Old 10-26-2011, 03:41 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 278/see ticker/150

Height: 5'4

Default Blogging for Beginners....some questions

So, I'd like to start a blog, but I have zero clue on how or where to start.

What is a good beginner blog site?

For the time being, can I keep it totally quiet, and not viewable to anyone? Kind of like my own personal diary, on the internet.

If and when I feel like sharing it, can I only share certain things? Or keep things I want hidden, hidden? Or is it an all or nothing thing?
Smiling_Sara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 09:15 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 278/see ticker/168

Height: 5'6"

Blogger is good

It's free and easy to use. You can set it to private or by invitation only, and make it public later if you choose. I am not sure you can make some private/some public... but you CAN have two blogs, one personal and one public.

Last edited by Lyn2007; 10-28-2011 at 09:15 PM.
Lyn2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 12:09 PM   #3  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

Yes, I like blogger.com as well. It can be set to be totally private and then you can open it up later, if you want. And even once you make it public, you can make it not searchable so that only people that you choose to share it with can see it. As you get started feel free to PM me with any questions, I'd be glad to help.
Sandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 11:52 AM   #4  

I've set up a blogger one and a tumblr one. Is it strange to have two with the same focus? Health and fitness?

Also, was anyone else scared to make their first entry? I don't know why, but I'm really shy making this first entry.
Old 02-12-2012, 12:38 PM   #5  
Starting over...again!

S/C/G: 298.4/see ticker/135

Height: 5'5"

I also use Blogger. It's super easy to use!
HealthyMeWannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 02:39 PM   #6  
hot. like a curry.

S/C/G: 308/248/150ish

Height: 5'4"

I've had blogs on and off for years (since back when they were called "online journals" ) and my most constructive advice to you to get over the nerves is to just write for yourself. Don't think about writing well or what you're sharing or catering to an audience. Just write, and write from your heart.

For me, writing is one of the most cathartic things in the world. It's a way to get it all out, it's something to look back on and see how far you've come or where you still need to go. It's my brain dump and my sanity.

Just relax and start typing. You'll be amazed at all the awesome things that come from that simple beginning.
gloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 02:44 PM   #7  
PCOS/IR/Hypothyroid

Height: 5'8"

I use wordpress.com

Then when I write the post just set it to public, private, or password. In the past I'd used blogger.

A.
astrophe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 02:56 PM   #8  
Goal is health

S/C/G: 238.8/176.1/163

Height: 5'8"

I just don't keep up with blogging. I've created several blogs since they gained popularity, but over time, I would stop. I use the one on my weight watchers from time to time, and haven't updated my 3fc one for a long time. I guess I need to start back, but I get tired of spammers.
DrivenByAmbition is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 08:31 PM   #9  

Quote:
Originally Posted by gloo View Post
I've had blogs on and off for years (since back when they were called "online journals" ) and my most constructive advice to you to get over the nerves is to just write for yourself. Don't think about writing well or what you're sharing or catering to an audience. Just write, and write from your heart.

For me, writing is one of the most cathartic things in the world. It's a way to get it all out, it's something to look back on and see how far you've come or where you still need to go. It's my brain dump and my sanity.

Just relax and start typing. You'll be amazed at all the awesome things that come from that simple beginning.
Thank you. I needed to hear this.