Old 05-26-2011, 10:41 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 258/234/138

Height: 5'5.5

Have you considered trying to learn meditation or some other non excersize relaxation technique ? I could never sleep well either (turned out I had sleep apnea so no wonder!) But I felt much better when I meditated even though I was getting poor quality sleep. Alone I think the meditation is helpful but in your case it might also help you wind down to sleep sooner.

It really looks like you are doing everything you can in spite of everything you have going on. You should be very proud. I'm having a hard time just taking care of me you are responsible for the happiness of three other people and it looks like you are doing really really well!

*hugs*
gmailjunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 12:07 PM   #17  
Back with a story

S/C/G: 281 / 254 / 160

Height: 5'3" - I got taller!

Yes, I would wonder if you are just not eating enough for your activity level. I am eating around 1800 a day with moderate activity and nursing, and if I don't cheat I can expect to lose a minimum of 1.5-2 pounds per week, often more than that, and I weigh less than you. Sleep (or lack thereof) negatively impacts my stress levels and subsequently, my hunger, so do try to get more if you can. I will caveat that it is only if I get less than six hours a night that I see weight retention and cravings increase, but your mileage may vary.

If you are counting your calories rigorously and working out as you say, I would expect to see major losses. So it might be time to do a refeed and change things up a bit.

I'm rooting for you!
Arctic Mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 12:19 PM   #18  
Nursing Momma

S/C/G: 312/247/212

Height: 5 ft 7 in

I am primal-ish. I say ish, because I've also had to do a total elimination diet do to my 3.5 month old extreme food intolerances. I don't eat beans very often, maybe once per month, but I eat more potatoes than most doing primal (because they're pretty quick, whereas, normally, I'd reach for an egg for a quick meal which is a staple of the primal diet that DD reacts to). Still, I've lost about 60 pounds since birth. The first 20 came off pretty quickly, doing nothing. The last 40 have been all about eliminating, with the biggest being grains and beans. I eat whatever I want of veggies (minus peas), fruit (minus berries and citrus) and beef or chicken. No artificial colors or flavorings. No diet soda (just water, tea, coffee or juice). I'm rarely hungry and feel great.
jennylou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 04:58 PM   #19  
By God's Grace

S/C/G: 293/ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

Thanks so much for the suggestions and support, everyone!

I will give some thought to upping my calories and changing things up a bit (especially trying to get some more sleep.) You ladies are wonderful, I'm grateful for each and every one of you!

Last edited by Gale02; 05-26-2011 at 04:59 PM.
Gale02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 06:56 PM   #20  
Beauty, Brawn and Brains!

S/C/G: 298(O)/268.2(RS)/247.9.0/175.0

Height: 5'9''

You didn't mention that you're breastfeeding but I just wanted to make sure because you have a 9 month old. I know some women experience weight sticking around when they breastfeed and have reduced calories.

Also, have you taken measurements? With all your work at the gym, you could be going through a muscle conversion and losing inches instead of pounds.

This is really frustrating but hang in there!
Goddess Jessica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 09:06 PM   #21  
By God's Grace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goddess Jessica View Post
You didn't mention that you're breastfeeding but I just wanted to make sure because you have a 9 month old. I know some women experience weight sticking around when they breastfeed and have reduced calories.

Also, have you taken measurements? With all your work at the gym, you could be going through a muscle conversion and losing inches instead of pounds.

I got an infection and my milk dried up when Eli was 7 months old, so not breastfeeding anymore.

I haven't been taking measurements, but I notice that my clothes are fitting better and I had to buy workout pants in a size smaller. There's improvement for sure, I just want it to register on the scale too.

Last edited by Gale02; 05-26-2011 at 09:07 PM.
Old 05-26-2011, 09:45 PM   #22  
Step away from the buffet

S/C/G: Hi294.4/Restart 276/ticker/180

Height: 5'10

I just want to say, Gale02, you are my hero! Sticking with your plan while taking care of babies, stress, lack of sleep, a vigorous gym routine, AND staying motivated not to throw in the towel with a month long plateau! You are an inspiration! I will think about this thread next time I want to throw in the towel and tell myself if you can keep going, I can too
Hello Nurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 11:33 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 268/ticker/159

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goddess Jessica View Post

This was actually my first thought while reading your post.

I agree... it's nice to see the scale move down; but honestly, I'd keep every single one of these pounds of mine if they'd only reside in a firm, fit, size 8...

With all the exercise you are getting, you could be retaining some water; make sure you are taking in enough fluids. Hang in there... I predict a nice woosh coming up on the scale.
1oftheLuvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 11:49 PM   #24  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

I think you should switch it up a bit. I've heard that our metabolism can change quite a bit after having a baby because of hormone shifts. Maybe you have become like many of us and are a bit more sensitive to starches and sugars. Try limiting them for a week or so and see what happens. If I eat more than 2 starches a day and 2 fruits, my weight loss stalls. For some of us, not all calories are created equally.
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 02:52 PM   #25  
By God's Grace

I think you ladies are like a good luck charm or something, lol! I weighed in at 237.4 today... at 2.6lb whoosh from Wednesday and a new low. Woohoo!
Old 05-27-2011, 03:34 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 295/278/160

Height: 5'7

I hear people who have plateaued SWEAR by calorie cycling...have you thought about trying that and seeing if it helps?
OhMyDogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 04:26 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 268/ticker/159

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gale02 View Post
I think you ladies are like a good luck charm or something, lol! I weighed in at 237.4 today... at 2.6lb whoosh from Wednesday and a new low. Woohoo!

Congrats! Patience and perseverance pays off.

Last edited by 1oftheLuvs; 05-27-2011 at 04:26 PM.
1oftheLuvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 08:04 AM   #28  

S/C/G: 205/167/140

Height: 5'4"

Gale
Sorry, haven't been able to find this thread. I would not shell out $40 a class for the kettlebell workout. You can go to womensfitnesss.com or self.com or shape.com and look up a kettlebell routine. I don't even have a kettlebell, I use a 10 dumbell and hold it by it's head ( the magazine said it would have close to the same swinging action).
sniperhil is offline   Reply With Quote