3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Support Groups > 100 lb. Club

Hello

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-09-2012, 02:18 AM   #1
Junior Member
 
MyNameIsJustine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: British Columbia, Canada
Posts: 7

S/C/G: 276/233/146

Height: 5'4 1/2''

Default Hello

Hi there, nice to meet you guys, I'm Justine.
I've been trying to lose weight for a while now. I've lost 40 pounds so far, but I still have a long way to go. My motivation has dwindled, so I decided to try online support. Anyone have any tips to help with loss of motivation?
MyNameIsJustine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 02:57 AM   #2
On a break with Baby #5
 
Arctic Mama's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Alaska
Posts: 3,754

S/C/G: 257 /ticker/ 160

Height: 5'3" - I got taller!

Default

Welcome Justine!

Online support is excellent, 3FC is chock full of friendly, helpful people and tons of diet ideas. Stick around and you're sure to pick up something helpful for your situation.
__________________
Taryl - http://www.aurorafiberarts.com/weightloss

Weight loss since Oct 2008:
Arctic Mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 03:12 AM   #3
This time, it's forever..
 
melodymist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 631

S/C/G: 187/154/120

Height: 5'6

Default

Hi Justine!

Wow!!!!! Congratulations on your weightloss so far, what a big loss! 3FC is full of online support and info but the best tip I can give you is, that losing weight is a lifestyle change. Good luck!
__________________


"My body is God's temple. I will be a good steward of what He gave me. "


Gained 30 pounds in 2013. Time to lose it again for 2014!
melodymist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 06:13 AM   #4
Mini Goal 4- 169lbs
 
toastedsmoke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Africa
Posts: 1,317

S/C/G: 275/170/165

Height: 5'7

Default

Welcome Justine. Well done on your weight loss achievement so far!!! Congrats!!! How have you done it?! 3FC is awesome. I joined 40lbs into my journey too when I'd lost motivation too and kind of stalled. So I totally understand.

The biggest thing I've learned about motivation is that it's temporary. Your plan has to become such a part of your life that you keep on keeping on even when you don't feel like because it's a lifestyle thing. Commit to 3 months on plan, just 3 months; tell yourself that after 3 months, if you're not happy, you never have to do it again. I guarantee that you'll never regret 3 months on plan. And then after 3 months, you can celebrate, re-evaluate and make another commitment.

One thing I've found helped to make me stay encouraged is mini-goals. Whether these were to do with health or fitness, they're sooooo helpful. Make them super small, even 5lbs or less for a weight goal, or walking/jogging a mile or half a mile. Join a challenge here on 3FC, post here daily to keep you honest. I'm telling you, these things help. You've done sooooo well so far, certainly too well to give up and go back. You can totally do this and beat any statistic that says you'll give up!
__________________
Original start/HW: Jan 2009: 275lb; 3FC Start Weight: July 19, 2009: 257lb; Record Low Weight: Oct 21, 2012: 152lb
Losing the Regain- Jul 2014- Jul 2015

Overall Weight Loss
toastedsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 02:23 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
junebug44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 207

S/C/G: 292/265/180

Height: 6'

Default

Welcome Justine! I'm pretty new around here too, but have found 3FC so helpful and inspiring. CONGRATS on your success already!
junebug44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 02:39 PM   #6
I CAN DO IT
 
Ky30's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: NC
Posts: 398

S/C/G: 290/283/150

Height: 5'4"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyNameIsJustine View Post
Hi there, nice to meet you guys, I'm Justine.
I've been trying to lose weight for a while now. I've lost 40 pounds so far, but I still have a long way to go. My motivation has dwindled, so I decided to try online support. Anyone have any tips to help with loss of motivation?
WELCOME glad you decided to join us. I know what helps me is joining challenges here in the forum it keeps me going.
__________________
GOALS
270-
250
230-
210-
190-
170
150-

Ky30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 02:57 PM   #7
science nerd
 
shadowclaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Northeastern Pennsylvania
Posts: 158

S/C/G: 302/ticker/151

Height: 5'8"

Default

Welcome! Something I've found about motivation is that it comes and goes whenever it feels like it. There have been times where I'd be so motivated for several weeks, and then I'd lose it, but then I'd find myself motivation again a few weeks later.

I've found that when I lose motivation, I need some sort of stimulus or inspiration to get me back in gear. Looking at cute dresses in catalogs, or the racy lingerie at Victoria's Secret, or knee-high boots often gets me motivated. Also, wanting to be able to do some sort of physical activity helps with motivation. For example, I want to go on a multi-day hiking trip through hilly terrain, but I won't be able to do it if I sit around and be lazy all spring and summer. I also want to start Hoop Dancing, so I'm going to need to be active in order to do it right.

Sometimes gaining a few pounds motivates me to get back in gear. There's nothing worse than back-tracking!

I also recommend taking part in a challenge. Find a friend who wants to lose weight with you, or find a challenge here on 3FC. A sense of competition can really help with the motivation.
__________________
shadowclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 09:50 PM   #8
Junior Member
 
MyNameIsJustine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: British Columbia, Canada
Posts: 7

S/C/G: 276/233/146

Height: 5'4 1/2''

Default

Thanks for the welcome!
MyNameIsJustine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 09:50 PM   #9
Junior Member
 
MyNameIsJustine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: British Columbia, Canada
Posts: 7

S/C/G: 276/233/146

Height: 5'4 1/2''

Default

Thank you!
MyNameIsJustine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 09:54 PM   #10
Junior Member
 
MyNameIsJustine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: British Columbia, Canada
Posts: 7

S/C/G: 276/233/146

Height: 5'4 1/2''

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by toastedsmoke View Post
Welcome Justine. Well done on your weight loss achievement so far!!! Congrats!!! How have you done it?! 3FC is awesome. I joined 40lbs into my journey too when I'd lost motivation too and kind of stalled. So I totally understand.

The biggest thing I've learned about motivation is that it's temporary. Your plan has to become such a part of your life that you keep on keeping on even when you don't feel like because it's a lifestyle thing. Commit to 3 months on plan, just 3 months; tell yourself that after 3 months, if you're not happy, you never have to do it again. I guarantee that you'll never regret 3 months on plan. And then after 3 months, you can celebrate, re-evaluate and make another commitment.

One thing I've found helped to make me stay encouraged is mini-goals. Whether these were to do with health or fitness, they're sooooo helpful. Make them super small, even 5lbs or less for a weight goal, or walking/jogging a mile or half a mile. Join a challenge here on 3FC, post here daily to keep you honest. I'm telling you, these things help. You've done sooooo well so far, certainly too well to give up and go back. You can totally do this and beat any statistic that says you'll give up!
I've been losing weight through weightwatchers. I've been going since November 2010...so it's been really slow. I know it's good to lose weight slowly, but it's a bit too slow for my liking.

I'll try that 3 months commitment. Hopefully I can keep on it for 3 months. I'll try my best. I'll try a challenge too. Thanks for the encouragement and advice!
MyNameIsJustine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 09:55 PM   #11
Junior Member
 
MyNameIsJustine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: British Columbia, Canada
Posts: 7

S/C/G: 276/233/146

Height: 5'4 1/2''

Default

Thanks for welcoming me!
MyNameIsJustine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 09:58 PM   #12
Junior Member
 
MyNameIsJustine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: British Columbia, Canada
Posts: 7

S/C/G: 276/233/146

Height: 5'4 1/2''

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowclaw View Post
Welcome! Something I've found about motivation is that it comes and goes whenever it feels like it. There have been times where I'd be so motivated for several weeks, and then I'd lose it, but then I'd find myself motivation again a few weeks later.

I've found that when I lose motivation, I need some sort of stimulus or inspiration to get me back in gear. Looking at cute dresses in catalogs, or the racy lingerie at Victoria's Secret, or knee-high boots often gets me motivated. Also, wanting to be able to do some sort of physical activity helps with motivation. For example, I want to go on a multi-day hiking trip through hilly terrain, but I won't be able to do it if I sit around and be lazy all spring and summer. I also want to start Hoop Dancing, so I'm going to need to be active in order to do it right.

Sometimes gaining a few pounds motivates me to get back in gear. There's nothing worse than back-tracking!

I also recommend taking part in a challenge. Find a friend who wants to lose weight with you, or find a challenge here on 3FC. A sense of competition can really help with the motivation.
Yeah, my motivation has been missing for a few months now. I'll try looking at cute cloths for motivation. I've never tried that. My physical activity goal is to learn how to dance. I know I could start now, but I want to be comfortable with my body first. Thanks for the advice, I really appreciate it!
MyNameIsJustine is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Hello, I'm......... Sarah Ann UK Fat Chicks 718 05-19-2007 09:48 AM
Hello from lots of fat chicks in UK #22 veggie UK Fat Chicks 358 01-29-2005 08:07 PM
Hello from lots of fat chicks in England 17 Smiling Sal UK Fat Chicks 551 07-25-2003 06:18 AM
Hello From One Fat Chick In England #15 veggie UK Fat Chicks 395 10-16-2002 06:02 PM
Hello From One Fat Chick In England #14 veggie UK Fat Chicks 471 06-21-2002 09:15 AM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:53 AM.






Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.3.2