Old 10-11-2011, 10:47 PM   #1  
MamaSam

S/C/G: 280/200/150

Height: 5'7"

Default Can I join in this club?

Hi! I would like to join in the discussions here but don't have 100 to lose now. I started out 120 overweight and am almost halfway there. Is it okay to post here?
MamaSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 11:14 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 255/holding at 162/160

Height: 5'-7"

Welcome, Samantha! Anyone can join in. Most people take this "club" to be anyone who has (or had) about 100 pounds or more to lose, so you fit those parameters perfectly. There are no rules, though. Heaven help us if we started putting limitations on who could "belong" to an imaginary club of people trying to improve their health! All are welcome to contribute. The more the merrier. A different perspective is always appreciated.

I think the general attitude of this particular group is to try to show help and support for people who all have a desire to lose excess weight and improve their health. The atmosphere in here is one of support and friendship. Most regular visitors/contributors to this particular sub-forum are all trying to lose a substantial amount of weight and are facing a lot of the same issues associated with losing 100 pounds. Our concerns might be a little different than those in some of the other groups just because the circumstances around losing 100 pounds might be different from the circumstances related to losing less weight or losing 200+ pounds, or different from losing weight with particular medical issues.

It seems you've done a great job so far. Join in here and get whatever support you need to continue on to meet your goal. And offer advice and support as best you can for the rest of us who are traveling the same road.

Lin

Last edited by linJber; 10-11-2011 at 11:16 PM.
linJber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 11:29 PM   #3  
MamaSam

Default Thanks!

Thanks Lin,

It's been a difficult journey to be sure. When I started, I thought I could never make it because over 100 pounds seemed so immense. But now, I can actually see myself losing the last 60 and maintaining. It seems possible for once in 20 years to picture myself a normal weight. I have major health issues, so my exercise is mainly just walking and some small weights. I'd love to encourage anyone started out where I was or even where I am now. It took me almost two years to lose 64 pounds because I couldn't exercise. My body loves to cling to its fat, let me tell you!
Old 10-11-2011, 11:56 PM   #4  
slim endgame

S/C/G: 255/see ticker/150

Height: 5' 4"

I have the same problem- I was just telling my husband it is as if my body does not want to let go of the weight! I have to work so hard for every pound lost.
I also am about half way through my weight loss journey- but I have realized I will never actually "arrive"- this will be a life long quest for me. I can gain 5 lbs. in 36 hours
Even if I lose only 2 lbs. a month I'm still going to work at this. At the end of the day I feel better about myself if I try to keep control of my eating.
Congratulations on your weight loss! You are doing a great job. Keep us posted!
goal4agirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 11:57 PM   #5  
Dukanista

S/C/G: high263/current257/ticker/198

welcome Samantha!! And congrats on your fantastic progress so far!

You don't have to have lost the weight while on 3fc to post here, and really, I think that anyone who is trying to move from the 200s down to Onederland qualifies anyway. So you are good on both levels and I look forward to having you on this journey!
April Snow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 12:17 AM   #6  
MamaSam

Goal4agirl, I understand completely!! My husband hugged me tonight and said, " You are getting skinny!" but the scale hasn't budged at all. LOL But I'm going to keep going no matter what. I agree with you that even if it's only 2 pounds a month, it is 2 pounds!! And, that will add up and eventually, we will be at a healthy weight. When I started this, it was life or death for me. Now, it is a way of life. Hope to be able to encourage you during this.
Old 10-12-2011, 12:19 AM   #7  
MamaSam

Thanks Aprilsnow!!! I already love it here. I have been reading posts and getting so much encouragement. I was on 2fc several years ago but regained all that I had lost and just gave up. Had a major bout with depression after losing both of my parents in 5 months and having a health issue. But I'm back. :-)
Old 10-12-2011, 11:28 AM   #8  

Height: 5'5"

Welcome!
PaulaM is offline   Reply With Quote