Old 09-02-2010, 09:24 PM   #16  

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandalinn82 View Post
If you're still looking for fizzies to scratch your throat, sparkling mineral water is awesome. And calorie/chemical/artificial sweetener free!
I agree. I'm quite the Talking Rain junkie now!
Windchime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 12:11 AM   #17  
WW Moderator

Eliana, I have terrible allergy problems too, and I know what you're talking about. Drainage is just gross! I'm not seeing any difference with my antihistamines, either. I've been using a neti pot more though, and I think that is helping more than the antihistamines ever did. My HCP swears that if I use it twice a day that the ill effects of allergies will be practically gone.
Jennifer 3FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 11:00 AM   #18  
Calorie counter

Height: 5'4.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennifer 3FC View Post
Eliana, I have terrible allergy problems too, and I know what you're talking about. Drainage is just gross! I'm not seeing any difference with my antihistamines, either. I've been using a neti pot more though, and I think that is helping more than the antihistamines ever did. My HCP swears that if I use it twice a day that the ill effects of allergies will be practically gone.
I've heard of this. I only just heard about it last Spring when a co-worker mentioned it. So it really works, huh?
Eliana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 12:11 PM   #19  

I'm a huge coke drinker. And once I start, I have a really hard time stopping. It's a caffeine sugar rush. Anyhow, I've stopped now. And I'm hoping to be where you are - 10 months free of coke.

ReitmansFatGirl
ReitmansFatGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 12:46 PM   #20  
it IS all about me!!!

S/C/G: 295/see ticker/165ish

Height: 5'8"

For those of you struggling to get off of soda, perhaps SweetLeaf Liquid Stevia drops might help. I never cared much for soda, but struggled to get enough water down because it's so danged boring tasting. Now my water can taste like anything from root beer to apricot nectar, for 0 calories and absolutely no artificial sweeteners. Use sparkling water and it's a lot like drinking soda. Amazon has the stevia drops far cheaper than my local health food store. They've helped me a lot with my palate fatigue issues - now I get enough water and can jazz up the flavor of my protein shakes. Good stuff.
RobinD is offline   Reply With Quote