Old 07-13-2011, 09:34 AM   #316  

S/C/G: 255/holding at 162/160

Height: 5'-7"

Just updated my original post - down 1.8 since last Wednesday after being stuck for several days. Down 6.8 for the month.

This is my first month of weighing in every day and I'm not sure if it's good for me. I usually weigh myself every day if I'm at my own home on my own scale. And it makes me goofy when I can't because I'm away from home for a few days. I even took the darn scale on a 4 day camping trip with my girlfriends (mostly because it's a 4 day food fest - we cook great healthy meals, but there is soooo much junk besides . . .) You'd think it would be no big deal to post every day.

Since I started losing in January, though, I chose Wednesday as my official WI day, so it doesn't really matter what the scale says on any other day. Having to write it down makes all the little "ups" seem more like failures! Don't bother writing back that I'm being foolish - I know I am if I think of it that way. There's just something about seeing it in black and white.

I have to start thinking of this as what it is - not a contest with myself and the scale - just a way to keep on track and realize that it's normal to go up and down a bit every day. I KNOW I've been eating on plan. I KNOW I've been drinking (almost) enough water. I KNOW I've been exercising. Therefore, I KNOW the weight will come off.

All that said, I guess Wednesday is my lucky day, because it moved downward just enough to show a bit of a loss for the week!

Hope everyone has a great day.

Lin

Last edited by linJber; 07-13-2011 at 09:37 AM.
linJber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 09:35 AM   #317  

6. 269.5
7. 271.4
8. 272.3
9. 272.3
10. -
11. -
12. 268.8
13. 270.2 (i can't win lol!)
ShylahEQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 09:42 AM   #318  
Strong is the new Pretty!

S/C/G: 245/ticker/1??

Height: 5'2"

I'm up a pound to 174.6. It is because of some really salty turkey sausage. I knew it was going to happen too, but I let myself get too hungry before dinner and I had way more of the sausage than I normally would. C'est la vie.

Vixsin - Awesome job with the yoga. I'd like to try yoga, but I just can't get myself to do it for some reason.

Roxie - They do know, but the people doing our homestudy are volunteers and it is hard to get all the homestudies that need to be done scheduled.

Rennie - The incline on the treadmill can be a pain in the butt (literally), work up slowly. I tried once just jumping in and doing a 7. Ouch! I can do it now, but I had to work up to it.

MissKelly - Welcome back to 3FC. I'm sorry that you have had such a bad marriage experience. Good job on getting out relatively quickly though and not letting the abuse continue for years. Congrats on making it to goal, especially with so much other stress.

Ona - watch out girl, that zumba stuff is addictive.

Diana - peanut butter is a big one for me too. I love the stuff and it is hard for me to only have a small amount. I hope you find an awesome piece of peanut butter pie for your birthday treat.

starbrite - The same size as your 15 year old? That is awesome!!!

Lin - I know the feeling. I also know that I'm silly to think of a little fluctuation as a failure, but it still bothers me to have to actually type a gain. I have to do daily though because if I don't then I might let a weekly weigh in slide and then it'll be 2 and then I won't be weighing in at all and that will be bad.

Have a wonderful Wednesday everyone! I'm off to the gym to be abused by the guest teacher. He usually teaches another class and is filling in for our regular teacher because she is in Florida. He has already warned me it is going to be tough. Pray for my survival.
FitGirlyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 09:51 AM   #319  
One Day At A Time

S/C/G: Started SB 12/18/09 334/-/?

Height: 5'6"

all my fat fighting friends! we will win

Rennie,great job on the 2 lbs you will not goof off positive thinking! you've been doing everything right.You've found a pattern that is working..you're on a roll.

Great job Aimee you're doing it

Future,enjoy your workout.great job on the 1.2 you'll get there.you're focused and persistent.

Angie,great planning for lunch keep on keepin on

Star

wow Lin,great job this month already you're doing it yeah,whatever works for you then go with it.You've got it all together taking the scale on the camping trip

Diana

shylah,fight on

As for me..Down .8 to 182.0 straight up

Last edited by OnaMi; 07-13-2011 at 09:56 AM.
OnaMi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 09:54 AM   #320  

MissKelly - w/b, so glad you checked in and got under goal! I remember when you were getting married. Sorry that didn't work out

Star - nice downward trend! keep it up.

lin - I know what you mean about seeing it written down. It's daunting, doesn't matter if you already weigh every day. I'm the same way.

Rennie - grats on the 2lbs! nice to get that flush out of the system.

Future- you can do it! nice woosh, keep that water up, sounds like your body needs it.

Dianna - sorry about Magnum I'm not sure on the PB Pie, Bakers Square (are they even around anymore?) used to make the best!

Starbrite - awesome job! does the fact that you can wear the same clothes freak out your daughter? hehe

Aimee - you have the worst luck with sickies, even minor sore throats. I hope you are feeling better. grats on the 3lb woosh!
Old 07-13-2011, 09:57 AM   #321  

Ona - grats on the .8! nice

Roxy - I'm praying for your survival. I hope the home study gets done soon.
Old 07-13-2011, 11:37 AM   #322  
~Rennie

S/C/G: HW/220~SW/191.2~GW 141

Height: 5'3

Hi Lin good job on your losses

Roxie yes you can, and yes you will Thanks Roxie that's exactly what it was was a flush, but they are so far apart. Sorry if TMI

Thanks Roxy I will take your advice. I did an incline of 3.0 today from start to finish. I will probably stick with that for the remainder of the week and up it on Tuesday, since I just started yesterday and it is my official weigh in day. You're a trooper you can handle that sub-instructor for sure

Thanks Ona, I am on a short roll I am DAY 2 of being OP that I stay there and STAY positive, thanks to my positive influences. You're on a ROLL, way to go on your 182 even

I did something wrong today for the first time ever. I had to pull out the red thing out of the treadmill because my legs started to cramp. I have never had that happen. No I didn't stretch before and I never have. Also this is the first time I have drank water while on the treadmill and not before I got on and then of course after. Any advice is very much appreciated. Thanks

Treadmill today
~distance 2.3 miles
~time just shy of 45 minutes (before pulling the plug)
~speed 3.2
~incline 3.0
calories 283

Last edited by love2b150; 07-15-2011 at 09:48 AM. Reason: calorie burn corrected
love2b150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 12:15 PM   #323  
By God's Grace

S/C/G: 293/ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

Rennie - You might just be dehydrated. I get wicked muscle cramps while exercising sometimes when I haven't had enough water over the last couple of days.

Maybe try eating a banana, that usually helps with me - it's something about the potassium that helps cramped muscles.
Gale02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 12:20 PM   #324  
Asses 2 Ash/Guts 2 Dust

S/C/G: 292/ticker/175

Height: 5'8"

April 2011 - Lost 2.2 lbs
May 2011 - Lost 10 lbs
June 2011 - Lost 6.7 lbs

June 30: 265.9
1-6: OOT, No WI
7: 270.7 (+4.8)
8: 272.1 (+1.4)
9: 271.2 (-0.9)
10: No WI
11: 270.5 (-0.7)
12: 268.1 (-2.4)
13: 267.4 (-0.7) TOTAL +1.5

Well, still trending in the right direction...whew! And I'm close to actually beginning to "lose" this month...YAY!! Day 3 back to gym down in the record books. And day 3 back OP is underway!

Rennie -- I am so with you on the dog thing. Whenever an owner says, "Oh, he won't bite" my alarms immediately go off because it always sounds like they're trying to convince themselves too. Keep your pets under control people! Yeesh... And that was a fabulous WI you had this morning. Keep up the good work!!

Aimee -- Nice whoosh! Hears hoping most of it sticks around! Take care of yourself girly!!

Angie -- Boo TOM! No fun when you get surprised but really glad that gain got explained.

Diana -- Wow, peanut butter pie, huh? We all have our demons with food and though it does sound like you've tamed most of yours - I do hope that you enjoy whatever pie you end up with. Give Magnum hugs from us!

Starbrite -- How sweet that you get to share clothes with your DD! I can just imagine the joy you must be feeling with your new healthy self!

FutureThoughts -- Congrats on your loss this morning! 209 better watch the hellz out!

Lin -- Down 6.8 for the month is great! You're only halfway through so just imgaine what can still accomplish!

Roxy -- I'm praying for your safe return home from the gym! Oh yea, have fun too!!

OnaMi -- Nice loss! Woo hoo!
JamiSue3916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 12:25 PM   #325  
This means war...

S/C/G: 277/237/199

I was so relieved to step on the scale this morning and see it shift down. I am on the Dukan attack phase and not having a loss, even water weight yesterday was frusterating. But I upped my water intake by about 25 ounces and this morning, after a long night of sleep disturbances to get up and go potty I finally shifted down. *happy girl dance*

7/11: 251.5
7/12: 251.5
7/13: 250
Mango30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 12:56 PM   #326  
~Rennie

S/C/G: HW/220~SW/191.2~GW 141

Height: 5'3

Thanks Gale I drank so much water yesterday I thought I was floating But you're right I should have downed that bottle before I went downstairs. Don't have any bananas, and no vehicle until after 3:30pm, but I'll get some for sure, thanks again.

Thanks Jami good for you on the .7 down Day 2 for me. We can do this. The sad thing is Deysi (my shih-tzu) has run off so many times because the boys just let her out, so I/we are just as guilty. But as soon as she gets to a person, she drops to the ground for a belly rub. She has been brought back to us so many times. You'd think they'd learn since they get grounded when the let my pooch run off. Scares me silly, she is literally my furry baby.

Gale and Jami ... you wanna try for an OP weekend. We didn't last weekend. Ya'll wanna give it a shot. I think we can do it and we'll be so happy with ourselves on Monday, let's try. We have two days to say yay or nay.

Mango congrats do your dance GIRL

I'm hungry but there is nothing in here that I want for lunch ... gotta eat though before I mess up my OP day
love2b150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 01:04 PM   #327  
kon-fyoo-zed say it aloud

S/C/G: 300/Ticker/165

Height: 5'9"

hey guys. sorry i've been MIA for a while. just feeling a bit like a failure. i know it's to be expected, but it's the first time since i started that i got a pretty big gain (+2 pounds) from a free day, and it hasn't gone away within a few days. after we went to red lobster for dinner, my weight popped up to 259.5 (that was monday) and i've only managed (even with 100oz of water per day) to get it down to 259.0... i absolutely know it's because i'm not able to exercise like i normally do, and i've tried to keep my calories on the low side of my range... but i still feel like i'm not doing everything i could to see the weight disappear. i'm worried that if i have to post a gain for the week (for the first time since i started) i'll hit that spot i always do when i try to lose weight and wonder "why bother" and just give up.

i'm sorry for the whiny post. i'm not usually so negative. but i've also been so congested and sick the last couple days, and with the 90+ temps and heat indexes of over 100, i just don't want to move at all. tired and grumpy and in pain... so i whine.

i hope you all have a better day than i'm having so far. i'll be better tomorrow.
konfyoozed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 01:46 PM   #328  
Strong is the new Pretty!

S/C/G: 245/ticker/1??

I'm back and I survived. Apparently our regular instructor talked him onto just following what she does, though he changed up the abs section. So we did our normal workout, though it was funny because he forgot some of the bits and the sound system didn't want to cooperate with him, it wanted to play the same song for each set. He did a great job and there were no injuries like there were the first time she had to have a sub. WooHoo!

Rennie - Get some bananas or potassium pills if this keeps happening to you. It may just be a one time thing though, I've had some strange stuff like that once in a while since I started working out.

Mandy - I am sorry about the scale. Don't let this temporary thing send you off your path, Remember that there are other reasons for eating helthy too, not just the number on the scale. That always helps me when the scale is being a jerk.
FitGirlyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 02:08 PM   #329  
LGW
#justfortoday

S/C/G: 270/ticker/170

Height: 5'

Have a great day everyone!

Start May 15 - 238
7/6 - 226
7/7 - 225.2 (-0.8)
7/8 - 225.6 (+0.4)
7/9 - 224.4 (-1.2)
7/10 - 224.2 (-0.2)
7/11 - 224.2 (-0.0)
7/12 - 224.4 (+0.2)
7/13 - 222.6 (-1.2) :-) - my short term goal is 222 for 7/15

LGW

Everyone must suffer 1 of 2 things - the pain of discipline or the pain of regret and disappointment -- author unknown
LGW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 02:52 PM   #330  

S/C/G: 200/193/140

Height: 5'5

Hey ladies! The past week has been insanity for me. One week ago today, I left my old job with a goodbye lunch outing, ended up having some crazy day on Thursday so ordered pizza for dinner and had too much wine, Friday was another insane day. My girlfriend got married on Saturday, which of course involved more food, but Sunday was the actual reception party, which involved more food and drink. Monday was my first day at the new job, so my new manager took me out to lunch - I actually was good here and had an amazing apple cheddar salad, which was delish. But then hubby took me out to dinner to celebrate my first day, which was yummy but completely unhealthy. Yesterday was actually an okay eating day, but I didn't get nearly enough calories. And then here we are today and I just came back from another lunch with my new manager and a couple of people I'll be working with who are in from the US.. I didn't finish my meal because frankly it was too large, but I'm still thinking I ate too much. All in all, it's been a pretty pathetic weight loss week and I know I'll have a gain to show for all of it, but it is what it is, and can't be changed, so first thing in the morning I'm going to do my first weigh-in in over a week and I'll just have to face the music.

All of that said, I am thus far enjoying the new job and have figured out how long it takes me to get here and home in the evening. The great news is that they've given me a blackberry and a cabinet at work so that I don't have to be lugging around my laptop back and forth. This is good for a couple of reasons: it's going to make me more focused on me when I'm at home and I won't be tempted to log on to work; it's also going to be better for my posture and relieving my back and shoulder aches from carrying around the extra load; and more relevant it allows me to have the extra hand to bring in my lunch and snacks on a daily basis. I was having a hard time with this with carrying my purse, my laptop bag and lunch, it was just too much. So I'm excited about that. I've also figured out that by the time I get home, I need to eat almost right away because I'm starving and after that I have some energy to do things, sooo this means I'm going to be doing my cooking at least a night in advance. I'm hoping that now that I've managed to figure all this out relatively early in my newbie days at work, it'll help me settle into a routine and back losing again.

Wow, sorry I didn't mean for that to get so long! Whoops. I don't quite have time for personals right now, but I do want to say that:

Diana I'm really sorry to hear about Magnum and hope you make the last days enjoyable.

MissKelly I was just thinking about you last week. I'm sorry that things didn't work out for you two, I remember how excited and caught up you were during that time. I'm even more sorry because if I remember correctly, the two of you were really good friends first. In any case we're here for you anytime. Congratulations on reaching your goal and may I just say that you look absolutely stunning! I hope you're proud of this, because it's such an accomplishment.

to everyone else. I've missed you this past week. I'll be back to do personals soon!
Kukkie84 is offline   Reply With Quote