Old 01-20-2011, 10:39 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 264/260.5/150

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arctic Mama View Post
Condoms and charting, here. The link between hormonal birth control and uterine and breast cancer is waaaay too strong for me to be comfortable with.
This may be where I end up. We tried just charting, but this is how we ended up with Callum. Thanks for the article, it's interesting, I will have to do a little more research on the progesterone only contraceptives as well as the risk factors for my age group.
ToriLeigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 10:40 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 264/260.5/150

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by aasshhlleeyy View Post
I am kinda in the same situation. I had my mirena removed last feb with high hopes of having our second baby. With my first baby we had no trouble getting pregnant and I loved the mirena... that is until it has been almost a jeat ttc and nothing. Ive been through so many tests and I have no choice but to blame it on mirena So after months and months of devestation and many negative pregnancy tests I have decided to put the baby making on hold I feel like I need to focus on me and lose weight and get healthy before I put my body through **** again lol.
Wow, I'm sorry you are having problems. Hopefully giving yourself a break will help and give your body a little more time to get back to normal from the bc.
ToriLeigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 10:44 PM   #18  
natalie

S/C/G: 260/171.2/145

Height: 5'7"

I have Paraguard, the copper IUD. Breast cancer runs in my family in a straight line. Every woman down the line for quite a few generations has had it, so I'm not even trying to speed the process up. I was on the pill, when my boyfriend and I first started dating. Not only did I gain 30 pounds, which was the ONLY time I ever gained a significant amount of weight that I'd lost back, but I acted like a psycho emotional biotch. I did not take to the pill well at all.

I really like my IUD. It's a little more effective than the pill. The only two downsides are slightly longer periods (for me by a day) and my periods are heavier for 2 of the days. To me it's worth it.
oodlesofnoodles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 10:52 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 196/180/140

Height: 5'1

I was on the patch for 8 years and had to stop using it back in October. My nuerologist does not want me to use any BC that contains estrogen (he thinks they are making my migraines and seizures worse). I went to the gyn today & I have an appt next week for an u/s to possibly put in the Mirena. If that doesn't work we will be doing the Implanon. Has anyone here used Implanon? I really want to use Mirena, but am a bit worried as to the placement process.
karla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 11:01 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 335/TICKER/180

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToriLeigh View Post
Wow, I'm sorry you are having problems. Hopefully giving yourself a break will help and give your body a little more time to get back to normal from the bc.
Thanks so much it's frustrating and an emotional rollercoaster not being able tc but hopefully when Im ready again it won't be so hard. Congrats on your prescious little boy.
aasshhlleeyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 12:45 AM   #21  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Height: 5'5

Ortho-tricyclen low, generic brand.

I had a slight yet noticeable spike in appetite at first. This has been the case each of the three times I have "started" the pill.

Couldn't comment on its effects on mid-progress dieting; I've been taking it the entire duration of my weight loss and pretty much been on the same pill since I was 17 (I'm 24 now).
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote