Closed Thread

Old 05-16-2003, 10:26 AM   #16  
Losin It For GOOD!

woo hoo! YOU GUYS KICK BUTT!!

Way to go!!
Old 05-16-2003, 12:42 PM   #17  

Wow! I am so totally impressed! Mthrgoos68, that is very low calories but it seems like a fair amount of food. You have chosen some healthy food items in your menu. What is a Pria bar though? I don't think I have ever heard of them.

Jo, what an accomplishment you have made! I agree with Shiela in that you are 100 pounds less and in such better shape. Had you not started on the plan you could have been gaining instead of loosing. Your diet sounds very healthy. Are you diabetic or are you just following that plan?

Great job to both of you! Now I have to go to the picture thread to see if you have both posted progress pictures.
Old 05-16-2003, 12:46 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 302/179/170

Height: 5'6"

wow, so awesome!! can't wait till i'm there (or almost there, my goal will put me at 96 lost, ha)
Old 05-16-2003, 07:15 PM   #19  

WOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOO

I AM SO PROUD of YOU BOTH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-16-2003, 08:30 PM   #20  

karefree2, the Pria bars are made by PowerBar and they're really great. I've never had a PowerBar, so I don't know if they taste like the PowerBars, but they taste like a candy bar to me and they only have 110 calories. They also have quite a few vitamins so it quenches my craving for a dessert and also gives me some more of the vitamins I need each day. My favories are the Caramel Creme Crisp, French Vanilla, and Double Chocolate.

No, I didn't do anything to celebrate. My husband wanted to go out to eat to celebrate and I definitely didn't want to do that!! Just knowing that I've hit the 100 pounds and being able to fit into smaller clothes is enough celebration!

Thanks again everyone for the praise, encouragment, and support.
Old 05-17-2003, 10:16 AM   #21  
Searching

Congratulations ladies!

Miss Chris
Old 05-18-2003, 09:21 AM   #22  
New Mommy!!

Congrats Ladies!!!
Keep up the good work..

Derby
Old 05-18-2003, 10:27 PM   #23  

Mthrgoose....I'm amazed at how much you lost so quickly. I've hit a plateau recently. Seems like I lost 30 lbs quicker than I'm losing the last 10 I've been working on. Anyway, I've decided to try your menu for a week just to get a jumpstart again. Went out and bought Pria bars last nite. I got the French Vanilla and they're really good. I dont want to keep my calories that low for an extended period of time but just going to do it from now til my weigh-in Friday morning. I've also added a One-a-Day supplement to make sure I'm getting vitamins and minerals I need. I'll let you know how it works for me. Once again, way to go on your loss!! Keep up the great work!

MIKI
Old 05-19-2003, 08:46 AM   #24  

Thanks for the info on the Pria Bars. I will have to look for them. They would be great to keep in your purse or car when you get a snack attack and all those fast food places are calling your name.
Old 05-19-2003, 04:55 PM   #25  

Amazing! Thanks for being an inspiration to the rest of us.
Old 05-19-2003, 04:58 PM   #26  

Miki,

I'm anxious to hear how it goes for you.

The Pria bars I've found are usually cheapest at Wal-Mart. I get them for 63 cents each at Wal-Mart. They have them at Sam's Club too, but I don't like all the flavors that come in the case at Sam's Club.

Be sure to keep us posted!!
Old 05-19-2003, 10:25 PM   #27  

Well, so far so good with my new plan of eating this week, but I have to admit I had a little help staying on track! Had my yogurt for breakfast, then since I went into work at 10 a.m., I had my banana soon after getting there. I had planned to eat my Healthy Choice dinner at noon but ended up otherwise occupied. I work at a bank and on Mondays, I work at the small branch which is located inside of Brookshires, a grocery store, rather than the main bank. Around 10:55 a.m., two black guys come to my window and one asks me to cash a check for him. I gave it back and said I couldnt because it was an out-of-state check. I did say that I could cash it only if he had an account with us with funds enough in it to cover the check in case it was returned. He turns to his friends and asks.."What are we going to do". At that second, his friend reaches across the counter and grabs a handful of money right out of the hand of Debbie, who is working next to me. I couldnt believe it!! They took off running, I was yelling for someone to stop them. They grocery store manager and the produce guy took off after them on foot then in vehicles. The cops eventually caught them 2 hrs later. Found out their car was stolen from a correction facility guard in St. Louis, MO plus they had drugs on them. Have no idea why they were in Arkansas. We got the $500 back that they had grabbed. By the time the FBI, police, etc had come and taken our statements, dusted for finger prints, and finished all that, it was 3:30! I finally was able to eat lunch. What a way to stay on track.. Anyway, tonite I had my chicken breast with a little sauted squash on the side in place of the saurkraut or lettuce. Hopefully tomorrow will be a little calmer but I'm going to try to eat as well then too.

How was everyone else's day..

MIKI
Old 05-19-2003, 11:23 PM   #28  
Gonna fly now!

S/C/G: 280/280/150

Height: 5'6

Man, do you guys ever R O C K ! ! !

Can't wait till I'm right there with ya! Way to go! ! !
Old 05-20-2003, 07:51 AM   #29  

GEEZ Miki, what a way to stay OP!!! I'm glad you're okay and I hope that today is a little calmer for you. Keep up the great work!!

irishwings- You're making great progress and should be really proud of yourself too.
Old 05-20-2003, 09:19 PM   #30  

Definitely a calmer day...took the day off.. Still doing pretty well with my eating and walked 3 miles with my sis this morning at 7:30 a.m. Anxious for weigh-in day. (Fri)
Closed Thread