about endorphins...

• I'm wondering if this is typical--

I get this very specific feeling-- like a prickly feeling on the back of my neck that spreads up the back of my head and the back of my arms. When I feel that I know I'm going to have an awesome workout!!!

Anybody else?
  • I haven't noticed any particular feeling which follows on with the endorphin rush, but I'll try to be more aware and see if anything does happen.
  • Huh...nothing like that for me. Endorphins hit afterwards for me. I liken it to what alcohol probably feels like to most people. I'm allergic to alcohol and it doesn't react right to me, so I don't get that relaxed, good feeling. But I do with endorphins! My muscles relax and the energy just flows like from a fountain. I get a rush of energy and peace. Love it!
  • I turn into a chatterbox after a good workout. Alcohol just makes me verrrry sleeeeeepy.
  • There is this ...thing that happens to lots of people. I think it's the rush of endorphens when the heart gets pumping. I've heard it called the runners high or a runners orgasam (*blush lol). If I have a realy good workout, just when it starts to get realy difficult and I think gee can i keep this up, I feel it. It's kind of in the same family as goose bumps, but flowey. I dunno how to explain it but it makes me feel awesome. And I usual;y kick it up a notch at that point.

Like today. Today was the best workout I've had in forever and the rush was there.
  • Quote: There is this ...thing that happens to lots of people. I think it's the rush of endorphens when the heart gets pumping. I've heard it called the runners high or a runners orgasam (*blush lol). If I have a realy good workout, just when it starts to get realy difficult and I think gee can i keep this up, I feel it. It's kind of in the same family as goose bumps, but flowey. I dunno how to explain it but it makes me feel awesome. And I usual;y kick it up a notch at that point.

Like today. Today was the best workout I've had in forever and the rush was there.
    Yup! That's it! I had it yesterday during my run-- and as soon as I feel it, I know I'm good to go!

I used to feel something kind of like that pretty predictably exactly fifteen minutes into my swim... but when I run it's more noticeable (probably because I'm in more pain to start out with, LOL)

The other stuff-- the relaxed happy stuff after a workout, I feel that too, but that's not what I'm talking about.
  • Hmm I've never noticed that. I just noticed that I feel great and have more energy. Darn..I kinda feel like I'm missing out.