Old 12-27-2008, 09:35 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 280/ticker/140

Height: 5'6"

Default Anyone here doing Crack the Fat Loss Code by Chant?

I've been following it for 5 weeks with great success and while there is a good thread on another board, I was wondering if anyone here was cracking.
missy3gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 06:02 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 167/142/125

Height: 5'4"

I just bought the book, and am rather excited about it. How is it going for you?
rede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 07:45 AM   #3  

I just started low carb this week. I did this a few years ago and lost quite a bit of weight and kept if off as long as I stuck to the diet....but....I didnt so here I am trying to lose. I ordered this book off ebay...I havent ever tried Wendy Chant's way but have read where people are having great success.

Missy...if you dont mind my asking....how much have you lost so far?
Violet73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 03:38 PM   #4  

I started three weeks ago, but did week one over because I had a birthday and cheated. Oh well! I am now in the middle of week two and have lost at total of 22 pounds. Some of that was lost doing medifast the week before I started Crack the Fat loss Code.

I love this plan, the first few days were tough and I was crabby, but after that I've done better than any other plan I have been on.

My mantra is one that is not new or orignal, "Nothing tastes as good as being thin feels" and I have taken it to a bit further to say, "Chocolate (or french fries or Key lime Pie, etc) does not taste as good as being thin feels & I choose not to eat Chocolate." This is empowering me to not eat emotionally and making me realize that each time I put something in my mouth it needs to be a choice not just a habit.

Tuesday was Election Day here in Oregon and my office counts the ballots. It is usually a late night and everyone brings yummy snacks. I made this my carb up day and brought two slices of pizza and chips and salsa for me to eat. We had donuts, brownies, cheese, crackers, and all kinds of dips, but I stuck to plan. The next day we were all tired and someone brought us donuts again and again I did not eat any. I truly cannot believe it, but the confidence boost it has given me is tremendous!

If you have not started yet, give it a try. The book is a must and I am finding that I need to keep reading chapters over and over to make sure I understand what I am doing.

I am working on losing 100 pounds and now have 78 pounds to go.

Cheers,
Suzi
suzi2266 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 05:14 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 184/184/150

Height: 5'5"

just bought this book and am really excited to start the diet. all i need to do is get to the grocery store and get some food and i will be ready to go!! anyone have any good or bad stuff to let me in on?? anyone have any tips for me?
missy b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 03:42 PM   #6  

Smile atkins vs crack the fat

Hello. I'm new here. I've been on Atkins for about 3/4 months and lost 17lbs but cant seem to lose anymore than that and I have 60 more lbs. to lose. I was thinking about trying the crack the fat loss code. has anyone done atkins and switched over or does anyone have any advice.
Thanks
marydd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 04:27 PM   #7  
Hi From Canada, eh?

S/C/G: check the ticker :)

Height: 5'8

you can take a look at it on google books, see if you're interested in it. I did not use this, I tried Atkins once and lost about 30 lbs, then ate a cookie and gained 40 LOL

http://books.google.ca/books?id=fHbR...page&q&f=false
Trazey34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 06:31 PM   #8  

Default crack the fat loss

Hey! i just started week 2. I have done LC a long time ago and struggled. This time it was easy. I dont think I followed her food suggestions to the letter but I kept my carbs WELL BELOW 20 in a day and had my brocolli every day

I have about 15 - 20 lbs to lose. After the first week I am down 4 - 5 !!! I am happy about that!

So has anyone else not followed the deplete food guide and still had success?

Today I had power oats for breakfast and couldn't even finish them I was SOOOO FULLL

Janny
Janny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 07:34 PM   #9  
unabashed

S/C/G: 344/321/220

Height: 5'5

Have you guys heard of the 'one golden shot' with low carb diets?

I lost 70 lbs on atkins in 2004 (and I"m now vegan. ha.)

Anyhow, I ate a bowl of pasta for my anniv and that was IT. (coupled with medication) but I gained it all back plus 40 more! Then when I tried atkins again, the exact same way, years later, I didn't lose much of anything at all.

I've heard this is common in low carb diets.
lottie63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 09:12 AM   #10  
IR/PCOS/Pre-Diabetic

S/C/G: 310/*ticker*/150

Height: 5'4"

I'm not sure I buy the "One Golden Shot" thing. I've lost over 40 pounds each time I've lowered my carbs. This last time was just as easy as the first.

But then I hit the 260-ish mark, where my body lived for SO long (and also about 20% of my starting weight), and I plateau like nobody's business. It's at this point that I tend to get frustrated. The first 50 pounds were easy!
synger is offline   Reply With Quote