Closed Thread

Old 11-19-2002, 10:59 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 325 / see ticker / 150

Height: 5'4"

Default For those asking about my son Christian...

For those who don't know, my son Christian has Down Syndrome(incase your wondering about this post).

Anyhow now to answer some of your questions(for those who replied to that Sweet Lyrics post of mine).

Yes I had said a while ago that Christian was finally taking his first steps....well Christian finally is fully walking(with a bit of wobble at times but getting better) and has since the beginning of this month

Also Christian did great at the dentist yesterday(and no he didn't throw up on the dentist which I was afraid he might do because of his oral aversion...LOL). He did whine some though when the dentist was checking out Christian's mouth and teeth. Also Christian doesn't have any cavities

They heard Christian's teeth grinding that he does constantly and the Paed Dentist said it is because when he bites down his teeth don't all come together(some are higher and some are lower). So they suggested also doing oral stimulation(which we already do). Christian has to go back in 6mos for another appt to see how his teeth grinding is going and if he's still constantly doing it the Paed Dentist is going to file down some of his teeth.

Also when they asked about brushing Christian's teeth I said normally we would use an electric toothbrush as that's what he does best with, but because of no money lately I just bought a child's regular toothbrush for him and he doesn't like it so well....so they gave us a Colgate Actibrush(one of the electronic ones that spin) for free(those things are around $20 to buy at the store). They also gave us regular tooth brush too because they said that the regular tooth brushes(the ones that don't spin or anything) are the best to use.

Also the other night he decided to reek havic while I was tucking my daughter into bed(Christian goes to bed later because of his last tube feed). Christian dumped my daughter's little bit of juice on the carpet and also dumped my big cup full of juice also on the carpet and also hid the tv remote. I spent half an hour trying to find that darn remote too. I was not happy due to my very typical 2yr old... ...he may be behind physically but there's no way his behind mentally

Last edited by KnCmamma; 11-19-2002 at 11:02 PM.
Old 11-21-2002, 02:58 PM   #2  

So glad to hear about Christian's great dentist appointment. Must have been a lil stressful not knowing how he was going to react.

And now he's walking...yay!!

Sounds like he is a very lucky lil boy with a wonderful Mommy.

Old 11-22-2002, 11:21 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 325 / see ticker / 150

Height: 5'4"

Thank you Jennifer....

Life is very trying in this household but we make it through. Those smiles and kisses and acomplishments really help though.
Closed Thread