what I paid for the outfit!!!! The outfit will include all the accessories, shoes and purse and there is no limit on the cost. So I'm either going to have a really nice outfit for Thanksgiving or I'm going to pay for it!!! My mom is a great shopper, so the thought of what she may buy motivates me!!! My mom has a really nice pic where she was about a size 14 with well fitted jeans, full length leather jacket and a hobo bag -- she wants a dress but she can work a dress in just about any size, so I told her I am going to buy her a similar outfit to that picture....getting in jeans posing a bigger challenge! :-)
  • LGW - that's a great challenge! It's very unique! And size 14 is very doable by then too.
  • Sorry I haven't been around, I've been in and out of hospital for something they really don't know what it is yet, because of this I gained 7lbs from my last weigh in on here and have lost all of that and then some.

Anyway, my weight is 218.4lbs as of this morning
  • Thanks everyone! Happy Friday!!

Olivia, sinus infection is clearing up slowly! I'm looking to get out and jog this weekend hopefully! A good support system (both clothing and family, haha) is always helpful!

Kukkie, pre-planning is always helpful- good for you! The numbers are dropping for you!!

Rennie, where are you?? Roles are changing this week, haha - I'm now looking for you! Hope everything is ok!

LGW, what an awesome challenge!! That sounds soo cool...I can't wait to see what the outfit looks like at Thanksgiving. I'm happy to be experiencing the ride with you (and others) throughout the spring, summer and fall until then!!

ushotmedown, hope you get some answers soon. I developed really bad allergic reactions and landed in the hospital last year. Staying away from certain foods and detergents, taking Benadryl at night, and having an epi-pen has all become part of my new life. I hate not knowing definite answers/causes. Praying you get better soon!
  • I know I wrote (typed a post yesterday).

akelly on the promotion and getting things on your bucket list done by 27. There are so many things I wish I had done when I was younger Keep on doing what you're doing LOL on my post. I just type what's in my head and hope that someone is listening and can help with the maddness Glad I can make you smile I'm here

Olivia yay on your back feeling better and loose fitting clothes

GO Kukkie GO Kukkie 192 next decade here you come Kukkie is Peanut back to himself now?

LGW, what a great challenge and to do it with someone close and dear to you makes it even better.

ushotmedown, good to see you sending up prayers for heeling

Angie, Radiojane, Terra hope all is well

I am inching up by my .2's. .4's. .6's ... I really need to get a grip on things. I am never going to see the next decade if I keep eating like this. My evenings are horrible ... I made room for my treadmill to come into the house but we still haven't brought it in. Every evening there has been something else going on and we get side tracked (sigh) maybe tomorrow. TOM just left but I keep craving spicy and salty things, I just told my baby that I want something sweet (kids are funny, she said ok and went to her room). Thank goodness there isn't anything sweet in here
  • April
    16. 223.4 - 1,827 cals with 116 grams protein - conditioning day - 2 hours
    17. 222.8 - 2,294 cals with 127 grams protein - deadlifts
    18. 222.4 - 1,984 cals with 186 grams protein - bench press (with chains! so much fun)
    19. 221.8 - 3,085 cals with 177 grams protein - rest day. lost my ever loving mind.
    20. 223.2 - calories not being counted, but i am being mindful.
    21. 223.6 - 2063 cals with 96 grams protein. SQUAT day!! 13 training days until my very first powerlifting meet.
    22. 223.4 - 2,321 cals with 106 grams protein. benching, but cut short. not a full training day. bleh.
    23. 222.8 - 2111 calories with 59 grams protein - conditioning day. (my least favorite training day!)
    24. DNW - 2749 calories with 166 grams protein - deadlift day. also super depressed and my calorie intake reflected that.
    25. 223.6 - 2185 calories with 160 grams protein - bench press and squat.

i was able to shift my mental space, which is a big accomplishment. usually, that sort of physical feeling depression that i experienced would have knocked me down for days or weeks, but i kept reminding myself of the blessings i have and tried very hard to stop wallowing. the really good training session i had definitely helped.
  • katerina11 - I think that is a HUGE accomplishment. It can be very difficult to stop yourself in your tracks, and shift your mental space from a feeling of negativity to positivity. Our minds are our biggest culprits. Getting the mind to work in harmony with the body is a big feat lol.

Today is a good morning! I have my nieces and sister-in-"love" (we say love and not law lol) over for the weekend. This morning I'm going to make the kids homemade pancakes. I love making them even though I don't eat them lol. My sister and I will have fruit smoothies. Yesterday, I went on veggie overload and ate an absolutely insane amount of vegetables yesterday (sauteed, raw salads, etc). Since I didn't "move" any of it out of my system this morning, I just knew I'd be up on the scale. Nope, 1.25 lbs down so I'm 193.50 lbs this morning.

Have a great weekend!
  • katerina, it's crazy what goes through our heads with life and on this journey exercise and food, so glad you didn't allow it to derail you Great NSV

Olivia good for you on the pancakes this morning My son made pancakes this morning I ate a small one with my s/f syrup and bacon. We are headed to the gym shortly then my baby has a fun day at school so I will do a ton of walking with that.

Hoping to pull myself totally in and make this a good day. The scale has been climbing. I checked my stats and I was 163.2 at the beginning of the month so I must be below that at the end. That will be my motivation. I can't totally mess up my birthday month by not being good

You all have a wonderful day
  • Quote: Hoping to pull myself totally in and make this a good day. The scale has been climbing. I checked my stats and I was 163.2 at the beginning of the month so I must be below that at the end. That will be my motivation.
    Good luck! I'm hoping that it will be easier to be good now that winter is over (winter for me is all about being trapped inside with comfort food!)
  • Thanks WahineByTheSea I think I did better while it was cold. Now when I sit down I just think of what I want to eat. It may also be that we can't go food shopping at the moment and even though I bought things that I like and will eat I don't want them. The other thing is I don't want to prepare them. When I took this journey before, I ate at least one or two frozen meals a day with a salad. And I was consistent with my walking, had two walking partners and we automatically met up for the walk. Now living in a new state not knowing anyone but family that is already in shape and always busy I don't have anyone to do things with. I won't walk alone outdoors. Well thanks for listening ... I hope to get to the 150's by summer ... that's funny keep to saying and reading and typing since I am so close to it now but yet so far
  • 26: 259.4 (+1.6) -- Cheesecake Factory at 8P (I walked 2 miles on the treadmill when I got home at 11P and walked this AM for 30 min to recover) -- I will patiently await my 3-4 day recovery. BTW I had broccoli instead of the mashed potatoes! :-) I will avoid 260 at all cost!
  • Way to go LGW

I am gonna have a huge gain tomorrow. I ate everything today but the kitchen sink tomorrow will be a better day ... I am promising myself.
  • Lost 1.6lbs
  • I'm up 2.8 lbs. not feeling good about it. Been eating to much on the weekends!