Old 02-10-2010, 11:40 AM   #31  
Bodacious Babe

S/C/G: 259/ticker/150

Height: 5' 4"

As a newbie trying to fit in.... I love how close everyone is here... that's what makes it work!!! I feel comfy on this board, because I know others are going thru the same thing I am... and we can talk about it!!!
I am soo thankful for this board... and plan on jumpin in any minute!! hehehe lol
Selena...
GiddyupKaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 11:43 AM   #32  
Kim

S/C/G: 256/*ticker*/140

Height: 5'6"

I'm here for just that reason. To be able to share with people that share my battle. To know that I'm not the only one who faces the same demons. You seem like a really caring group and that's what I need.
Wizzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 12:25 PM   #33  
aka Sarah

S/C/G: 289/193/159

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by saef View Post
Look, one of the reasons I got fat & stayed fat so long was that I was in denial about my body & living my life from the neck up. ...Talking with people freely about bodily things & sharing all those old secret discomforts is part of my trying to change the way I am living & dealing with life.
As the daughter of an alcoholic (my mom, who has 20 years of sobriety and is very active in her AA community), I have to say that I think this is a key point. One of the most important pieces of self-work that is done in AA is to stop hiding and start telling the truth to oneself, and to others. To stop living in denial.

TMI is part of not living in denial. We are all human, many (not all) of us are physically female. There is a lot we share, and being honest about what happens is a way to support ourselves and others.

Not everyone who posts here is food-addicted or sugar-addicted or anything like that, of course, but many of us are. I hid in my sugar and caffeine habit for years, and part of not hiding anymore is to Tell The Truth.
WarMaiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 12:29 PM   #34  
Out is Through

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt_H View Post
Its okay. I'm used to it by now

Creeech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 12:41 PM   #35  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
And then there's different degrees of food orthodoxy, which leads to the ongoing Soda Wars. You don't want to be in a thread when someone starts talking about whether it's okay to drink soda or not & how much.

I'd much rather read threads on armpit hollows, constipation, periods behaving weirdly & under-the-breast rashes than get involved in any discussions on low-carbing and Diet Coke.
This made me laugh out loud. For the record, the posts about armpit hollows are also much easier to keep pleasant and on-track!
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 12:52 PM   #36  
Changing behaviours

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Are you kidding? I love the TMI stuff. That's what I read first, anything with TMI in the title.

There can never be too much TMI!!!!
^^ Yep, totally agree!
Fressca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 12:54 PM   #37  
is determined!

S/C/G: 208/194.5/130

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Ah, yes, the dangerous shoals of 3FC.

In my mind, the various diets are like religious sects (probably it's the lingo, with the "induction" & going through clearly demarcated phases) & you do not go into any of them as an unbeliever, or you may be stoned. Stay in the church where you were raised. You'll be happier there.

And then there's different degrees of food orthodoxy, which leads to the ongoing Soda Wars. You don't want to be in a thread when someone starts talking about whether it's okay to drink soda or not & how much.

I'd much rather read threads on armpit hollows, constipation, periods behaving weirdly & under-the-breast rashes than get involved in any discussions on low-carbing and Diet Coke.
I'm so glad I saw this thread before finding any of the Soda/Food wars threads. I'm considering myself warned and will steer clear!
evoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 12:56 PM   #38  
Living and Learning

S/C/G: 304/see ticker/140

Height: 5' 3"

It's why I love this group!
gumboot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 01:01 PM   #39  
Never want to go back!

S/C/G: 338.4/190.8/165

Height: 6 ft

I wouldn't want to hang out anywhere else than with my crazy 3FC buddies when it comes to this stuff!
CLCSC145 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 01:02 PM   #40  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by evoo View Post
I'm so glad I saw this thread before finding any of the Soda/Food wars threads. I'm considering myself warned and will steer clear!
oh you are SO going to fit right on in here...
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 01:46 PM   #41  

S/C/G: 264/244/130

Height: 5'4"

I'm new hear as well, and I just jumped in both feet and I'll have to say everyone has been very understanding, helpful, and encouraging. I'm am very guilty of the TMI as I just blurted out my life drama on here yesterday. If feels good to get it off my chest and when I'm here typing I'm not eating. Today has been a bad day and not sure why. I've been super hungry feel like eating all day. I'm up to 20 points already and only have 13 left for remander of the day. Nothing has caused this, no ex call, no baby drama, no horse drama (yet). I'm actually about to post another TMI lol
moveforward73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 02:43 PM   #42  

S/C/G: 297/198/190

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeanutsMom704 View Post
I have definitely shared things here that I haven't been able to tell anyone IRL. I think that is a major, major part of why people here have such a good success rate! We all need at least one place where we have the freedom to be as honest as we need to be.
Oh me too! Me too!

It was such a profound relief for me to find out I was not the only person who had ever cracked a toilet seat!
ubergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 02:55 PM   #43  

I have to say too that the TMI stuff is quite interesting because it's stuff that happens to many of us, but not all of us have found the courage or words to share it yet. I'm slowly working myself out of lurkdom, but have enjoyed reading everyone else's TMI stories, defeats, and victories!
absster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 03:41 PM   #44  
NEVER EVER going back

S/C/G: 377/240's/150

Height: 5 feet 5 inches

You HAVE to be crazy to belong here so it's all good
cfmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 04:36 PM   #45  
Counting away!

S/C/G: 217/211/122

Height: 5'3

Quote:
Originally Posted by evoo View Post

I do like Rachel, but my screen name is just a carry over from another message board. I joined with a friend/member from there so thought I'd make it easy for her to find me. Though, to confuse things more it *does* stand for Extra Virgin Olive Oil, just not because of Rachel.
Consider yourself found! I have been searching all over... I get distracted with all the before/after photos...

And I admit it: I got lost in the mini-goals section.

Quote:
There can never be too much TMI!!!!
EEP!
parkedout is offline   Reply With Quote