Old 03-04-2010, 11:35 AM   #31  
Calorie counter

Height: 5'4.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuchick View Post
scale-ocide.
Ha, that's funny!

Just made myself a chicken breast and ALOT of veggies. And I think I'll eat the whole breast and not just the half I usually eat.

Punishment over. Thanks!
Eliana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 11:40 AM   #32  

S/C/G: 297/198/190

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayEll View Post
Not if you are following a food plan that's any good... I have never ended up that low in a day because I know when I'm going to be eating. I don't leave it up to chance or level of busy-ness.

Jay
With all due respect, Jay, that seems a little judgmental. You may need to walk a mile in others shoes before you assume that there is no imaginable reason that a person might end up under their calories except for not having a good food plan.

Of course, we all have to be cautious about not letting dipping low be an excuse for binging later, but I know that the normal-weight members of my family occasionally have a day when they barely eat anything-- every single one of them skips lunch because they forget it, or something like that. It's just part of life.
ubergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 11:50 AM   #33  

S/C/G: See Ticker

Height: 5'3.5''

You already know this, but it bears repeating...scales just don't give you the whole picture. I know (all too well) how you are feeling now... like you are doomed to never lose another ounce... but that is certainly not going to happen as long as you keep up the good work.
marigrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 12:59 PM   #34  
Strong is the new Pretty!

S/C/G: 245/ticker/1??

Height: 5'2"

I feel your pain on the difficulty of getting all the food in some days. I have a hard time too. Yesterday I went into my body bugg program to see how many calories I needed to eat for my evening snack and discovered I still needed a little over 500. I got it all in with a glass of o.j., a peanut butter and jelly sandwich, and a glass of milk, but it was annoying. Sometimes when I am having the really not hungry days I will have a slimfast shake with my dinner to get some extra calories since liquid is easier to find room for. I prefer to use real food, but then there are those days.

I am sorry about your scale issues, it could be anything. Try not to let it get you down too much.
FitGirlyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 02:34 PM   #35  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ubergirl
With all due respect, Jay, that seems a little judgmental. You may need to walk a mile in others shoes before you assume that there is no imaginable reason that a person might end up under their calories except for not having a good food plan.

Of course, we all have to be cautious about not letting dipping low be an excuse for binging later, but I know that the normal-weight members of my family occasionally have a day when they barely eat anything-- every single one of them skips lunch because they forget it, or something like that. It's just part of life.
Yeah, uber, except that the OP has now admitted that she in fact deliberately skipped eating foods that she was supposed to eat because she "really wanted to see a good number." That is called going off plan! Usually people go off plan the other direction, but it's possible to do it this way, too. It's not a good way to go, I'm sure you'll agree.

Eliana, I'm glad you've decided to have some good protein! That should help your muscles recover from your workouts.

Jay

Last edited by JayEll; 03-04-2010 at 02:35 PM.
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 03:00 PM   #36  

S/C/G: See Ticker

Height: 5'3.5''

Seriously,girls, I think what we need to start a "scale-o-cide" post here !
marigrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 03:05 PM   #37  
Kim

S/C/G: 256/*ticker*/140

Height: 5'6"

All bodies are different. I eat the same number of points and one week I'll lose 4 pounds and the next week nothing, the next week 3.5 the next week nothing. It's hard not to look at the scale but we all know it's not just about the scale. T

There have been some really good points made here.

Stick with it girlfriend!
Wizzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 05:21 PM   #38  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

Remember - when you step on that scale it is but one moment in time.
This moment is affected by some many things - water. hormones, food, biologics.

Hang in there!
Beverlyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote