Old 08-27-2010, 04:31 PM   #16  
Back on Track to Healthy

S/C/G: since 4/16/10 - 260/Ticker/165

Height: 5' 7"

Something just like that happened to me about 3 years ago. I felt like I had to go to the bathroom but couldn't. I broke out in a cold sweat and was dizzy and crampy. I was at work and they took me to the ER and it turns out I had a kink in my colon and it was preventing me from going to the bathroom. The cramps were bad because my body was trying to make me go. My dr told me to hydrate and eat high fiber for a few days and if I need to, laxative or enema. It worked itself out and I have not had an episode since. A simple x-ray showed the kink and it was all good. It is best to go to the dr and let them diagnose it.
saram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 11:52 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 278/see ticker/150

Height: 5'4

I don't think it was food poisoning, as it was just one trip to the bathroom. I don't think it was anyway, but I've also never had food poisoning before.

I just wish my bathroom habits were freaking normal. Somethings always going kind of screwy in that area
Smiling_Sara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 01:33 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 129/108/108

Height: 5' 3 1/2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovemyboy View Post
I get exactly those symptoms but from food allergies. Sorry you are dealing with this.
^This.
Petite Powerhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 01:47 PM   #19  

Certain foods I am sensitive too give me the symptoms you describe.

I think if the eggs were the tainted ones, you'd had a longer duration of symptoms than you describe.

Last edited by Bunti; 08-29-2010 at 01:47 PM.
Bunti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 03:41 PM   #20  
Owned by Dixie

Height: 5'4"

EVERYONE should know that a clonoscopy is no big deal. The prep is not fun, mostly becaus it is usually 3 days of a resticte diet and then clear liquids and aybe dulcolax before the solution you have to drink.
ANY good GI doc will give youplent of sedation so you won't feel a thing
my advice is to schedual for first in the morning so that you can basicly skip breakfast.
A colonoscopy can give you a base line for the future and if there is irritation, depending on where the dr can tell you what might be causing the irritation.
I have had crohn's and colitis for over 25 years. when I am in a full blown flair up, i get the cold sweats, dizzy and I vomit and it has nothing to do with the time of day.

I don't mean to scare you, If you are lucky this is nothing and you can have a baseling for a colonoscopy for the future, if it does turn out to be something, the colon ususally does not heal itself and the right medications can do wonders and go a long way into solving some if not all of your issues.
L144S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 09:48 AM   #21  

Quote:
Originally Posted by L144S View Post
EVERYONE should know that a clonoscopy is no big deal. The prep is not fun, mostly becaus it is usually 3 days of a resticte diet and then clear liquids and aybe dulcolax before the solution you have to drink.
ANY good GI doc will give youplent of sedation so you won't feel a thing
my advice is to schedual for first in the morning so that you can basicly skip breakfast.
A colonoscopy can give you a base line for the future and if there is irritation, depending on where the dr can tell you what might be causing the irritation.
I have had crohn's and colitis for over 25 years. when I am in a full blown flair up, i get the cold sweats, dizzy and I vomit and it has nothing to do with the time of day.

I don't mean to scare you, If you are lucky this is nothing and you can have a baseling for a colonoscopy for the future, if it does turn out to be something, the colon ususally does not heal itself and the right medications can do wonders and go a long way into solving some if not all of your issues.
I do realize that one is not a big deal, but like I said in the orig post, if I ger dizzy and cold break out in a sweat over one episode of diarrhea, how will I be able to endure a whole day of prep? It is my understanding, that you basically have diarrhea for half a day? So, I'm basically terrified of being in the process of this, and getting all dizzy and passing out or something. Pretty much my worst fear.

I realize I need one done to see why I go from constipated to diarrhea, have blood in my Bowels more often than not, etc. It's just so irritating.
Old 08-30-2010, 09:53 AM   #22  

In my experience, the kind of clean out most people get with colonoscopy prep is not like the diarrhea you get when you have food poisonning. Yes you will be sitting on the toilet for a while and repeatedly but it tends not to be the explosive diarrhea one gets when one is ill. So, go for it and find out what is the problem!
cestlavie22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 09:54 AM   #23  
One day at a time!

S/C/G: 301/see ticker/160

Height: 5' 2"

Quote:
have blood in my Bowels more often than not
I did not catch this earlier. Blood in your stools is an important reason to see a doctor as soon as possible!
time2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 01:50 PM   #24  
Owned by Dixie

the prep is not a day and a half of diarrea. It is 3 days of a restricted diet, calle a low residue diet and then usually one day of a liquid diet, dulcolax to soften the stool and then a drink (varries by Dr.) that you drink a galss about every 15 min. it takes about 2 hours to drink the whole thing (those with digestive issues tend to be told to drink until you run clear for me it was about 1/2 the solution) and then you will essentially go but it is like water. I will admit that the prep (drink) is the worst part and trust me with ACTIVE Crohn's and Colitis I have to do my fair share of tests.

But if you want answers to your problem (ok here is the attitude) you have to put on your big girl panties and do what you have to do to feel better in the end and find the answer to your stomach problem.
Old 08-30-2010, 08:29 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 226/215/160

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
the prep is not a day and a half of diarrea. It is 3 days of a restricted diet, calle a low residue diet and then usually one day of a liquid diet, dulcolax to soften the stool and then a drink (varries by Dr.) that you drink a galss about every 15 min. it takes about 2 hours to drink the whole thing (those with digestive issues tend to be told to drink until you run clear for me it was about 1/2 the solution) and then you will essentially go but it is like water. I will admit that the prep (drink) is the worst part and trust me with ACTIVE Crohn's and Colitis I have to do my fair share of tests.

But if you want answers to your problem (ok here is the attitude) you have to put on your big girl panties and do what you have to do to feel better in the end and find the answer to your stomach problem.
In my experience the prep varies with the doc. Last time I had a colonoscopy it was one day of restricted food and then the dreaded DRINK (unpleasant tasting). The diahrrea lasted an hour at most, then passed mainly clear fluid. There are obviously different protocols for prep. An experienced gastro should be able to tailor the prep for you.
jessy 49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 08:44 PM   #26  
Clawing my way back

S/C/G: 290/ticker/140

Height: 5'

I've had something similar happen to me, BorntoFly. In my case, they were gall bladder attacks. After I had that removed, I've been okay.
Ookpik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 11:24 AM   #27  

Quote:

Yes, I know it needs to be done. Appt is set for Sept 24. From what I have read when I went for the consult, it's 4 ducolax pills and a bottle of miralax. I'm not even overly scared about drinking all thsi stuff, it's mostly the idea of getting so dizzy while in the process of um, cleaning myself out. Not much worse than that feeling.
Old 09-07-2010, 12:20 PM   #28  
Owned by Dixie

Excellent on making the apt!!!
You will be fine. Dulcolax is just a softener. Recomend 2 the night before also. Remember no red, blue or purple flavor mix. It can read as blood. Also gummy bears, excluding colors above got me through my clear liquid day. Let us know how it turns out.
Old 09-07-2010, 04:22 PM   #29  

S/C/G: SW 246 /CW 229 /GW 150

Height: 5 ' 1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMarie View Post
Instead of going to a general doctor, go to a gastroenterologist. I messed around with a general doc for almost a year with no relief.
agree with this ^^^^^
catowned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 10:27 AM   #30  

Quote:
Excellent on making the apt!!!
You will be fine. Dulcolax is just a softener. Recomend 2 the night before also. Remember no red, blue or purple flavor mix. It can read as blood. Also gummy bears, excluding colors above got me through my clear liquid day. Let us know how it turns out.
I don't know, I bought some dulcolax suppositories a while back, and it even says on there that it may cause faintness? Maybe the reg pills are different. But even without anything, just having diarrhea, I can get dizzy and feel like I may faint. And every time I've taken a laxative ( other then miralax ) like corectol, I have woken up in the middle of the night with the sweats and once it starts I get very dizzy.

I must just have a very weak system or something. But I know I need peace of mind with this. It's been going on much to long. A nurse is going to be calling with instructions, and hopfully I just remember to tell her about dizzyness, and maybe they can prescible something for that at the same time. IDK.