Old 01-21-2012, 03:27 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 227/ticker/146

Height: 5ft 3in

Once a week, Thursday. If I do it daily I get discouraged, I only count Thursday's weight
Crawlil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 04:54 PM   #32  
science nerd

S/C/G: 302/ticker/151

Height: 5'8"

I like to check my weight daily, just because I want some motivation. My scale measures to the tenth of a pound, so I can see even small changes in my weight. That said, I only "officially" weigh in once a week. Sometimes my weight might go up one day from whatever, so I don't record day to day changes. I like to do my official weigh in on the weekend (usually Sunday), and that's what I record as my official weight for the end of the week and update my MFP and my ticker.
shadowclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 01:13 AM   #33  

S/C/G: 234.5/224/155(135 dream goal)

Height: 5 6

lots of great reasoning here. I think once a week is actually great - cause if the scale isn't generally going down week after week, then you know something's the matter.
But I like to weigh every day each morning, just in order to establish patterns and understand my own body. Eat a little too much last night? Scale will probably not show a loss. Just had a period? Same thing.
Weighing daily helps keep me honest. If the scale is inching back up, I need to understand why and whether it is an normal perfectly ok reason, or whether it is because I am doing something wrong in which case I would have to make an instant correction.
having said that, I try to watch the overall week trend. SO if I had a sunday start, I would especially note the weight every sunday and compare to previous week as official pound loss for that week.
That's kinda how I've done it before, and how I am more than likely going to do it now also. So far, have not been able to keep off the scale for a daily check.
facingfacts12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 03:13 AM   #34  

S/C/G: 280-->150

Height: 5'7"

For the first two years I tried to weigh in daily, because it was the best way to keep myself focused on what I was doing. But lately I've been playing it by ear. If I feel being aware will help, I weigh daily. If I think playing attention to the scale is making me anxious, waiting for progress, then I weigh in only on Sundays.
Jo Kittibuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 04:16 PM   #35  
Getting started

S/C/G: 260/tricker/159

Height: 5' 7''

I have found that control helps me to loose. This is true for calorie counting, tracking exercises and also tracking weight on a daily basis.

With weight the trick for me is to accept that the daily weigh-in result means a range of about +/-2 lbs either way from the actual result shown on the scale. As long as I stay in that range the next day, I am still good and do not beat myself up about the scale not going down again.

So far, I have lost some (to me completely amazing!) 8 lbs in January with going to the gym 4-5 times a week, exercising portion control and eating uncontrolled amounts of veggies, despite a lot of work relaed stress last week.

The daily weigh-in gives me a quick feedback: instant motivation if the scale happens to move down a bit, and when it moves upwards it is a good reminder to be more focused on my eating during that day.

So far the experiement has worked out well for me and I think the trick is to find your own personal answer to the question, how you can reap the benefits of regular weigh-in and avoid the stress factor it brings along on the bad days when the scale does not look back at you with an encouraging smile.
Lizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 08:55 AM   #36  

S/C/G: 232/-see ticker-/125

Height: 5'5

Right now, I am obsessed with the scale. And I try so hard not to be. So, that being said, I typically weigh in several times a day, but only count the morning weigh in. Not that it will make a difference, but in my mind I believe that if I weigh myself throughout the day and the numbers increase dramatically then, I can take action to somehow decrease the next morning weigh in. I have a 100+ pound goal that I am trying to met as soon as possible. And I believe that I can do it with hard work and dedication and not compromising the least bit.
nharden84 is offline   Reply With Quote