Old 05-23-2013, 10:45 AM   #46  
Living Intuitively

S/C/G: Heavy/Happy/Free

Height: 5'6"

Also- a lot of people picked a goal like yourself- 170...and once they hit that- they will lower the goal by 10 pounds, until they are satisfied with where they are at.

ETA: Oh- and are you using a super accurate scale to measure your body fat percentage?
I have a scale at home that has a fitness setting and a non-fitness setting. I thought...hey...I work out a lot, I must be fitness- and the numbers were all wonky. The non-fitness center matches what is at the weight loss center I go to.

Last edited by lunarsongbird; 05-23-2013 at 10:47 AM.
lunarsongbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 10:49 AM   #47  
Living Intuitively

You'll see that I also decided to pull off my ticker since my last post on Friday.

I'm just tired of tracking things. I just want to live a healthy life and my weight will follow. The weight loss might be a bit slower then if I was agressively dieting, but I have no doubt that I can maintain and enjoy this way of eating and fitness plan.

Last edited by lunarsongbird; 05-23-2013 at 10:50 AM.
Old 05-23-2013, 11:03 AM   #48  

S/C/G: 293/ticker/170

lunar thanks for your post And yep - I am sure my numbers are correct, they come directly out of my doctor's mouth once a month after he measures me and does all his little tests. Ultiamtely, I really don't care about the number on the scale, but how I feel overall. The number on the scale just gives me something tangible when I am feeling defeated. I can point at it and say, "SEE!! SEE! IT'S WORKING!!" So, I really am not too upset that I may need to throw my weight higher or lower. I actually am rather amuzed by it. Ultimately, I plan to play it by ear. My goal weight is flexible, hence I was easily able to change it without more than a few jokes, and when I hit it, nothing amazing is going to happen outside a sense of pride.
zoesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 11:39 AM   #49  
Living Intuitively

Your fat percentage is AWESOMEEEEEEE!
I'm still at 40% trying to get to around 23%.
Old 05-23-2013, 12:06 PM   #50  

S/C/G: 293/ticker/170

Thanks I chalk it up to the fact that I was a vegetarian most of my life and up until a car wreck that messed my left leg up pretty bad, I had been insanely active...rock climbing and backpack hiking every weekend 20+ miles and such. Even when I when I became sedetary, I was still much stronger than I appeared and was always the "go to" person for heavy lifting. I know when my doctor first did he thing, he double and triple checked it and got someone else to come measure me as well as it didn't make sense to him. Somewhere under my blubber and skin I had muscle down there. Since then, walking, jogging, running, and lifting weights has become my life. I've always been able to tone up quicker than my family and peers. I don't lose all the quickly, but I tone insanely fast and slim up even faster. For example, I have lost 50 pounds, but went from starting at a snug 3/4x to a pretty comfortable 1X and a size 28 pants to very loose 18's (16's aren't quite comfortable yet.) My mom, who weighs a good 40 pounds less than me is in a 2X and a size 20/22, and we share the same height and appear to share the same bone structure, so at least to me, it appears my younger habits helped. Never discussed it with my doctor, but it makes the most sense. Of course, it kind of stretches the whole "muscle memory" theory into pretty flakey territory, but none the less, that is my belief.
zoesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 01:59 AM   #51  

S/C/G: 165/149/125

I am stunned. I, too, am 5'6". I'm a Scottish-Canadian. More than that, I'm the pictish sort. Which means my family is kinda stocky. I'm 158lbs, and when I was last weighed by the doctor at 165lbs I was told I was obese, despite most of my mass being muscle.
I'm also an ice hockey player, waitress, and I have 2 large breed dogs that require long walks.
ArtThistle is offline   Reply With Quote