Old 04-18-2010, 06:38 AM   #31  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

Hi chicks...the fundraiser went great yesterday, I ate healthfuly and did the 'sitting down' stuff (because of my foot). DH ordered himself pizza last night - at first I thought I'd 'die' not eating any - but, I pushed through and thoroughly enjoy my lc mac and cheese.

Today my mom is coming to dinner. I have to rest my pieces and parts because of my busy, busy day yesterday.

I hope everyone has a great day.
Beverlyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 07:46 AM   #32  
mj5

S/C/G: 299/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4''

Hi everyone! It was SO nice to have hubby home on a Saturday for a change. He ran errands w/ me, helped clean (started some spring cleaning), and were busy most of the day. When we finally sat down, he was like "wow, I'm tired..." hehehehehe, now he knows what I do on a Saturday while he is at work! LOL!!!!

Beverlyjoy--We are having a similiar day today....a rest day. My knee is a little sore from all of the running around yesterday, so chilling w the dogs today.

For dinner we are having turkey burgers w/ feta and spinach. i can't wait to try them! they are pre-formed, I found them at our grocery store the other night. They are a little expensive, but if I like them, we'll find a recipe and make our own. Some roasted veggies and salad will round out dinner.

Have a great OP day everyone!
mj5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 10:35 AM   #33  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

Hello ladies, remember me? I am so happy to see so many of the same faces here, still fighting the good fight. I haven't been around 3fc much in so long, and I've missed you. The last year has been challenging, particularly the last 6 mos. The winter seemed so long and DH has been at sea since January. Everyone left the team I supported at work and I can't seem to develop a good relationship with the new folks. Really, I can't stand them. And I've had some health issues the last couple of months that have made exercising very difficult. As a result of all this, plus lots of bad decisions, I've gained back 30 of the 70 lbs I'd lost. I only know this because the doctor insisted on weighing me last week. I haven't been near a scale in months because I didn't want to know. I still can't quite put down that number but let's just say I've knocked myself back out of onederland. So, I've been embarrassed to come around much. But there, I've admitted it! I've tried to get back on plan myself, but I really think the 3fc support is what I've missed.

Well, I didn't come just to whine, I am planning my fresh start tomorrow. Spring seems like the perfect time. Yesterday, we took my grandmother out to lunch for her 95th birthday celebration. I realized if I want to be around to go out to lunch on my 95th birthday, I'd better start taking care of myself again. Today, I will eat sanely, and tomorrow I'll be completely back on plan. I've got my menus planned, and I'll do some cooking today, and make sure there are easy-to-grab on-plan foods in the fridge. I plan to check in every day, if you'll have me. I'm so glad to see BJ, MJ, rakel, Diane, Rhonda, and I can't wait to catch up with you all and get to know the folks I haven't "met" yet.

Today's menu:
B: scrambled eggs & salsa, tomato juice
L: refried bean soup, milk
S: diet, soda or hot tea
D: taco bake
S: skim cocoa w/ splenda

Last edited by Schmoodle; 04-18-2010 at 10:42 AM.
Schmoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 09:22 PM   #34  
is recommitted

S/C/G: 338/see sig/150

Height: 5'6"

Wow. This weekend was exhausting... some personal issues popped up in my family, and I wound up talking to my mom until 3am last night, and then talking to my husband until who knows when, probably around 5am. Got up at 10:00am to get to church, and then drove 1.5hrs to my nieces birthday party, drove back, went to church, and now here I am. Needless to say I am exhausted and will probably go to bed soon.

As for eating, I had a small slice of cake and small scoop of ice cream, and didn't finish it. But it's bad because I have decided that I'm going just going to eliminate that sort of thing for my diet for now. It's not helping me and it ends up making me feel like I'm not really giving this my 100%. Keep me in your thoughts and prayers because this is definitely something I am struggling with. I'm moving on from the thought that as long as I can fit it in my calories... I want to eat food that is worth the calories, not try and fit junk within my calorie range. Other than that, I had some crackers and cheese as a snack before we ate at around 3pm (those late lunches kill me!). Dinner was salad, a small portion of angel hair pasta and tomato sauce, and a reasonable fist-sized portion of chicken with Marsala sauce, and 2 slices of bread. Often I eat fast, and in turn it makes me feel sick after I eat. Today I ate slowly and felt fine. I was not stuffed, but I wasn't hungry afterward. I'm probably not going to eat anything else today, maybe some raw veggies.

I also noticed today that some of my clothes are feeling looser than when I first purchased them not too long ago. My shirt doesn't cling to my midsection as much, and I just purchased it in March. My pants kept falling down a bit, and when I grabbed the extra fabric as I was standing it was a couple inches. I was surprised because I wore them not even 2 weeks ago and they were tighter... I didn't think I had lost that much weight already since I started, but I guess it is moving!

My mom has lost almost 75lbs. She started at the beginning of August. She's going for 100lbs in a year. I'm so proud of her... and talking with her really helps me because I know she struggles with the same things as me... she has inspired me to just get rid of the sweets. Because as much as I would like to think that I can keep it in check, I know that I am never satisfied with it. The fact that she has been able to give them up and not even have a taste for them anymore has encouraged me. Now I just need the strength to resist them. It may not happen overnight but I will keep trying. I don't want to play with fire anymore. I know that sugar is one of my biggest problems when it comes to eating.

OK, so now that I've written a novel, I'm signing off!!

Last edited by rakel; 04-18-2010 at 09:25 PM.
rakel is offline   Reply With Quote