Old 01-12-2011, 05:25 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 354/342/250(for now)

Height: 5'3"

I only drink like once or twice a year, so no alcohol is not a big deal to me. Next time I'm out I'll pick up a test or two. Incidentally got another boob related comment from my sweetie today. He said something about me spilling out of my bra (a different one than I was wearing yesterday). I think when I go out to get the tests I may have to get a d cup bra, since the one I'm spilling out of is a c).
Yes of course I'll let you all know.
CanadianCutie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 05:31 PM   #17  
Happy New Rear!

S/C/G: 240/218.6/140

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eskinomad View Post
ZOINKS Which IUD did you have???
I had the copper IUD, because I was sick of the hormones, but yeah, what a doll my "oopsie baby" is! Persistent little princess!

Quote:
I had IDENTICAL symptoms, plus HUGE nipples and needing a L.O.T of sleep one cycle a few years back - ended up getting my period, but it was super, super heavy. Could have just been an insanely hard-hormoned period since I'd been losing weight and stuff, but if you ask me it was a very early miscarriage.
OMG! I had experienced that one cycle (years before my IUD) too! I just knew I was pregnant, because of the need to sleep 24/7 and the smells! Even though it ended with a really super heavy period, I KNOW what it was! Strangely enough, without the result of a positive pregnancy stick to obsess over, I wasn't as devastated as the time when I did take the test and it ended badly.

Quote:
Best of luck to you and yours - hope you let us know what you find out!
I second that!
Lnoelparis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 05:37 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 295/see ticker/150

Height: 5'9

id say preggers too, my best friend started having similar symptoms less then 2 weeks into her last pregnancy so you may have ovulated a little early or your last 'period' may have been the spotting that can happen during preygnanc
pnkrckpixikat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 05:45 PM   #19  
OMW to a brand new me!

S/C/G: 312/seeticker/135

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lnoelparis View Post
Edited to add: You can have your period, be on b/c and still be pregnant. Nothing is 100% effective!
I had an IUD, had my period on time like clockwork AND was 4 months pregnant with my last when I found out. This was 2 years after my IUD was in place! Put that in your pipe and smoke it!

Yeah LOL my second arrived with two forms of BC being used. I had no idea I was preggers till well after the new year and she was born in July.....sooooo. Yeah. HAHA

My mom used to say that there was only one thing that was 100% effective and even that did not work once. LOL......and yeah, you get the point
lazylioness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 06:07 PM   #20  
for me, for them

S/C/G: 345/ticker

Height: 5'10"

Mom to 2 here (not BC babies though), echoes the crowd. Pregnancy seems to be in the air around here. I'm trying to lose a considerable bit before we TTC our 3rd, but I've got the baby bug...

Keep us posted.

Last edited by ScarlettDrawl; 01-12-2011 at 06:08 PM.
ScarlettDrawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 10:55 PM   #21  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Maybe pregnancy. Maybe a woosh of estrogen into your system from burning fat. We store a type of estrogen in our body fat. Pregnancy and a release of extra estrogen can cause some of the same symptoms. Hope you end up with whichever result you are hoping for.
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 11:43 AM   #22  
Spartan Kitty

S/C/G: 270/*ticker*/160?

As a mom of two and current preggo, I echo everyone else and say probably pregnant. :-) It's possible you conceived last month and had implantation spotting which you thought was your period, or that you ovulated earlier than you thought. Anyway, I'll be looking for an update, hope it turns out the way you want it to!
Latchkey Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 05:23 PM   #23  

The boobs are still huge. I'm planning on going out tomorrow and getting a couple bigger bras. I told my fiance the two theories from the thread and his reaction to the estrogen one was great "a little something extra for the guys". I, of course, rolled my eyes at him. I feel funny about picking up pregnancy tests too though, since I'm not due for the monthlies til Saturday.
Old 01-16-2011, 05:45 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 295/278/160

I was just thinking about you about an hour ago, and wondering how things were going!!

I tested early with my older daughter, and came up positive (we were trying for her). It was SUPER SUPER faint, but it was positive. I don't know about in Ont, but here in Sask, our Dollarama has pregnancy tests, and if I was you, I'd totally get them there, then you could pick up a few, so you could do one now, and do one later if need be.
OhMyDogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 06:41 PM   #25  

Thanks, OhMyDogs, I'm not at home though, I'm in the US. Will be at K-Mart tomorrow though, Should be able to find some inexpensive ones there, I would imagine.
Old 01-16-2011, 07:16 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 295/278/160

Apparently in the US, a lot of the dollar stores have them...Dollar Tree for example (I remember reading that when I was trying to conceive). Hope that helps, and that you get the answer you're hoping for
OhMyDogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 08:52 AM   #27  
OMW to a brand new me!

S/C/G: 312/seeticker/135

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhMyDogs View Post
Apparently in the US, a lot of the dollar stores have them...Dollar Tree for example (I remember reading that when I was trying to conceive). Hope that helps, and that you get the answer you're hoping for
I have seen them in Dollar Stores and yanno for some reason, I just never felt able to trust a PG Test that was only a buck LOL
lazylioness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 08:55 AM   #28  

The dollar store tests are great and cheap! Never had a problem with them. (the pink dye tests, not blue dye!)
ShylahEQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 11:06 AM   #29  
Spartan Kitty

S/C/G: 270/*ticker*/160?

Dollar store tests (like from Family Dollar or Dollar Tree) are totally reliable as long as they are pink dye and not blue dye. They alerted me to the presence of both my second and third little angels. :-) And alerted me 3-4 days before I missed my monthly too...
Latchkey Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 12:19 PM   #30  
Back with a story

S/C/G: 281 / 254 / 160

Height: 5'3" - I got taller!

Yup, dollar store tests and 25 cent Internet cheapies are both extremely sensitive and reliable. NO BLUE DYE TESTS, PINK ONLY!!!!! I can't stress that enough

Internet cheapies gave me my first positive for my son at only 8 DPO (faint, faint line) and gave a strong line by 10DPO. That is as good or better than my experiences with First Response.
Arctic Mama is offline   Reply With Quote