I've had my Bodybugg for about 7 weeks, and have been using it faithfully.
I bought the v3 that included the wrist band display, and a one year online membership.
Though I'm finding it useful, it hasn't lived up to my expectations, and I would not recommend it for the following reasons:
- Activity registered is mostly walking. It virtually ignores my resistance training.
- The website is static. It seems to have been set up and forgotten. They've closed down the community forum, and provide a link to a useless Facebook page.
- They promise a personal trainer/coach will contact you to answer questions, but it didn't happen for me.
- The website is quirky. It logs me out regularly, sometimes within seconds of logging in. Logging in food items can be torture sometimes, and won't let me edit quantities. It crashes my computer when logging in weight. (My computer and software matches their set requirements.)
- The armband becomes quite irritating, as does the wristband.
I don't know if getting a BodyMediaFit would be better. It's the same device with a different Web interface. It's a bit more expensive, and some models supposedly register sleep activity. It might still favor walking over other types of activity, however.
Having a gadget is fun, though. And I do like to check the steps, and activity registered. Even though I question its accuracy, at least I can compare it from day to day.
Next time I have extra money to throw around, I'll try a FitBit, which doesn't promise as much, is less expensive, and connects with free online sites.