I survived Olive Garden!

• My 90 year old grandma LOOOVES to go out to dinner with us; it's the only thing she'll do with us really. And she loves Olive Garden as well. So tonight was one of those nights. Usually, Olive Garden for me meant breadsticks, fried calamari, and some dish with alfredo sauce.

TODAY however, I had 1 small serving of salad, half a breadstick, 3 pieces of calamari(my yiayia's favorite), and ONE THIRD of the plate of the chicken marsala.Was it perfect? Absolutely not. I don't want to be perfect. But it was certainly better and a vast vast improvement. No white, cream sauce. Only 3 pieces of calamari. SO. MUCH. BETTER
  • okay now I'm hungry... lol!!!!

GOOD FOR YOU!!!!
  • Congrats!
  • Oooops sorry, didn't mean to make anyone hungry. I definitely want to ignore the leftovers in my fridge(I am sorry, I am way too cheap to throw away 2 chicken breasts and half a cup of veggies

Carbs: they are a full-on Monet for me. From far away they seem good, but upon closer examination they are just a big ole mess.
  • Good for you! It's challenging to go to old favorite restaurants and see what you have to do now as compared to what you used to do!
  • That's awesome! Good job!
  • Congrats! I am glad that you have worked out how to continue good family activities without blowing your plan. I think that is a big key to being successful. Way to go!
  • Good job! Last time I went to olive garden I filled up on salad lol.
  • Olive Garden is easy for me - I looooove their apricot chicken and it is very reasonable in calories. Good work staying on plan, the breadsticks are the toughest for me!

As for the leftovers, I also hate wasting food, but you are not a trash can! I started a rule way back when I started in 2004 to never take food home from a restaurant. Restaurant food is special occasion food, a one time event for me (my only exception is the scallop with spinach side dish I get at P.F. Chang's, I order it knowing I'm going to get 2 healthy meals out of it).
  • ohh sounds good!! way to go
  • congrats on overcoming the temptation!
  • Don't worry, I share my leftovers