Old 10-31-2013, 12:03 PM   #91  

S/C/G: 263/see ticker/150

Height: 5'4"

Happy Halloween!!

Precious Missy, that’s a shame they cancelled on the happy hour, but it’s true what Llilith says, fun can’t stop because healthy starts. Someone said in a thread a while ago (sorry if I am quoting someone but I can’t remember who or when) that we’re not living in a dieting bubble, we have to live in the real world so it’s important to remember that temptation will be everywhere. Good luck for the weekend – it’s the hardest time to be healthy but it’ll be worth it on Monday!
And yes! I do remember picking out my outfit for the first day of school, one in particular I think I had seen in a catalogue when I was about 14, it was so bad, and it involved ski pants - so 80s!! I’m cringing remembering it now! Of course at the time I thought I was so cool, lol.

Cleancowgirl – hope your daughter has a lovely day, and well done for not licking the spoon! And congrats on the new weight!

Llilith – wow! 9 pounds in one week! I never had anything like that! I had a 5 pound loss on week 5 but actually my first few weeks with phentermine were a little slow. I think it might be because this was my second time on it, or at least that’s what a lot of people have said to me on a phentermine forum. That’s why I started taking the phen caps too, for an extra boost. I asked my doctor about it at the time, with combining the two, and he said it was fine – the ingredients are quite natural and there aren't any side effects or health risks so he’s happy for me to take them unsupervised for as long as I need to.

I was in a challenge to hit my own personal Halloween goal, which I set at 215 and I hit it just at the last minute, weighing in at 214.2 today – wooo! So I had a whooshy 3 days and lost the same as I did all week last week! I think I must have had some water weight hiding in there, although I have increased my calories these last couple days so it could be that that’s what my body needed.

As for the back to school nerves and my volunteering interview, the guy from the organization was so sweet, and so happy for me to be interested, it really did make me feel all warm inside! He explained the process to me and showed me round and said that I can come in next Tuesday to start helping out. My husband has really come round to the idea and even said he’s proud of me too which made my day!

Last edited by jennybutler357; 10-31-2013 at 12:06 PM.
jennybutler357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 09:47 PM   #92  

S/C/G: 270/219/140

Height: 5'5

Thanks TooWicky and Jennyb !

I'm completely convinced that my scale is broken. My most recent venture on the scale showed a 30 lb "gain" in the last month. I figure if i can wear my 13 jeans, fit into a medium sized T-shirt from way back in High school(my grad shirt from 2007), there is no way i could possibly have a 30 lb gain, not even that much in water weight because i know it would show.
I've decided to not use my scale for a while, maybe once a month until January when i can go ahead and splurge a little on a nice scale and one that isn't broken lol.
MizMelis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 11:16 AM   #93  

S/C/G: 270/270/160

Well I did have a piece of cake on my dd birthday but It probally as about 1/2 the size of a normal piece. Yesterday went walking in the morning then went to the big outlet mall with my daughter to shop for Christmas and we ended up walking there over 6 miles. Another benefit to shopping! The scale was happy with the walking down to 215.8 so this week lost 4.2 lbs. I am thrilled with that result and pushed me to 60 lbs lost.
cleancowgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 01:54 PM   #94  

S/C/G: 239/165/132

Height: 5'5.5

shout out to nitrus29.... Where are you girl? Hoping all is well with you...
hamlette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 03:43 PM   #95  

S/C/G: 300/see ticker/165

Height: 5ft 8in

Hello everyone

Just checking in. I have had a busy week at work and been very tired, so have wanted to eat more to keep energy levels up. I'm very pleased with a steady weight loss though.

NSV's - more fitting into clothes I cannot believe will fit, and I am attending a squash course with some friends - something I would have been far too ashamed to have done before. And a friend has said that she'll get me a new fitness tracker when I hit my final goal. How generous and motivating is that!
CrazyCatWoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 01:54 PM   #96  
apple to apple core

S/C/G: 275/215/175

Height: 5'7"

Hello everyone! Today is my birthday, but I celebrated last night. I went over my daily calories by, oh, approximately 2 glasses of wine. Then there was an incident involving 6 pizza rolls >< I feel I will be lucky to have lost weight when I weigh-in on Monday, my weekly official day. All my other days this week have been fine calorie-wise, so I'm pushing water today and hoping for the best tomorrow.

I am so grateful to feel healthier on my birthday for the first time in years and years. I don't feel physically stressed going up and down the stairs in our house. I don't feel all broke down and creaky when I get up in the mornings. I am ready and willing to go anywhere and do anything, without even a thought to how much physical exertion the outing will require! Being successful at dieting has spilled over into being willing to try some new things and put myself in some new situations and just be more spontaneous in general... another unexpected way my life has improved. My hair and nails are healthier and growing faster. My skin, despite it's new wrinkles and areas of loose skin, looks 10 times better. I don't worry about what I'm going to wear anymore. I am more energetic at work. I can keep up with my young children. My plantar fasciitis flare ups are almost completely gone! I am more clear minded. I am so extremely thankful for all these gifts that losing 60+ lbs has given me. It's a very happy birthday, indeed.
TooWicky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 02:17 PM   #97  

Too wicky- Happy Birthday to you! Amazing all the doors that seem open to us now isn't it? The air seems fresher and we have the confidence to do things we would not even have thought of. Congrats on the 60+ pounds you are definitely in this for the long haul.
Old 11-03-2013, 05:14 PM   #98  
Deal Witch

S/C/G: 262/see ticker/160

Height: 5'2"

Happy Birthday TOOWICKY!!! I hope your day is great! I'm so happy for you feeling healthy and spontaneous on your bday! I can totally relate. It's awesome, isn't it?

Jenny - I'm pretty sure most of that 9 pounds I lost early on was water - still glad it's gone though

yay! Congrats on meeting your Halloween goal!! I bet you are excited for Tuesday - and it so cool that your hubby said he was proud of you

MizMelis - bummer about your scale! It sure sounds like your body is saying something different - that must be a relief! So cool to fit into things from highschool - and I'm still dreaming about size 13 jeans! You go girl

Cleancowgirl - awesome 60 pounds gone! That is so wonderful!

Crazycatwoman - it's so fun fitting into different clothes! I actually like to get dressed now! And squash - that's cool - it neat how many different ways to stay active there are, when we finally start participating. And it is fun too . That's really great about your friend offering the fitness tracker too.

It been pretty busy here with work and Halloween - I did treat myself to a couple of fun size candy bars on Halloween. Gosh they were good. I appreciate treats much more than I used too - now that they are really treats instead of part of an unhealthy lifestyle. And, it didn't derail my progress, I was 205 yesterday!! I can't believe that I'm almost under 200. It feels so great - like the world is a different place now that I feel like a real, healthy part of it. I'm so thankful that I started this journey and that I have found what it takes to succeed. It was in there all along I think, just waiting for me to find it.

Last edited by Llilith; 11-03-2013 at 05:19 PM.
Llilith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 01:05 AM   #99  

S/C/G: S/C/G 250/206/140ish

Height: 5'3"

Wow...lots to congratulate around here. Happy bday, TooWicky. cleancowgirl and Lilith are whooshing off the pounds.

I'm a little frustrated with my body. Last week I started hitting the gym pretty hard, though, which is good. I added in weights, and definitely felt that this weekend. Didn't go to the gym today, but I took a couple-mile walk.

This part may be TMI, and maybe it doesn't make sense, who knows. About 9 wks ago I had a hysterectomy. I had been losing 5-6 lbs/month, but that sort of derailed me a bit. I'm doing okay in terms of physical stuff, but I've still got some unexplained discomfort that's sort of annoying. I've also had most of the weight loss tied around my cycle. I still have one of those, but I'm not sure where it is, how much it got disrupted by the surgery, and things such as that. I no longer have a period but I did go through a recent "omg...let me eat all of the chocolate in the universe" week. I mostly abstained, and I think I'm sort of using that as a benchmark to the pre-surgery me. We'll see if I'm right. Meanwhile, I'm trying to focus a lot on what I'm eating, and to make sure I'm getting back to the gym.
bSpring3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 02:00 AM   #100  

S/C/G: 300/see ticker/165

Height: 5ft 8in

Morning all!

Happy birthday, TooWicky, What a lovely reflection on the past year too! Great things are happening.

bSpring3, a hysterectomy is a massive change to the body, so try to go easy on yourself. I had one many years ago and didn't in any way lose the weight I thought I would, despite doing the same amount of exercise (admittedly not much) before and after - when post-surgery recovery allowed me to. Your hormones will take a while to recover, so be gentle and don't over do it, else your body will panic and store up all the weight it can!

Isn't it incredible how many of us feel the world is in fact a totally different place now we head towards wonder-land ? Has it always been like this while I have been hiding behind all this fat, afraid to take part in stuff ?
CrazyCatWoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 08:52 AM   #101  
apple to apple core

S/C/G: 275/215/175

Height: 5'7"

bSpring3, *hugs* and that is big surgery so give yourself a pass on the steady weight loss - it will ramp back up when your body adjusts a bit more

Llilith, 205 !!! Onederland is seriously imminent. With your rate of weight loss, you could feasibly see that in a week! I'm vicariously thrilled for you.

CrazyCatWoman, gratz on the squash course nsv, and I really mean that. I was going to type that is something I could never be capable of myself, but, you know, I think many things are possible for me now. I legit might play squash one day I have decided the days of limiting myself are over. Honestly, you ladies on here inspire me more than you know.

PLATEAU ALERT!! My official weekly weigh-in was this morning, and it was 213½ lbs, which is exactly what I weighed last week, and a pound up from my low this week >< I did overindulge one day by just under 500 calories. The rest of the days this week were fine, calorie wise. I haven't "plateaued" since I was at the 17 lbs lost mark, so this is kind of a big deal to me, being a relatively rare occurrence. Steeling myself to stay on plan and just keep doing what I've been doing.
TooWicky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 11:07 AM   #102  

S/C/G: 263/see ticker/150

Happy Birthday for yesterday TooWicky! I love the way you wrote than there was an ‘incident’ involving pizza rolls! But despite your plateau, it’s great to hear you’re feeling healthier and more open to new things and new experiences than you have on your past birthdays – I felt the same on my birthday a couple months back, like it was the best present I could have gotten. Oh, and your over 60 pound loss so far, I didn't realize until you said! Well done!!

Miz Melis, that is odd about your scale, I wouldn’t listen to it – if you’re able to fit into size 13 jeans and clothes from high school then I think it’s telling you lies!

Wow, a six mile walk cleancowgirl! You really worked for that shopping trip! And so great to hear the scale thanked you for it! 60 pounds down – well done!

bSpring3 – great to hear you’re hitting the gym and walking, but don’t be too hard on yourself, your body still has to adjust to such a big change.

Thanks for the congratz Llilith! I am really excited about starting volunteering tomorrow, I will report back on Wednesday to let y’all know how it went! And congratz right back at ya for the low of 205 – you’re absolutely racing ahead with the onderland goal, you’ll be right into the 100s by Christmas for sure!

Great to hear from you crazycatwoman, that’s great about the squash course, and the fitting into new clothes - so many great NSVs and there’ll be even more to come!

I weighed in at 213.4 today, which puts me just 0.4 pounds over a total loss of 50 pounds – I’m so close I can taste it!

And, I had my most astonishing NSV on saturday when I ran into an old friend at the market. She literally said, ‘Jenny? Is that you?!’ when she saw me, and said how she didn't recognize me at first and said how I looked great and so much healthier – I was over the moon to hear all this! We hadn’t seen each other in maybe a year so I guess the last time she saw me I was at least 40 pounds heavier. When I told her about losing weight she said she was ashamed to admit she’d put on 20 pounds in the last year or so – she’s still waaaay slimmer than me but it was so strange to be in that position, for me to be encouraging her to lose weight, I felt a bit of a fraud in some ways, like who am I to tell people this when I never listened to anyone else before?
jennybutler357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 10:36 PM   #103  
Started IP 10/21/15

S/C/G: 243/238.8/170

toowicky, Happy (belated) Birthday!

jenny, what a wonderful NSV!!!

Sorry for the limited personal responses, but life has been interesting...in a good way!

216 today...and Monday.

I finally beat my weekend habit of over indulgence and didn't gain weight this weekend...yay me, lol!

I also started my new job this week and have been training. The good thing about that is, well, I love my new job, lol. I'm learning so many things! Also, I'm having to find time to eat, rather than thinking about food all the time. They also have a fitness center that offers classes for free...but, one step at a time.

I hope everyone has a fabulous week!
PreciousMissy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 10:11 AM   #104  
Deal Witch

S/C/G: 262/see ticker/160

Height: 5'2"

Just a quick check in - I'm up a little from Saturday's weight of 205. I'm 206.2 today, which is just .2 down from last week. Hoping to see another woosh soon.

Have a good day everyone - on to the busy Black Friday season at work for me now - see you at the end of November. (just kidding, but it is that busy now at my work haha)
Llilith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 10:32 AM   #105  

The scale is a little up but better than yesterday. Weight went up to 218 on Tuesday, I think due to sodium levels and eating too many snacks. The snacks are whole grain and healthy but too much of a good thing. Today at 216.5 but hoping to be down by Saturday my weigh in day.

too wicky- I would not worry about the weight standing still. They say to be considered a plateau its has to stand still for 2 weeks. Do something different. How has the exercising been going? Get moving even if it is just 10 minutes more. When I don't see a loss I get out the tape measure and a lot of times it puts me in a better place.

Preciousmissy- So happy for you and the new job! A fitness center! Awesome benefits.

lillth- I expect it will be better next week. You are so close!!

Jenny- You have knowledge and you have had success. Why shouldn't people look to you for guidance! Realize you are becoming a role model to people. Keep it up.

bspring 3 - Welcome to the group! Hysterectomy is a big deal and major adjustments to your body. Don't let it get you frustrated.

Last edited by cleancowgirl; 11-06-2013 at 10:41 AM.