Old 06-08-2010, 06:09 PM   #1  
On a Mission to Mini Me

S/C/G: 284/255.8/170

Height: 5ft 3in

Question Water intake with a prescription h2o pill???

Ok, I try to drink alot of water during the day. Usually between 3 liters to a gallon. Today my dr put me on a diuretic or prescription water pill for my feet swelling up due to another ailment. I didn't think to ask him this, but do you think I should drink as much water, or lesson the amount a bit??
Aydenzmoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 06:14 PM   #2  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aydenzmoma View Post
Ok, I try to drink alot of water during the day. Usually between 3 liters to a gallon. Today my dr put me on a diuretic or prescription water pill for my feet swelling up due to another ailment. I didn't think to ask him this, but do you think I should drink as much water, or lesson the amount a bit??
Your doctor is aware of your medical condition and we are not, so I think it would be best to get advice from him. Give him a call.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 06:21 PM   #3  
On a Mission to Mini Me

S/C/G: 284/255.8/170

Height: 5ft 3in

Well its not really an ailment, lol. My foot just swells when it is really hot out. No rhyme or reason. We can't figure out why. So we are trying a low dose of h2o pill for a few weeks to see how it effects my blood pressure.
Aydenzmoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 06:26 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 263/ticker/156

Height: 5'7"

I'd definitely ask your doctor or the pharmacist, and make sure they understand how much water you normally drink as they might base the answer on assuming you are drinking more like 64 oz a day.
PeanutsMom704 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 06:33 PM   #5  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aydenzmoma View Post
Well its not really an ailment, lol. My foot just swells when it is really hot out. No rhyme or reason. We can't figure out why. So we are trying a low dose of h2o pill for a few weeks to see how it effects my blood pressure.
Regardless - the doctor is the expert and we are not. He really is the one you need to be asking this question to.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 06:59 PM   #6  
Loser :-)

S/C/G: 273/251/175

Height: 5ft8

Default Call the Pharmacist

That is your best bet. No one here really knows what your Drs. thinking was nor what the Pharmacist thinks.

I say call the Pharmacist rather than the Dr. as the Pharm is usually MUCH easier to get a hold of for instant answers.
Michelle98272 is offline   Reply With Quote