Old 10-18-2010, 02:07 AM   #1  
Kickin PCOS's Butt!

S/C/G: 240/Ticker/150 Ultimate Goal

Height: 5' 3"

Default I never "finish" anything...

and the same goes for what's happening with my weight loss right now. I never finish stuff, no matter what my goals are. Sometimes I write them all down, make myself sign it, and it is forgotten the next day. I hate this about myself...it makes me feel like I am lazy. Sometimes its fear...sometimes laziness, sometimes I get bored, sometimes I just forget. I don't know how to fix it.
I am having another down day today. I know that its me making the choices that will make me not finish things. But honestly sometimes it feels like someone else takes control of my brain at times...and I am not even aware of making these decisions.
I don't know where exactly I am going, but its on my mind. Today, yesterday and the day before have TOTALLY been eating my feelings...and I am sick of it....
PinkHoodie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 02:54 AM   #2  
Oneder Bound

S/C/G: 287/ticker/150ish

Height: 5'5"

Oh gosh do I know where you are at right now. I use to do this to myself all the time. I would right out contracts or make deals with friends that I would go to the gym 4 days a week or eat sign my life away in agreeance (sp?) that I would not eat carbs for a month! You know, I never followed through with them...you know why? Because they were BS!!! I forced myself into things that I just was not ready for or I know I would never do. Weight loss is frustrating as it is and putting myself through all of these promises that I never went through on just made it worse. Sometimes you just have to dabble in a few things and see what works best for you.

I also see weight loss as something you HAVE to be ready for--physically and mentally. Those promises, contracts, pinky swears and pacts I made in the past were all during times that I just wasn't ready for deep down. That sounds kinda cheesy now that I read that back to myself but it was true for me. I know I am ready now and all those promises I made to myself in the past have somehow just come in naturally without telling myself I would do them, I just did them. So far it has paid off.

Maybe consider throwing out the idea that you promised yourself that you're going to do it and just do it. I remember vividly the first day I did this. I had signed up for a gym membership about 3 weeks prior and hadn't gone since the day I walked in to sign the paperwork. My homework was done, my house was clean and there was NOTHING else to do until bed time. So I though ahhh EF it, I'll go. I got up, and without thinking about the opposition, just went. That was May 24, 2010. The first day of my new life. I try not to let myself think of what I could be doing instead of exercising or setting up my calories for the day. Rather I just go and do it. I rarely ever regret it. Whats the worst that could happen? I have to leave the gym because I all of a sudden remember I had to do something?

Anyway, I have gone off on a rambling mess here so I do apologize but I hope you got my point. My motto in life now-to which I have named my blog-Just Do It.
ShellydeFlores is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 08:20 AM   #3  
Calorie counter

Height: 5'4.5"

Maybe your promises are too large. Maybe make them smaller. I feel like what you're talking about is the same thing as setting goals. I work better with small goals that I can remember and conquer.
Eliana is offline   Reply With Quote