Old 03-03-2010, 06:51 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 283/253/190

Height: 5'9"

I had a planned cheat today & didn't have it 'cause I didn't want it!
Lifeguard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 10:18 PM   #17  
Not Giving Up!

S/C/G: 351/ticker/160

Height: 5'7"

I was in the mood for a shopping treat, so I went to Ross and got two cute shirts and a pair of cute panties and bra for $29. Take that, Lane Bryant!
LitChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 11:01 PM   #18  
NEVER EVER going back

S/C/G: 377/240's/150

Height: 5 feet 5 inches

I was able to wear a woman's size large (but it's FREAKING TINY) rollerderby tee shirt that I bought like 6 months ago ... yesterday for the first time! It was tight... but it fit!
cfmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 05:33 AM   #19  
I shall be released...

Height: 5'8"

It's been 2 months since I had a fast food burger! I have been a fast food addict my entire life! Even when I was dieting a few years ago, I would crave them constantly and give in at least once a week. Yet, now, I'm really into home cooking and whenever fast food crosses my mind, I just shoot it down and go on. Pretty incredible for me. My favorite fast food burger is Sonic and I haven't had one of those since last fall!
JustSharing83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 09:09 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 288/ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Size 10 jeans.
LisaF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 01:23 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 245/226/145

Height: 5'4"

This seems like such a silly thing to say, but this week I've actually been HUNGRY before my meals. I used to snack so often that I think my body temporarily forgot how to feel hungry because I was always full - feeling my stomach growl before supper is a strangely wonderful feeling for me.
Krysi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 01:44 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 297/198/190

Had to get my picture taken today, and it was a snap to get dressed. In the past, photo shoot spelled humiliating disaster.
ubergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 12:07 AM   #23  
Recommitted: 12/29/2015

S/C/G: 310/ticker/155

Height: 5'6" | Age: 27

I was able to get into and zip up a pair of jeans that I bought two years ago, but have never worn since they were too small! I am officially back to a size 24 in pants! Bonus NSV: Even though I still have a ways to go before goal, I am quite happy with the way I look in my "new" jeans! 8D
Enduring Infinity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 08:41 PM   #24  
Positive Focus

S/C/G: 225/ticker/125

Height: 5'1"

I had a very nice experience today!!

First, I went to a normal department store and was back and forth between the misses and plus sizes frustrated and confused as to what freaking size I need! (Ugh!) I was wearing a pair of jeans in a 16W and the store didn't have 14W, so I didn't know what size to get. The different brands were confusing, too. Some brands the 16W was tight?? I went down to the misses and tried on a 16 thinking that was the next step. Nope, those were WAY to small. I gave up and left. (Double ugh!)

Then, I went to a store that sells clothes in misses and plus sizes. I was on the plus side looking for a 14W when the clerk approached me and asked if she could help. Usually I am too embarrased to say anything and just say that I'm okay. I said that and she pushed a bit. Are you sure? Have you been here before. "Yes", I said. She smiled a bit and said, "I don't think you'll find your size on this side. You might have more luck on the other side." I replied, "You're sweet, but no, this is my side." I finally broke down and just explained that I had lost 25lbs (close enough!) and was really not sure what my size was since my snug 20W's last summer. We chatted and she was really sweet and helped me find clothes to fit me. She seemed really excited to "get" to share in this part of my journey. (Sometimes I really do think that there are angels out there in hiding!) I tried on the misses 16 and again, it was WAY to small. Then we tried the misses 18 and it was perfect! (I am still surprised that there was such a difference in the sizes?) I was so excited to have a pair of jeans that fit me and to have someone in a store treat me with such kindness. I know this is thier job, but I have never let anyone help me before.
BeachBreeze2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 09:27 PM   #25  
Let go laughing

S/C/G: 265/254/150

Height: 5'10"

I haven't had fast food (don't count Subway), cheddar and sour cream chips, or cookies in a month! Those were my worst vices. I still struggle with myself over the fast food and the chips some days, but the cookies (particularly the subway cookies) I have pretty much learned to bypass without a second thought! Yay!
s rosa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 10:12 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 263/ticker/156

Height: 5'7"

went to a kids birthday party and politely passed on pizza and cake and came home and had my big, healthy, yummy salad instead!!
PeanutsMom704 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 10:13 PM   #27  
PCOS/IR/Hypothyroid

Didn't want to workout but did it anyway. Go me!

A.
astrophe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 10:27 PM   #28  

Height: 5'10"

My clothes are fitting so much better already! Got into a khaki skirt this week that I haven't worn in months! Yea!
jewelrymaker81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 07:44 AM   #29  

S/C/G: 297/198/190

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeachBreeze2010 View Post
I had a very nice experience today!!

First, I went to a normal department store and was back and forth between the misses and plus sizes frustrated and confused as to what freaking size I need! (Ugh!) I was wearing a pair of jeans in a 16W and the store didn't have 14W, so I didn't know what size to get. The different brands were confusing, too. Some brands the 16W was tight?? I went down to the misses and tried on a 16 thinking that was the next step. Nope, those were WAY to small. I gave up and left. (Double ugh!)

Then, I went to a store that sells clothes in misses and plus sizes. I was on the plus side looking for a 14W when the clerk approached me and asked if she could help. Usually I am too embarrased to say anything and just say that I'm okay. I said that and she pushed a bit. Are you sure? Have you been here before. "Yes", I said. She smiled a bit and said, "I don't think you'll find your size on this side. You might have more luck on the other side." I replied, "You're sweet, but no, this is my side." I finally broke down and just explained that I had lost 25lbs (close enough!) and was really not sure what my size was since my snug 20W's last summer. We chatted and she was really sweet and helped me find clothes to fit me. She seemed really excited to "get" to share in this part of my journey. (Sometimes I really do think that there are angels out there in hiding!) I tried on the misses 16 and again, it was WAY to small. Then we tried the misses 18 and it was perfect! (I am still surprised that there was such a difference in the sizes?) I was so excited to have a pair of jeans that fit me and to have someone in a store treat me with such kindness. I know this is thier job, but I have never let anyone help me before.
This is SO AWESOME beach breeze!

I know what you mean, as I've been hanging around that spot that is just between 14W, 16, and regular 18 for several months now and it is SO HARD to figure out exactly where to shop!

After shopping exclusively in plus departments for almost 20 years, I also get paralyzed with embarassment when I have to talk to shop people.

When I come out of the dressing room and say, "did you have any luck with anything?" I've always taken that as a comment on my weight... that it would take a stroke of luck to find anything that fit.

Now, I realize they say that to everyone...

Just think-- pretty soon, you won't be wearing a Misses 18-- it will be somewhere in the middle of the size range, and won't that be great!
ubergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 08:46 AM   #30  
Positive Focus

S/C/G: 225/ticker/125

Height: 5'1"

Thanks uber!

It did make me feel like I was on my way. I have a pair of 18s from New York and Co that are about as small on me as the 16s were yesterday. I think thier sizes run small? Anyway, the idea that I can go to a store that has sizes 0-18 and fit in one of them is pretty amazing. I want to go to another store today just to try on clothes! That is a sign that something's changed!! I have always HATED that! LOL! Definitely a new beginning!
BeachBreeze2010 is offline   Reply With Quote