Old 12-17-2010, 09:01 AM   #16  
Calorie counter

Height: 5'4.5"

All things in moderation for me. But yesterday I indulged in hot chocolate and a homemade gingerbread man (fun!) after sledding with the family and made myself sick! Blech. Apparently I don't indulge well anymore. LOL! But I seem to nibble here and there just fine.
Eliana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 09:24 AM   #17  
Girl Gone Strong

S/C/G: (H)247/(C)159/(Goal)142-138

Height: 5'3"

I'm holding out well with exercise and with food, but I feel cracks spreading through my granite wall.

Some Christmas gifts that I've ordered online have not yet arrived, and one package that the tracking thingy online for the U.S.P.S. priority mail said was delivered last night WASN'T THERE. And we've had mail stolen recently at our co-op. I am FREAKED OUT by this.

I just got hit with an overwhelming project last night, which involves reconciling two years' worth of manually kept spreadsheets on published documents with document page view metrics from my company's website for these documents.

And I have an ongoing project of 41 short documents [EDITED: thank goodness, just 11 left, as I've already done 30!!!!] to edit, and four new documents to write.

It's one of those holiday seasons where everyone wants everything done before the Christmas-to-New-Year's week.

This is probably what's made me able to control what I'm eating, because it feels like it's the only thing within my control.

I just don't want this all to end with a massive binge on New Year's Day. I want to come down gently, gently. Lying in a tub, in scented water.

Last edited by saef; 12-17-2010 at 10:39 AM.
saef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 09:43 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 264/202/163

Height: 5'4"

I'm hanging in there too! and proud of it! Oh I did accidently eat a couple of cookies I had baked and promptly gave them away to get them out of the house!@
stacygee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 10:29 AM   #19  
I'm Just a Little Crazy

S/C/G: 250/215/170

Height: 5'9"

I was doing pretty bad. I was having a hard time with anxiety and went to my Dr who put me on drugs. I am feeling SO much better... So I have not been stuffing my face to stuff down the anxiety. I know my weight has gone up, but I think it is going back down again (I am refusing to step on the scale).

My aunt and I are hanging out tomorrow. I will try to eat sensibly, but I know I will over do it with calories.

I have been bad with the exercise. I am just trying to do as much damage control as I can and then I will go back to the grind in January. In Jan. my sis and I are going to start running together on Saturday mornings.

My friend is coming over on Sunday to take a bunch of stuff out of my basement. I am giving her a lot of my craft supplies to donate to the school she works at. Then I am taking the room in the basement where all my crafts were and turning it into a bit of a "santuary". I am putting my treadmill down there and my yoga mat and weights. It will be a place I can go when I am stressed or anxious and need to take a break.

Anyway... I think I am rambling.
SCraver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 10:46 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 278/see ticker/168

Height: 5'6"

I picked a really bad time to switch plans, that's for sure. I just wanted a break from low carb for a couple weeks so I could indulge in winter goodies that are healthy, like oatmeal, fruits, yogurt... but um, the "light" eggnog snuck in, as did a few other sugary, unhealthy items and it is really, really hard for me to cut them back out now. I am doing pretty weel every day up through afternoon and then losing it (not bingeing, but going overboard). UGH.
Lyn2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 11:38 AM   #21  
Calorie Counter-Runner

S/C/G: 309/158/164

Height: 5'8

it's odd, last year I didnt have any holiday temptations. This year, everytime I turn around I'm going out to eat with someone, at a party or getting indulgent choices everywhere. Several times this month my calories have been from typical 1600 cal days to 2500 cal days. I put myself on a concious effort to not 'stress' about losing but instead focus on staying on track with fitness and take each day as it's own. Not worry about tomorrow or yesterday! Deciding if this is working for me so I dont become complacent with my calories this week. Today I'm on track with a 4 mile run and about an 400 calories in so far and have a Christmas Party tonight. Plan ahead, I'm eating before I go and if I eat something it will be NOT be a sugar food it will be something of value somehow- healthy carb or vegetable or something, or not at all.

Is it just me, but dont you want to seem like you are eating at a party so they see that you didnt lose weight by starving yourself? LOL. Maybe it's just me that thinks like that.
twinmommaplusone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 12:05 PM   #22  

Height: 5'5"

now that I'm retired I don't have any office goodies to worry about; I actually don't like chocolate and don't have a sweet tooth (so how did I gain all this weight). I will be alone with my husband on Christmas this year so I am going to get one dessert for him and skip it for me since I only eat it cause it's a "holiday" LOL. I'm still doing really well with my exercising, it's been over a year of four times a week now, so I'm proud of myself for that.
PaulaM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 12:28 PM   #23  
slim endgame

S/C/G: 255/see ticker/150

Height: 5' 4"

It started out ok the first of the month but it seems that the past few day's have been harder. I'm still on plan but have been having day dreams about eating something decadent. I finally made an angel food cake. I fixed me a slice in a bowl and smothered it with 1/4 of a can of lite peaches. It was really good! And I left the rest of the cake for my husband to enjoy. He is slim.
This morning I was looking at the calendar and thinking all this terrible temptation will soon ease up with Christmas ending soon.
This is the first time I have ever watched my calories during the holiday's. I really feel good- like I am stronger than I thought I was!
goal4agirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 01:29 PM   #24  
one choice at a time

S/C/G: 275/155/189/???

Went to my group's Christmas party at work today. I took one look at the lunch spread - lasagna, chicken Caesar salad (already dressed), crackers, dip, cheese, cupcakes, and pastries - and thought "no." It looked good, but not good enough to be worth it.

I went and sat down with some co-workers without fixing myself a plate of anything at all. A couple people asked "aren't you eating?" I just said "no, thanks, I'll get some lunch a little later." They dropped it, no one gave me a hard time or tried to push food on me - in my experience, people just don't care that much about what I eat or don't eat.

After my closest co-worker (one of a vanishingly small number of people who knows I am watching what I eat) came back to the table with a couple of the pastries, she looked at me and said "don't you get tempted?" I said, "YES." Of course I get tempted. The pastries look good. But at this point it's easier for me just to not eat any. They aren't so special that there won't be another chance to eat pastries like them.

After the party I went over to the office cafeteria and got my usual very tasty and satisfying veggie-packed turkey sandwich.
carter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 03:17 PM   #25  
Not Giving Up!

S/C/G: 351/ticker/160

Height: 5'7"

I'm hanging in there ...

I kind of went off the rails over Thanksgiving and that was a hard lesson to learn. I'm just now getting done with undoing the damage I did weight-wise. I'm sticking to my exercise regimen (it helps having a training plan outlined for a spring race) and I'm being judicious in what I allow myself to have and where and when I want to indulge - as opposed to the free-for-all grazing I did the week of Thanksgiving.

I'm hoping the consequences of my Thanksgiving actions along with my goals, plans, etc. will be enough to keep me strong through these next couple of weeks.
LitChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 04:45 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 344/119/116

Height: 5'1"

I'm hanging in there! I'm not much of a sweets person, so that has helped. But yesterday in a meeting, a BIG pile of cookies went by and DANG they smelled good. I passed and took a swig of water - I hope no one was looking at my face....LOL

Today we had the big office party - fortunately the boss brings shrimp every year - I looked it up and shrimp are surprisingly low in calories (well, I was surprised, anyway) so I took some shrimp, a couple of pieces of cheese and 3 veggie crackers. I wanted a roll really bad but didn't take one. I also passed on the dessert but then someone brought over a plate of big brownies to the table I was sitting at - I still passed. And the skinny ***** next to me ate 2. I resisted the urge to punch her.

Oh, and I've worked out every day this week. So yay.
CherryPie99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 05:44 PM   #27  
Maintainer since 12/21/10

S/C/G: 260/144/145

So far, so good.

Friday, I went to a buffet dinner and did pretty well--some turkey and burnt ends with barbecue sauce, salad, half a deviled egg, and a small piece of bread (I like the end pieces)--no dessert.

Wednesday was my department's holiday lunch. I had a couple of pieces of turkey and about a tablespoon of beef (no sauce this time), and a few small pieces of fruit (grapes, pineapple, cantaloupe). No starchy side dishes and no dessert.

Tonight I have another barbecue dinner where I plan to eat similarly. Tomorrow night I'm going out for Japanese food with a friend and have my meal planned out. Sunday night is a church dinner where I plan to eat moderately.

I went noticeably over at Thanksgiving--it was worth it, but I'm trying to be particularly careful now because I really, *really* want to weigh in at goal on Monday. I already weighed in at goal yesterday, one pound higher today. I won't be heartbroken if I weigh in at 146 rather than 145 on Monday, but it's actually provided good incentive not to go overboard the last few days.
Oboegal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 07:49 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 214/148.6/130

Height: 5'7"

ugh. i am doing okay- but not great, truthfully. i have a big holiday party tomorrow- but it's more than the parties that's getting me. it's the cold, the rain, the sun going down early...it just makes me want to EAT!

i was hoping to be under 155 by christmas, but it's not looking too likely now. :-(
socalfelicity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 07:56 PM   #29  
Jeri

S/C/G: 286/142.6/150/new goal 140

Height: 5-4

I'm hanging in here, too. I've been having more "treats" than usual, but they are always within my calorie allotment. I'm up a couple of pounds, though, due to a med change.
eclipse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 11:39 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 297/198/190

Height: 5'8"

Today was our office holiday potluck. I packed a super healthy and delicious lunch: red cabbage, butternut squash and salmon. Then, I forgot my lunch! Instead I tried to choose from the luncheon. It was hard to find anything healthy, but I picked and chose and ended up still hungry. I HATE that! Skipped all of the desserts....
ubergirl is offline   Reply With Quote