Old 05-28-2011, 09:14 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 350+/172/150

Height: 5'3"

I'm reading these posts as I sit here trying to motivate to go to the gym... I have to force myself to go, and sometimes force myself to stay, but it does feel so good when I am done...
The other night in yoga I found myself almost in tears of gratitude for the things my body can do (which is still pretty limited, but better...)
freefall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 04:40 PM   #17  
Never surrender

S/C/G: 251 current/237 minigoal/180

Height: 5' 9"

my first reaction was yep, I love the gym too. I totally get that renewal energy feeling. Then I kept reading posts and I remembered how hard it was to get myself to exercise when I first started. I really hated it. I really had to drag myself to start doing anything, walking, then later the gym. I'm very grateful I worked through that. I remember the time when it felt uncomfortable to walk period.
dragonwoman64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 09:16 PM   #18  

freefall - did you get to the gym?

dragonwoman - your post made me remember my beginning. i had difficulty walking through the grocery store. i'm glad you made me think of where i started.
i feel even better seeing where i am with my exercise...and with how far i can go!
anawhatsme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 03:48 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 250/168/150

Height: 5'7"

I had a great workout today. I do interval training (timed cardio alternating with timed weight lifting) and I ran for 9 minutes 2x over the hour. It was great! I'm working on running slower and longer for my 5K in July.
JessLess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 12:47 AM   #20  

that's awesome jess.
interval training sounds interesting.
i wonder if i could find a dvd that has that??
anawhatsme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 07:50 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 250/168/150

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by anawhatsme View Post
that's awesome jess.
interval training sounds interesting.
i wonder if i could find a dvd that has that??
I do it at a gym. There's a list of weight lifting exercises and you go down the list doing one set of each for a certain period of time, like 10 minutes, then you do cardio for 10 minutes then switch back for an hour all together. The idea is that you change the interval time each week from as little as 4 minutes to as long as 30. It's been really effective for me, I do it 3x a week and then run 2-3 other days as time permits.
JessLess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 04:57 PM   #22  
hot. like a curry.

S/C/G: 308/248/150ish

Height: 5'4"

I love this thread. This thread made me get off my butt and go to the gym today, because I know how good I feel after a workout.

I won't say I love exercising, but nothing beats the feeling of pushing through that OH GOD PLEASE MAKE IT STOP phase, past the pain and exhaustion to that endorphin rush. I generally start out playing a game with myself like "there's no way I'm gonna be able to do 45 minutes...if I get to 1/2 an hour at least it's 1/2 an hour". Then at somewhere around the 20 minute mark I generally switch my ipod to angry, kickass music and that's when I start powering through. The next thing I know I've blown past 45 minutes to a full hour and I feel like some sort of superhero.

Quote:
i am lucky to have working body parts and i feel good when i push myself.
So much wisdom in this quote. Thanks for reminding me.

Happy Memorial Day, chickies!
gloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 05:27 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 208(preg)/179/135?

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dog Rescue Mama View Post
I hear everyone large and small say the same thing, workouts are LOVE. Sweating and aching are fantastic... after a workout. Even my sister is addicted to running. I am not sure what's wrong with me, maybe I'm inherently lazy but I HATE WORKING OUT!!!!! I drag myself to my 30 minute shred every morning. I look for excuses before I FORCE myself to turn on that video. Haha what is wrong with me? HAHA sigh I'm just not an exerciser. Were you all this way before you hit your groove?
I never liked working out at home. I would either force myself to do it, or stop half way through. I love working out now that I go to the gym. I have an awesome work out partner, and she keeps me going! Maybe start doing something you enjoy more. I love step class, so I do that.
ryeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 05:51 PM   #24  
Hoping for 160 by NYE!

S/C/G: 323/ticker/150

Height: 5'7

I'm addicted to workout sweat! Seriously, it's this crazy high for me and I have to work a little harder each week to find it again.

5 weeks ago I was doing my best to do 10 minutes of wii fit free step at the middle pace...I worked my way up to 120 of the fastest pace and now even that's not enough. I'm doing bellydancing, a biggest loser workout and just turning on some good music and dancing like a crazy person for an hour each day. (6 days a week)

I've tried and tried over the years to like exercise and somehow it just finally clicked this time.
sevencallmemom is offline   Reply With Quote