Old 03-10-2012, 06:56 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

Hi folks.. I am back from my trip and ready to be back in my food comfort zone. I am making a plan for today and writing it down in my journal.

MJ - glad your surgery went well.

I'll be back.
Beverlyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 07:04 AM   #17  
mj5

S/C/G: 299/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4''

Hi everyone! I have been resting and recovering. Pretty much sleeping a LOT! But...it's what my body needed to recover, so that's what I did.

Kitcherella--CONGRATS on the loss, Happy early Anniversary, AND YEA for picking a day to quit smoking! Lots of great stuff!!! Thank you. I have been recovering well...sleeping a LOT, but it's what I needed, so that's what I did.

Auty--That is great progress! I'm sure your doctor is thrilled with everthing you are doing! Great job w/ the c25k! I have actually started doing a few running inervals during my long walks (I have a bad knee that has always prevented me from running...but I honestly hadn't tried it since I lost weight and strengthening. It has ben ok, so far. I do need to check w/ my doctor before I take it any further, but I at least wanted to be able to tell him if I thought it would work or not I love it when clothes get too big....it gets expensive, but....such a great feeling!

Beverlyjoy--How was your trip? Always nice to go....but always nice to come home. At least it is for me Thank you my friend!

Today I am running a few short errands, meeting a friend for coffee, then a 90 min aromatherapy massage....ahhhh, can't wait!!! THEN after a nap, I am having tea "with" my best friend. She sent me the nicest card! She moved away earlier this year. I miss her terribly. We talk on the phone often, of course. Well, the card she sent was super sweet! It contained a tea bag and nice note telling me to call her when I was feeling better, so we could have tea "together".

Have a wonderful day everyone!

Last edited by mj5; 03-10-2012 at 07:05 AM.
mj5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 06:35 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 276/283/278/170

Height: 5'6

Hi all!

First of all, everyone who is doing c25k: Congratulations! That program is amazing. I look forward to trying it once i hit 210-190 or so.

mj5:
I love doing things like that! I moved away from my best friend when I was little, but we are still besties today because we talk all the time. Long distance friendships are the best!
Also, you do kickboxing? How is that? Do you consider it more aerobic, or toning? How much is the gym, and what are the classes like?

Auty CONGRATS ON THE PROGRESS!! And thanks for the picture. I am beginning to think, more and more, that I need to move somewhere where it snows. It is so beautiful! What breed is your buddy there?

Kitcherella, good luck on quitting smoking! With all the progress you have made since January, it's clear that you have the drive to do it.

I finally bought a scale, so today was my official starting weight: 276.9. I was sad, because I had hoped that 270 was a high guesstimate. But in the end, I felt really motivated. Because my sister weighed herself too, and got an ERROR. It was a weight watchers scale, capacity up to 400 lbs, and we got it thinking she would weigh in at about 360. I am doing this for her, for the next few months that we will still be living together. And although she was upset, she just tried to put it out of her mind & asked me to heat up the last of the asparagus soup with some brown rice. So I think she is motivated too.

Oh, the other thing- exercise . To put it simply, working out at a gym is just not something I am ready for. I wouldn't be able to maintain it, because I would hate to bus there, hate to be there with other people, and hate to bus home. So, for now, I am just trying to be more active in my own life (take my dog on a walk around the block twice a day, get off the bus a stop early and walk home, clean and cook around the house...).

My first exercise goal is to start biking. But I am scared to go buy one, because last time I got on a bike, I could hardly make it 3 blocks-- and that was around 220! But biking is the most maintainable exercise I can think of, because it would save me from riding the bus. When I was in high school and maintained around 180, the only exercise I did was to walk 2-3 times a week for 2 miles to get home, and the only reason I did it was that it was faster and more comfortable than waiting for the bus.

Does anyone know of a c25k kind of thing for biking? I would love to have a program to follow.

Last edited by charzhazha; 03-10-2012 at 10:35 PM.
charzhazha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 07:04 PM   #19  
Workin' towards success!

S/C/G: 278/Ticker/145

Height: 5'4

I am finally getting closer to the 260's yesterday though I was closer then ever just to have it jump back up into the 270's (not far though) again. I just gotta keep going to get there.

charzhazha - I know what you mean and feel the same way about the gym. I'm just not that type of person I guess. I kinda silly about it we live down a quiet street there are only about two houses that I pass when I walk/jog, that is mine and my mom's house. When I do go out to exercise I make sure that there is nobody coming in to her house for a visit or to work and if they are I wait until they leave. If that doesn't work I usually jump on the Wii Fit Plus to workout instead. I guess I'm just a private person I hate people watching me while I exercise.

mj5 - Hopefully you'll be up and at 'em' soon.

Auty - Love those mountain tops in the background of you picture. I've always wanted to live where is snows and is in the mountains. But unfortunately I stuck in Florida. Good job on your first run. I'm doing a walking/jogging routine as well as mixing up the workouts.

Beverlyjoy
- Good luck putting together your plan.

Kitcherella
- Happy Anniversary and good luck on quitting smoking.
Jinxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 10:31 AM   #20  
mj5

Hi everyone! It is going to be beautiful here today...60's...in March in NY! Awesome. I am going for a walk with my sil and hopefully a cousin will join us as well. I have to go easy, but it will feel good to get out and do something!

charzhazha--That is SO cool! I miss her like crazy, but we do talk, facebook, etc a lot. We missed each other yesterday, but we'll catch up today I LOVE LOVE LOVE kickboxing. When my trainer suggested it, I thought he was insane. Seriously. That was in August. But, everything else worked, so I figured why not...The classes I go to are taught by a woman who also trains in MMA fighting and boxing (she hopes to go pro in women's boxing!), so our classes are amazing! Aerobic, toning, an awesome full body workout. Every single class is different and she focuses on different things each time. We start w/ a quick warm up...could be shadow boxing or a light jog, sit ups, push ups...things like that. Then we get out the heavy bags and put our gloves on. That is my absolute favorite part! We do a lot of boxing drills...focusing on technique first...then working on speed and power. We also do a lot of lower body work (kicking...again working on technique first...then power and speed). Unfortunately, my gym doesn't offer it..I go to a separate school for my classes, but I was lucky enough to find an absolutely amazing place. As far as cost, well, I buy a "package" of classes, so I think it works out to about $8/class and worth every penny as far as I am concerned. I am completely exhausted, yet completely energized at the same time when class is over. Definitely check it out! If you aren't comfortable at a gym yet, don't do it. It won't work if you don't go. Definitely find ways to be more active. Get a bike if that is something you used to enjoy. So what if you can only make it 1 block for now. Start with what you can do and increase it from there. I'm not familiar w/ a bike program, but I'd be willing to bet there is one.

Jinxy--Keep at it, you'll get there! The scale is all over the place for me right now too. Thanks!

Have a great day!
Old 03-12-2012, 04:04 PM   #21  
Auty

S/C/G: 300/252/160

Height: 5'2

Saturday I was 261 and today I am 262, trying not to think to much about it because I know the scale is going to go back and forth and I am really just hoping that this is because of my monthly finally showing up (still normal this time thank goodness).

Not much new going on, still doing the c25k every day. I do it differently than the program calls because of my weight and on doctor recommendations. I do every workout 2 times instead of just once before moving on to protect my body from doing to much to fast and I also do it everyday which was important for me so that I wouldn't fall off the wagon. I am on workout 9 today and its the one where I do a 5 min warm up, jog for 1:30 then walk for 1:30 jog for 3 min and then repeat. Other than weight-loss I am really noticing that it is getting easier for me to jog for longer periods of time and my heart rate is decreasing, especially my resting heart-rate.

mj5- I am refusing to buy new clothes until I get to 200lbs or below. I have some old clothes that I can "shrink" back into and then I have some that I can take in. Trying to cut costs where-ever I can! Thank goodness I know how to sew, clothes are so expensive! I hope that you are able to get your knee cleared! I really wanted to do the c25k program but I am glad I got it cleared with my doctor first, it was worth that extra step because the last thing I want is an injury that could prevent me from exercising. I wish it would get in the 60's here, its -4 and there is 5 feet of snow on the ground and we have another month and a half before it starts to get warmer.
charzhazha- my buddy is a bearded collie that we adopted as a puppy, I also have a malti-poo but she was walking with my husband who was taking the pictures I love Alaska and I do love the snow I just wish it didnt last 8 months of the year. I had a gym membership at one point but the gym was just to far away, and I was lucky enough that my mom was able to find me the essential gym equipment for free so now I exercise at home. I dont know if there is a c25k program for a bike but I bet you could make a program or find one! You could work it like the c25k and start small and slow and work your way up with a goal.
Jinxy- I could really use some Florida sunshine right about now! Keep up with good work, I really believe attitude is a huge part of it!

I hope everyone has a good day!
Auty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 07:59 PM   #22  
mj5

Hi everyone! Just popping in quick. Getting back to work has tired me out! Phew!!! I am trying to ease back into things, but.....yea, not doing so well..I am ready for the weekend already!

Hope you are all doing well!
Old 03-15-2012, 12:57 PM   #23  

Yesterday was mostly healthy. I did some gardenning. What was I thinking?? (I wasn't) It made my hernia surgery ache. I panicked and ate extra. Today it feels OK. I must remind my self to be more careful.

Today I went to the store and got lots of healthy foods. I am trying foods a little more spicy. My goal is to be able to eat a friend's recipe for Pumpkin Soup. I've been thinking about making it a long time.. but - I think I am getting closer to being able to eat it.

Yesterday - I logged/measured/planned my food (until I ate extra in the evening) Drank lots of water. Did my exercises. I had no seconds. All in all it was a descent 'start again' day.

Today I am off to a good start.

MJ - I hope you are mostly recovered from your surgery.
Old 03-16-2012, 04:18 AM   #24  
pick your hard

S/C/G: 240/192/145

Hello all,

All is well here. I am on day 5 of not smoking. So far so good. Thank you for your support. My sense of smell is already improving. I haven't stuffed myself as other people claim to do. It might be attributed to the fact that I am super busy this week.
The situation in my house was bad enough with all the post-its with messages about weight loss like I CAN DO IT and ? kilos lost, now I have a few that say ? DAYS SMOKE-FREE, I DO NOT NEED TO SMOKE and a huge sign I painted that says PURE WILLPOWER. My husband adds to them by writing I love you or I believe in you, bless him. Soon we’ll be snowed under post its. Have you got an urge to eat (smoke)? Write a post-it to yourself.
I made a spinach/onion/dill pie thing which turned out great. Mix the veggies with a couple of eggs and a little bit of flour, a tiny bit of grated cheese, season and bake. Next time I am baking it in a muffin tray for cuteness reasons. I had it for dinner and breakfast just now

Auty – Awesome picture! You should use it as wallpaper (I would add an inspiring quote). Glad you had good results, and bravo for the c25k progress!
Charzhazha - be as active as you can and be comfortable, walking is great, clears the mind too
mj5 – how lovely to have tea with your friend! I hope all is well, get as much rest as you can
Jinxy – you are doing it, you are so close
Beverlyjoy - pumpkin soup yummy,

I'd like to share a song with you. It was first recorded in 1919 (wow approaching 100) - I just love it, It is a football anthem in the UK but I don't really care about that - I find it super cute
<3 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJLMc...eature=related
I hope you like it too

“People rarely succeed unless they have fun in what they are doing.”
Dale Carnegie
Kitcherella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 05:57 AM   #25  
mj5

Hi everyone! Hope you are all doing well. I am mostly recovered...still working on getting my stamina back, but getting better.

Today marks one year since I started working with my trainer. Incredible. When I started, I wasn't sure I would get through the first 4 weeks! We did my measurements and compared them to last year...I have lost a total of 56 3/4" (so far). I'll have updated comparison pics soon to share.

I'll catch up with everyone this weekend. Like I said...still working on my stamina, so I've been trying to get to bed early which means not a lot of check in time.

Have a great day!
Old 03-16-2012, 09:19 PM   #26  

yesterday was a mostly healthful day. I accomplished many of my goals. I woke up in the middle of the night with an awful stomach ache. I ate some unplanned crackers - it helped. (along with Maalox and Pepto). I ate raw apples yesterday... I don't think I am ready for that, I guesss. Sigh.

I did my journalling yesterday, lots of water, planned/measured/logged food, always left a bite, worked on slowing down & tasting the food, tried to 'feel' the food in my stomach, read my cards, stretches & strengthening and more.

Need to work on fork down between each bite, eat sitting only, giving credit, using my resistance techniques and more.

Have a GREAT weekend.
Old 03-16-2012, 10:28 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 285/249.6/175

Height: 5'7"

So Zumba has become my new addiction... LOL! I think I can live with that, it was only my second time taking the class today but it was so much fun, I almost went back again for the evening class but my hubby was running late and he was using my car! Oh well always next week!
suzukigurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 09:51 AM   #28  
mj5

Hi everyone! I cannot believe the weather around here right now! 75 in NY in March??? Yesterday I made a quick stop at the mall and Marshall's to get some capris. I didn't have any from last year that would even come close to fitting (in the BEST possible way of course).

I am really sore from kickboxing the past two days. Really glad that today is my rest day. I need to stretch and drink lots of water. I am going to study, too...hmmmm, maybe I can use that to study....name MJ's sore muscles, hahaha!

Beverlyjoy--Oh, dear, hope you are feeling better!

suzukigurl--YEA!!! Another Zumba addict! I love that it is so much fun you hardly realize you are working as hard as you are!

Auty--Great job w/ the smoking! How sweet of your husband to add to your notes

Have a great day everyone!
Old 03-19-2012, 03:56 AM   #29  
pick your hard

S/C/G: 240/192/145

Good morning people!

One week smoke-free, 2lb down (and 10% of original weight lost) and managed to do alright last week (very hectic). A pat on the back for me
I hope everybody is still going strong.
No matter how long the winter, spring is sure to follow. ~Proverb

Have a great week!

Last edited by Kitcherella; 03-19-2012 at 03:56 AM.
Kitcherella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 06:05 AM   #30  
Auty

S/C/G: 300/252/160

Height: 5'2

Just checking in, been extremely busy the last week or so. With all the solar flares the aurora has been high so that means all nighters in 0 degree weather for this girlie getting pictures.

I am still doing the C25K, and have only taken one day off (yesterday), which made me miserable, it was not a good day at all. Other than the one day it has been going well and I am impressed with how I am feeling, it has also saved my life! I was walking on a coastal trail with my husband on Friday and we went around a sharp corner and ran smack into a huge Mama moose and her baby, and none of us were pleased especially the Mama! I hightailed it out of there as fast as I could and was able to get a good and safe distance before running out of breath!

Lots of new foods that I am really enjoying, and once I have a full nights worth of sleep I will post more about it, I hope that everyone else is having a super awesome week!

mj5- I think you mean Kitcherella? Who is doing amazing with the smoking I may add! Good Job and Keep it up, that is a huge accomplishment! Also I am glad you are feeling better!
Beverlyjoy- I really like that fork down after every bite! I think I will try that. My husband and I have actually been playing cards during meal time to make the meal last "longer".
suzukigurl- I hear Zumba is awesome, maybe one day I will get to try it!
Auty is offline   Reply With Quote