Old 03-13-2014, 09:49 AM   #16  
JUST TODAY!

S/C/G: 212/168

Height: 5'5

Hi there Golfer, like all the previous good and wise poster's advice and stories, I too could have written your post. Please do not feel alone in this there are literally millions of us struggling with this BS. Certainly do not be harsh with yourself. If you could do any better at the time sounds like you would have. Please give yourself a mental break on that.

My major problem was being addicted to food for comfort and friendship and activity and you name it! Very Very unhealthy relationship with food. Never saw it as tool for life just a sick and twisted way to cope with the world and all that goes with it. That relationship had to change 1st.

I wish I could say I had a big spiritual awakening but I did not. My sister went and had 1/2 her stomach removed( Vertical Sleeve Gastric-whatever), and because we had so many sicknesses in common, I thought "oh no that is my fate" I can't control myself so I might have to get my stomach removed to save my OWN life. Un Un no way!

Been on a Meal replacement plan and low carb since Jan 10th, didn't lose much with just low carb so I chose to do a plan that was laid out for me step by step (Medifast) by "proffesionals" and provable, with the least amount of drama/work on my part.

Have lost more than 20lbs as of this morning since Feb 3rd and most importantly my blood sugar is fantastic as well as my blood pressure is approaching normal. I'm sleeping well now and I can feel a bad difference in my body when I don't exercise for a day or two. All this in two (2) months. I been waiting 10 years for something I could have fixed in 2 months! sheeeeesh!
Even hating every minute, the results are delicious!!

I wish you well and hope that you find what works. If I could begin to fix this mess kicking and screaming all the way, I just want you and others to know it can work.

As for accountability, I post to the forum everyday! It has helped a bunch! By the way, I am 50 years old and the "sickness" stuff didn't really get bad until my late forties.
Have the best day that you are able too!

Last edited by miniapplecocoa; 03-13-2014 at 09:52 AM.
miniapplecocoa is offline   Reply With Quote