Old 03-31-2013, 03:09 PM   #16  
dirty labour daughter

S/C/G: 318/301/155

Height: 5'10"

March was a real struggle for me, and it showed on the scale - I only dropped 5.6 pounds this month when I expect to lose 10 or more. I'd also like to power through April, and I'm feeling very committed even though I'm also feeling pretty frustrated. I've made a commitment to exercise at least 300 minutes a week in the new April/May resolutions thread, so I'm hoping that will both improve my mood and kick my weight loss into a higher gear!
merilung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 11:13 PM   #17  
Started IP: Nov. 2, 2012

S/C/G: 326/Ticker/175

Height: 5'8''

March was an okay month for me. I lost weight, but had a couple weeks where I really didn't feel good.
April will be a change. I'm phasing off my diet and moving to healthy eating and exercise to lose the rest of my weight. I have so much energy now and I just want to get out and exercise! I am also starting a C25K challenge and will start hiking towards the end of the month. I'm hoping to be ready for a 5K color run in May!
Tziri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 12:31 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 245/ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

I lost 5 pounds in March. I'm happy with the 5, but am hoping for 8 or so in April. In April, I'll be focusing on water (see my water thread!), continuing 30 Day Shred, and *hopefully* starting C25k.
Vanessa M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 12:04 PM   #19  
Trying for normal

S/C/G: 253/ticker/175

Height: 5'5"

I don't have a weight loss goal for April per se. I want to continue with intuitive eating. I'd like to get below 220 - but this is like 2lbs away. Ideally I'd like to get there before April 15, my original goal. I want to eat a little less junk this month.

I want to start running again soon. I've had a foot injury. But I've been doing spin. I want to run a 10K in the middle of July, so I need to start training for that. I'd like to weigh 210 or less on race day.
AlmostMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 03:50 PM   #20  
One with the Wind and Sky

S/C/G: 360/246/150

Height: 5' 8"

I got through the entirety of March without a single Cadbury Creme Egg. I've certainly wanted one, but not enough to risk throwing my entire body out of whack over sparking unnecessary killer sugar cravings. I'm so proud! *sniff sniff*

I'm planning on continuing my low, laborious pace of one pound a week, give or take. With that I hope to be under 210 before April is over. And looking even further beyond, I hope to be under 200 before August. That's not so far away and will get me out of obesity and into the overweight category. I can so totally rock being overweight, I just know it.

My current plan is continuing to log my food and getting a quarter mile of jogging in every single night; I majorly slacked on the latter last month. I'm still avoiding added sugar while watching my portions on healthy, higher-quality food. Eating out has been a breeze; I haven't been tempted by my old favorites in ages.

The most difficult part of this whole thing right now is simply waiting for the results. I'm ok with eating right and doing the work, it just takes so freakin' long at this pace.
Elladorine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 04:31 PM   #21  

Height: 5'1

April is all about restarting for me. We now have longer evenings and getting slightly more warmer. Over the past 3 months, I've gained 12 lbs. Now it's time to get back moving and get back on track.

For April:
  • I have one event on the 11th. I don't know how it will effect me just yet. Depends if I want to have a drink or two which could add some weight.
  • Focus on my exercise more. Longer walks. Re-introduce weight lifting.
  • Keep track on my foods. In particular, my junk food, sweets and candy.
  • Drink at least 1 litre of water a day but try aim for more than 1 litre.
  • Been 140lbs for the last number of weeks. Aim to lose 3lbs this month. Small loss, but we will see how I do.
Dreamer2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 05:04 PM   #22  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elladorine View Post
I got through the entirety of March without a single Cadbury Creme Egg. I've certainly wanted one, but not enough to risk throwing my entire body out of whack over sparking unnecessary killer sugar cravings. I'm so proud! *sniff sniff*
We are awesome, I made it too!!!!!

There is no way we can eat one now, we are worth so much more than half-priced leftovers in the store.

I felt enormous relief after Christmas and Valentine's Day too not eating any tempting candy so now we are in the clear for more than a few months.

We did it, that means we can keep doing it!!!
elvislover324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 06:15 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 242/ticker/212

Height: 5'6

lunarsongbird, thanks for starting this thread. Since March was the 1st month of my do-over, I thought assessing how the month went would be really helpful during month number 2 and I'm glad there's a place for it!
So my 1st month back on 3fw and the healthy eating train, I lost 10 lbs. Which sounds excellent ....
Except I lost 9.2 of those 10 lbs the first 2 weeks and then spent the rest of the month yo-yoing between 238-241. I ended the month at 238 on Saturday but then promptly overate for the next 24 hours.
If I've learned one thing from March, its that my issues with food are a long way from being anywhere near resolved.
Also, as someone who's not a subscriber to 'the slow and steady wins the race' mentality of weight loss, I'm frustrated with myself that I only lost 10 lbs where I know I could've easily lost more this first month and started off with a bang. If I had done everything right and then only lost what I lost I'd have been ok but I know that I sabotaged myself a lot and I'm still not sure how to fix that. Overall, I would say I ate in my calorie range about half the month and probably had 8 or 9 binges. To me, this does not say someone who's making a lifestyle change or has even managed to put a dent in her bad habits.
On the bright side, I definitely met my gym goals this month. This month, I spun, I zumbaed, I ellipticalled and I even started the C25K. I love the gym and am starting to get that itchy feeling when I don't go for more than 2 or 3 days.

So that was March.

For April, my goal is to
1) really focus on my eating habits. I've decided to keep a cravings diary in which I write down exactly what is going thru my mind every time I get a really strong urge to binge. I'm hoping I'll start to see patterns and that the act of stopping to think about my feelings will allow me enough time to slow down and decide against it.
2) Lose 12-14 lbs. I want this bad!! More than that, I want to be out of the 230s finally instead of just hovering at the tip of bouncing back into the 240s.
3) Believe it or not, I want to cut back on my gym time. I think I use the gym like a crutch to allow me to overeat and my goal is to remove that crutch. I want to do the C25K 3 days a week with a day of zumba for fun and that's it.
4)Stop avoiding 3FC when I have a bad day out of shame and guilt. It never helps.
foreverfaye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 06:44 PM   #24  
Living Intuitively

S/C/G: Heavy/Happy/Free

Height: 5'6"

It sounds like everyone had a lovely March! I lost nearly 10 pounds, which I'm really pleased with.

I would LOVE to hit ONEderland in April, but I don't want to put too much pressure on myself, which is why there is a very zen "lunar" on my ticker. I WILL get there. And I WILL keep moving forward.

On Thursday I fly out to Chicago for a couple days. I'd like to eat some traditional foods from Chicago, but I'm also planning on walking quite a bit. I'd like to be at 211 on Saturday.

Come Saturday, April 6th- I want to really hit the pavement hard.
I'd like to see something like this:
April 6: 211
April 13: 207
April 20: 203
April 27: 199

Haha. One can hope, right? Gotta put that positive energy into the universe.

I think this month I really need to meditate quite a bit on my health. I'm also really wanting to focus on intuitive eating.
lunarsongbird is offline   Reply With Quote