Old 05-18-2011, 12:49 PM   #481  
Asses 2 Ash/Guts 2 Dust

S/C/G: 292/ticker/175

Height: 5'8"

April 2011 - Lost 2.2 pounds (Ready to kick butt in May!)

April 30: 282.6
1: 280.0 (-2.6)
2: 278.9 (-1.1)
3: 276.0 (-2.9)
4: 276.2 (+0.2)
5: 276.0 (-0.2)
6: 274.0 (-2.0)
7: 272.7 (-1.3)
8: 273.6 (+0.9)
9: 273.4 (-0.2)
10: 272.7 (-0.7)
11: 271.4 (-1.3)
12: 270.9 (-0.5)
13: 271.4 (+0.5)
14: 271.6 (+0.2)
15: 271.8 (+.02)
16: 271.8 (-0.0)
17: 272.7 (+0.9)
18: 271.2 (-1.5) TOTAL LOST -11.4

Booyah baby! I guess I have finally cleared my system of the weekend sodium. Whew! Nice to know that I can hang tough through the little bumpy patches and come out feeling good on the other end. I know those upticks were fairly little but it's good practice to stay OP NO MATTER what the scale says! Thank you universe for the lesson - I was paying attention!

Rainbowgirl -- Congrats on getting that downtrend. You can do this!

Aimee -- Boo is right! Big congrats on the .2 down! Way to jump back in with both feet!

Diana -- I'm like you too. Same thing for breakfast, lunch and snacks. I don't get bored with food easily and am not an adventurous eater. That said, I'm all about keeping it simple! Big congrats for get to the weight your comfortable at. Wish you BIG LUCK with your maintenance!! Enjoy your rice missy!!

Angie -- Well, I hope you have a great time in Vegas. I haven't been in years... Congrats on being down .2 yesterday.

Love -- It's great to hear from you again. My prayers are with you!

Reptogirl -- Doing great!!!

Starbrite -- Good morning and Congrats on the .6 loss! I hope you start feeling better soon.

Future -- Yahoo! SO freakin awesome that you reach your goal! You are going to look amazing Saturday. My office is small too and I was REALLY surprised by the support! It feels great!

Rhonda -- Way to exercise your choice muscle! Let us know how we can support you while you get refocused and back OP.

Coondocks -- Congrats on getting back out of the 170's!!!

Vixsin -- Welcome back and good luck catching that criminal!! You've been going back and forth with the same couple pounds which frankly, is incredibly impressive with all you've had going on. Oh SO happy to hear that your feeling more confident about your actions. Go get' em!!!

Mandy -- So happy to see that you're moving through the 260's so quickly! You are doing a fantastic job!! And with just a few more days 'til the wedding...so exciting!!
JamiSue3916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 02:52 PM   #482  
I Will do this....

S/C/G: 298/see ticker/165

Height: 5ft 7

Gosh - just been invited for an interview for a new job on Tuesday morning. Feel very happy about the interview but how can I convince hem I'm the one for the job??? Lots of emotional stress attached to this as I live in a country where permanent teaching jobs are few and far between and I am at the end of a very significant ten year contract. Lots of negative emotions racing round my brain - just need to find the positive here !!
starbrite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 03:02 PM   #483  
Jeri

S/C/G: 286/142.6/150/new goal 140

Height: 5-4

up .8 to 154.
eclipse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 03:08 PM   #484  
Strong is the new Pretty!

S/C/G: 245/ticker/1??

Height: 5'2"

I'm up a pound today to 176.2. I'm ok with it though. TOM is trying to start and last night was WAY stressful. My computer finally let go and it did it when it was in need of a back up. Luckily the problem is the power and we were able to use hubby's power to get stuff from my hard drive, yay! I was up really late making sure everything got backed up, I didn't want to put it off because his power supply is not quite right for my old computer and I didn't want to fry his power too by leaving it running mine for too long. Then we went and got me a new Dell Inspiron. This thing is FAST!

Diana - Yes, according to 2 different pros at my gym it does actually help.

Angie - I use hydration signs too instead of telling myself I have to have a certain # of ounces. You can also check by lightly pinching the skin on your inner wrist. If it pops right back into place then you're good. If not then you're dehydrated.

FutureThoughts - Congrats on making the wedding goal!

Diana - If the serving of rice is too much and you know it will be too tempting then just remember that you have learned that you are worth special service and ask them for a smaller portion. There is a place that I have to do that with my noodles. Congrats!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana3271 View Post
That totally made me laugh! We are in the same boat! Although, I did hear of a case that the husband was fixed and she got pregnant. She got fixed and then she became pregnant again. That would be our luck!
This happened to my parents, that's how I got here. They were 38 and 47. My father was 'fixed' about 7 years before I was born. And I am most definitely his. So my mom got fixed after me, lol.

Vixsin - I hope you catch whoever it is.

starbrite - Good luck with the interview.

I hope everyone is having a wonderful Wednesday.
FitGirlyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 03:58 PM   #485  
It's mine for the taking

S/C/G: 238 / see ticker / 188

Height: 5'6"

I'm up .4 to 209.2 today. I had a call from my Dr. this morning to come in to chat about my bloodwork from Monday...I have an insufficient amount of Vit b12 so she gave me a shot and told me to start taking supplements. Has anyone else run into this? When I looked up foods containing B12 they are all things I eat regularly. My Dr. thinks it's due to the weight loss, but I"m not convinced.

Rennie - Feel free to share or vent if there is something on your mind, there is always a lot of support here.

Starbrite -- Congrats on your .6 today. Good luck on your interview next week.

FutureThoughts -- Yay! Congrats on your weigh in and the meeting your goal!

Diana -- It's so exciting to hear you talk about your maintenance plan! Congratulations on the new low.

Rhonda -- Welcome back!

ONa -- You'll have the sodium fluctuation gone in no time!

Coondocks -- Great job on getting back into the 170's!

Mare -- Holding steady is good, especially when you're dealing with hormone issues.

Vixsin -- Welcome back! Sounds like a good plan to catch the jerks who are hassling you.

Mandy -- Congratulations on all your milestones!

Jami -- Good job on the 1.5 whoosh today!

Roxy -- Sorry about the pounds, but hey it's TTOM, so don't worry, it will be gone soon. Great news about the new computer though! Hope you are enjoying it.

Cocomonkey -- Are you out there? How did your surgery go??
Angie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 04:10 PM   #486  
Asses 2 Ash/Guts 2 Dust

S/C/G: 292/ticker/175

Height: 5'8"

Starbrite -- You are such a rock star...there's no way they won't realize you're the one they need!

Roxy -- Whew! Thank goodness you were able to get your computer backed up! Reminds me that mine is due for a backup as well!

Angie -- I haven't but it might be worth a follow up call to the Doc now that you've had a chance to review your diet.
JamiSue3916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 04:27 PM   #487  
By God's Grace

S/C/G: 293/ticker/175

April 30th: 240.6

1: 244.4
2: 241.6
3: 242.4
4: 244.6
5: 238.0
6: 239.6
7: 241.4
8: 242.4
9: 243.4
10: 243.8
11: 241.0
12: 239.4
13: 238.4
14: 239.6
15: 238.6
16: 239.4
17: 239.8
18: No WI

I looked at my stats for the past few weeks and my sodium has been hovering around 3000 mg/day. No wonder the scale has been stuck. I'm not going to weigh in for a few days (while staying OP) and see if I can't get some of it flushed out. It's discouraging to see the same number for a week when I'm working so hard. Methinks the popcorn I ate this afternoon (1000+ mg/sodium) wasn't the best start to the sodium flush.

Last edited by Gale02; 05-18-2011 at 04:35 PM.
Gale02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 05:12 PM   #488  
One pound at a time

S/C/G: 292.2/138.6/146

Height: 5'9"

I set a goal of losing 10lbs this month and it's been met! I'm going to try for another 4lbs until the end of May.

My monthly cycle is really off, which is something that never happens to me. I'm always 28 days on.the.dot (even to the hour!), but last month was 26 days (for which I was thankful because I was due to start on the day of the 20-mile Walk for Hunger, instead it was the last day of TOM), and it started again on day 17. Has anyone had this happen while their losing weight? I wonder if it's weight-loss related or if it might be the start of peri-menopause (I'm 38), or something else.

Here's my May weigh-ins so far:

1: 238.6 TOM (20 mile WALK for HUNGER day!)
2: 236.8 (-1.8)
3: 235.8 (-1.0)
4: 235.8
5: 235.8 (move scale, move!)
6: 235.8 (grrrrrrr)
7: shabbat, no weigh in
8: 233 (-2.8)
9: 231 (-2.0) Holy cow, what's going on?
10: 230.2 (-0.8)
11: 230.2
12: 229.2 (-1.0)
13:
14: no weigh in TOM
15: 230.2(+1.))TOM
16: 230.2TOM
17: 228.8 (-1.4)TOM
18:227.6 (-1.2) TOM

JamiSue- Congrats on your weight loss thus far this month!

Starbrite- Good luck with the interview Tuesday!
Beck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 05:22 PM   #489  
Jeri

S/C/G: 286/142.6/150/new goal 140

Height: 5-4

We're getting close to 500 posts on this thread, so I started part two

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-...ml#post3855711
eclipse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 07:59 PM   #490  
Learning to be the new me

S/C/G: 214/200/?

Height: 5' 8

Default Swollen fingers and water pills

Angie ,
I had a problem with dieting close to yours with swollen joints/fingers and it turned out it was the Dr. and my Dietitian agreed it was due to improper hydration , I don't know how much you sweat when you exercise but I was told that excessive sweating which is not followed by replenishment of lost salt and water .but water pills do just that and can cause low blood pressure, an imbalance of electrolytes. there are two types of pills one depletes potassium although i cannot remember what the other does that is not too healthy long term. I just remembered the other is calcium based. water pills directly affect the kidneys, so that can put stress there, combined with the increased calcium flow, could certainly increase the risk of kidney stones. The water pills are probably not the only cause, but they are almost certainly a direct contributor to the onset of kidney stones.

Besides the water pills not really working after a while , water pills are only good for temp weight loss and it usually comes back as soon as you are off of them. odd that you mention the B-12 loss , thy had thought i was suffering from depression , and it turned out that once the vitamin was built back up I felt much better , but not too much better because of the misdiagnoses of depression , which led to drastic and unnecessary.. painful things in my life and the people around me. and they thought was due to not eating enough meat , With me it could possibly be anemia and only time will tell now.
I just wanted to make sure you got this. and there are alternatives to water pills which draw out water.teas , Ginger , mint , spearmint , wintergreen to name a few.
Parsley , dandelion leaves , chicory , and fennel any of these on the side or in a salad.
Pink grapefruit , lemon which you already know with the lemon water. from the posts I read . and cottage cheese.

As to everyone else I am sorry I fell off schedule and out of touch with the internet , I am sorry I cannot reply to everyone today but Some posts just screamed out and I do not have time to get to everyone . I honestly lost track a few times and had to go back lol , so much inspiration here , and so many positive wonderfully motivated people , This is contagious
openup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 08:08 PM   #491  

1: 251.6 (damnit! 0.6 gained? Went for a 6 km hike yesterday burning 2731 calories and only ate 1400-1500 calories that day. I'm hoping it's just retention caused by dehydration b/c I didn't pack enough water, and because TOM is approaching. We'll see what it is tomorrow. I think I should step it up with the exercise now that I'm heading into my 3rd week.)
2: 252.2 - what the heck?! I really, really, hope this is just because maybe TOM is approaching (Im so irregular, I never really know until it arrives) - but I followed my plan yesterday, deviating only to get a McDonald's cone (150 calories) and I budgeted it for that, too. Not 100% sure why I've gained a pound and a bit back. Very annoying!
3: 252.6 TOM still not here, still getting intermittent symptoms that it's approaching but not here yet. Frustrated, but I know I haven't gone over my calorie budget so I cannot be gaining weight through that (I'm not eating high fat foods or low-nutritional value foods). Just have to persevere and wait.
4: 253.0 Ok, NOW I'm getting frustrated. I've been on a steady rise since Sunday and there's no reason for it. I'm sticking to my plan, I haven't deviated at all, TOM isn't here (yet), and I'm still GAINING. What the ****!? I'm starting to get uber discouraged. I can't go any lower in calories than I wan 1300-1400, and I can't go any higher b/c I'm sedentary for more than 8 hours a night thanks to work. I try to get in 20 minutes of exercise before work, but that doesn't always happen. So frustrated.. I'm doing everything right and I'm GAINING!
5:252.0 TOM finally appeared, sorta. Very light but we'll see how it goes. Hopefully when it's done I'll be out of the 250s; that sure would be nice especially since I've been so "good" and kept to my plan! Crappy day today, but I'll be hitting the treadmill at work on my lunch break like I did last night - watch some of the hockey game that way Tonight will make 3 times this week exercising for 20 min. I'm proud ^_^
6: (didn't weigh)
7: (didn't weigh)
8: (didn't weigh)
9: (didn't weigh)
10: (didn't weigh)
11: 250.8 I went to my parent's house for several days (thursday until tuesday) and it's highly likely I gained some weight back because it's very hard to eat the way I need to there. Mom makes everything mostly home made, so figuring out calories is hard. I just tried to eat smaller meals and it seems to have paid off with not a huge gain. Though, not a huge loss either. *sigh* Back on track now.
12: 251.8 Ugh. Up again but it's understandable. Mom and I went to our favorite little Italian restaurant in Vancouver where the portions of spaghetti are massive and I just about ate the whole darn thing. I had water with dinner, so that's a plus I guess. Haven't had that spaghetti in months, either. Back on track today and even more so when mom goes home again lol
13: 251.0 meh, mom's still here so not eating well.
14: 252.0 *le sigh* I love my mom, but I can't wait for her to leave so I can get back to my routine. It's going to be super tough when she's down this summer selling corn (her summer job) and staying with me. Teeny 600 sq ft 1 bedroom basement and ALL of her crap. I had a 2 bedroom last year and it was a DISASTER all the time. She refuses to clean up after herself so I end up doing it all. I'm not looking forward to it. Even now, my living room/main room is a mess and it's mostly her stuff everywhere.
15: (didn't weigh).
16: 255.0 #%*%&#(@&(%)%!!!! I'm so mad; I regained 5 pounds for what? NOTHING! Trying to get back on track but finding it even harder than when I started!
17: 253.0 Ok, on a downward trend now. Let's hope there are no more hiccups soon.
18: 252.8 Weighed at the doctor's office today and it looked like 252-ish. Hopefully it was correct. Talked to my nurse practitioner (like a GP) about everything. She said I should be drinking twice as much water as I have been and to increase to 30 minutes of exercise 3 times a week. Also, getting on the antidepressant for my moderate depression will help (she says) and that if the water retention doesn't get better in a few months of staying on track, to see her again. Told her my eating plan and what I generally eat and asked if she thought I needed a dietician but she said it sounds like I have it all under control, it's just a matter of sticking to it despite the rough patch. To be honest, I did go off the plan while my mom was in town and that no doubt contributed to the gain, so hopefully I can really stay strong. My parents want me to go up to their house next weekend because it's Nilla's (My dog's) 1st birthday. I think if I *do* go up, I'll have to bring my own food - or at least get my own food once I'm there so I'm not eating what they eat.
19:
20:
21:
22:
23:
24:
25:
26:
27:
28:
29:
30:
31:
Rainbowgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 09:15 PM   #492  
One Day At A Time

S/C/G: Started SB 12/18/09 334/-/?

openup, i know a lot of people that have been taking Prescribed high blood pressure pills w/water pill for their pressure and a prescribed water pill for swelling for years and never had a problem and quiet a few that stopped taking prescribed water pills and didn't gain weight back because of that
If anything they gained weight back because they went back to their old ways of eating,not watching their sodium intake like they used to, not drinking enough water/flushing it out and not moving as like they used to.. ever case is not same.

Last edited by OnaMi; 05-19-2011 at 07:50 AM.
OnaMi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 10:03 PM   #493  

S/C/G: 272/215/135

Height: 5'5

1:218.5 (+.5) Didn't do any exercise that day and boy did I miss it!
2:218.5 (0) Exercise today, can't wait to get settled into the new place so my diet can get back on track!
3:217 (-1.5)
4:217.5 (+.5)
5:216.5 (-1) ran 25 minutes straight without stopping yesterday. GO ME!
6:218.5 (+2) So I ate absolutely horribly yesterday! I went and did my two workouts yesterday, but I was in such a rush all day that I didn't really think about what I was eating. I just wanted something quick and filling. I really don't want to be stuck in the 2teens forever so I've really gotta step it up!
7:
8:
9:
10:
11:
12:
13:
14:
15:
16: 218.5 OMG this was the worst/best week ever! The worst week because I was on a break from diet and exercise. The best week because my sister graduated with her Master's in Social Work (SO POURD!), one of my dear friends got married, and I got to spend time with my Mommy and Daddy (they were up from Georgia). I'm definately getting back to my daily routine (although I missed my morning run). I've got just 8.5 lbs more to go before I can reach my 210 goal for this month. I know that I can do it!!
17:
18:216 (-2.5) YAY!
19:
20:
21:
22:
23:
24:
25:
26:
27:
28:
29:
30:
31:
Kiyoshima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 09:18 AM   #494  
I luv my curves

S/C/G: 255/ticker/180

Height: 5'1 3/4

My goal for this month is to get to 215 its a little aggressive for me but I plan to turn it up a notch this month. Today ended the semester*thank god* but I still have the final which is ok and tax season also ended so I can f ully concentrate on my wl goals and not be all stressed So I am back!

2: 225.0
3: 225.2 up a lil I dont know but i was op so
4: 225.0
5: 225.8 *shoulder shrugs* worked out for 2hrs yesterday a hr of kickboxing and 1hr of body to pump
6: 226.0 didnt workout and ate like crap. I need a butt kick
7:
8:
9: 227.2 ok enough is enough, no more off plan the semester ended and I PASSED so the pressure is off tax season is over and I will be focused on my wl journey. Today is a new start for me
10: 226.2 going in the right direction
11: 226.0 ill take it
12: 227 workouts are going great but I need to really clean up the diet end of things had pizza late last night
13: 227 cant let the scale get me off of my "A" game lol I pretty much stayed op yesterday.
14:
15:
16: 229.0 ok today is really the day that I get back on plan and count everything I put in my mouth. *willpowerdust* workouts have been great but foods have been my down fall
17: 227.4 about time....o and ive started back jogging!
18: 227.4 was on plan
19: 225.2
20:
21:
22:
23:
24:
25:
26:
27:
28:
29: