34 jeans!

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • Today I'm wearing a size 34 pants. I probably shouldn't be wearing jeans to work, but they are black and so I should be able to get away with it.

At one point I was wearing pants with a waist size of 56 and those were getting tight!

The weight loss is pretty much stagnant. However, I've been lifting a lot of weights and my body fat percentage is now down to 19.1% (ideally, I'd like this to be around 12-15%). I'm still right around 220 pounds.

Yesterday I walked in a charity event and ended up walking around 12 miles in total. The event was just 3 miles, but I walked the route a couple of times and walked to the event and back home.

I put some pictures up on facebook of the BARCC walk. You should be able to see the pictures here even if you don't have a facebook account.
  • Dang, 19%?! I'd love to be there! I know the percentage is different for men, but still. I'm currently off the chart.

I had to do a double take on your title because I'm so used to women's sizes. A woman's 34 is a LOT different than a men's 34. LOL!
  • Yeah, me too. I was reading it as a woman's 34--very different

Congratulations on moving down that many sizes.
  • Maybe I should edit the title!
  • Congrats, Matt! That's a tremendous accomplishment!! You're looking great!
  • Quote: Maybe I should edit the title!
    No, no, not at all! I can't speak for everyone, but I find it amusing.

Congratulations again!! I know my husband looks forward to that day. He just graduated to 36, in a downward direction.
  • 19 percent body fat!! jesus congrats!!! im 49 LOL.. Keep at it!! you truly inspire me
  • That's awesome!!!!! What a terrific feeling!
  • Matt on getting into size 34 jeans! Looks like you had a beautiful Spring day for the walk. Also, looks like they had a great turnout for the walk.
  • Yay, Matt!!
    Quote: Today I'm wearing a size 34 pants.
    I wore size 33 Levi's in High School. I pulled out a pair of those not to long ago while Jean shopping for my boyfriend. 33's are TINY! 34's are only an inch less tiny.

Way to go, Matt. You are downright physically fit! (Was going to say skinny but that makes it sound like a bad thing!) I am sooo impressed! Just checked out your FB pics. The pic in the middle of the page with you in your t-shirt, you look so wonderfully comfortable in your new body!

Thank you so much for your continued input here, you are truly an inspiration!
  • Lol
    Quote: Yeah, me too. I was reading it as a woman's 34--very different

Congratulations on moving down that many sizes.
    Even a 34 from a 56 would be a huge-o accomplishment! But a woman's 34 to a man's 34, a world of difference. Don't change it though, Matt. We get what you mean by context.

• Good goin'. 19.1% BF is a great accomplishment.
  • All of what you have done is a great accomplishment - 34s are VERY trim. I hope you keep coming back to 3FC to play when you make goal.
  • Matt - this is a fantastic accomplishment!

• Congrats Matt!