Old 07-30-2009, 08:41 AM   #31  
mj5

S/C/G: 299/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4''

Good Morning! It is supposed to be nice today--warm, but not humid! Yesterday I was trying to get ready to go visit my brother and I couldn't even put make up on....I was sweating SO much. Ick....sorry, I'm not a fan of hot and humid! Of course, if dh put our a/c in it would make it much more tolerable, but that a different rant! LOL!!!!!

Diane--Oh I hate it when that happens! For me, it starts around 3pm and I start coming up w/ excuses why NOT to go to the gym....I agree, I hate it when I feel like I have to drag myself there, but always feel better once I get going. Good for you for going!

lottie--14 days op is fantastic! great job!

nicolen--Oh no...so sorry you are feeling icky again! Feel better!

Today I think we are going to our Regional Farmers Market. It's a HUGE Market with everything you can think of--even wine and cheese and 'specialty' dog treats! Yep, the spoiled beagles will get a yummy treat too! I am very excited! I didn't realize it was open on Thurs, so it's perfect. I can get what I want there and then get 'regular' groceries later on. The farmers market I go to weekly is nice, but very small, so this will be a treat! Plus, I have lots of good memories of going there w/ my dad.

My shoulder is feeling a little bit better, so I am going to hold off on calling my dr. Last night I was almost ready to go to the ER! That's how bad it hurt! Luckily, I have pain meds for my knee (which has been fine, for a whole week!!!!!...knock wood!!!!), so I took some of those so I could sleep. It's still sore, but better. My brother looked at it, sort of...we went to visit him and his family last night and to see their new house--it is GORGEOUS! Anyway, he is an ER doc, but has super-strict policies about treating family. He basically affirmed that I was doing everything right--pain meds, stretching, ice and planned to call the dr if it didn't get better soon.

Ok, well, I am rambling AGAIN!!!!

Plan for today is to make healthy food choices--didn't do that great yesterday, drink lots of water, and to walk today. I'll probably wait until later once it is a bit cooler, but that's ok--as long as I do it!

have a great op day!
mj5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 12:14 PM   #32  
unabashed

S/C/G: 344/321/220

Height: 5'5

Diane, good job!

nicolen, sorry to hear you're sickness is back

mj5, glad to hear your shoulder is doing better, and enjoy the farmers market!

today:

b: 2 whole eggs w/ 1 thomas english muffin multigrain lite w/ 1 banana
s: 1.5 serv hummus and .5 cup carrots
l: bbq tofu on whole wheat arnolds sandwhich thins
s: pear
d: stir fried sweet potato and zucchini
s: 3 egg whites w/ cheese
lottie63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 02:32 PM   #33  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Height: 5'6"

Went to spin class today. I really thought today that there are times when it is feeling a little more comfortable/doable. It still is an incredible workout and it still is very difficult to do, but I don't feel like I'm going to die the entire way through the workout. Now I just feel like I'm going to die through PART of the workout.

I have a little challenge this afternoon. There's a birthday in the office, so there will be brownies and ice cream. Swell. I'll have to pass on it though, or I will definitely be over on calories today.

Lottie: BBQ tofu? How do you fix that?

MJ: Have a good walk! It definitely makes sense to wait for the cooler weather.

Jab: Hope your day isn't too busy today!

Nicolen: Don't let the cold win! Keep fighting!
Slashnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 03:30 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 288/seeticker/140

Height: 5'4"

Is this an open thread that anyone can join?
TaraLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 03:39 PM   #35  
unabashed

Tara, yesssssssssssssssssss

I was wondering where everyone had gone. :P

Last edited by lottie63; 07-30-2009 at 03:40 PM.
Old 07-30-2009, 03:42 PM   #36  
unabashed

Slashnl, I freeze the tofu first, in the box (silken, lite, firm kind) or else I can't get it out of the box without it crumbling into unuseable chunks!

Then AFter it's frozen I cut it out of the box, then let it thaw. I then cit it into fourths (thin longways slices) and then lay it out on some paper towel, then I put paper towel on top of it and set a heavy pot filled with water on top and change the paper towels regularly for about 1.5 hours. This presses all the excess water out of it, and you get a more firm texture. Then I freeze it.

Then I throw it in a pan with some olive oil and let it get crispy! Then I toss on some bbq sauce, red pepper and red onion chunks and have at it!

Last edited by lottie63; 07-30-2009 at 03:45 PM.
Old 07-30-2009, 06:04 PM   #37  
Diane

That sounds good, Lottie.

Welcome to TaraLee!
Old 07-30-2009, 09:43 PM   #38  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slashnl View Post
Sunshine: Any special meaning to the picture on your signature? Just curious.
No special meaning. I thought it was very beautiful and was a reflection of me. You know how you get a connection with something. The sun holds a special place in my heart, not just because of my name, but of my sign, my spirit, my heritage and so much more.

What piqued your curiosity?
SunshineCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 09:45 PM   #39  

Hey all! Logging in from the City of Brotherly Love (Philly, PA). I'm having a ball and staying on plan. I'm getting in my exercise as well. Some friends and I are hanging out at Starbukcs on our laptops. I'm even being good by having a regular cup of coffee with Splenda and a splash of Half & Half.
Miss ya'll and will check in as much as I can.
SunshineCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 04:13 AM   #40  
Nicole

S/C/G: 261/226/140

It's Friday everyone! Yay!

Anyway, typical Friday for me - yummy trainer and work. Training session went well. Unfortunately the weights went up again this week - twice in a week is a little excessive, I think! We're going to be changing our sessions to Wednesday from next week. He also wants me to do a small group session that he runs on a Thursday morning. I'll pop along next week and see how it is - since I'm already paying him, I won't need to pay for the other session, so that's good.

Work went well also. I got my July audits and they were awesome - 98% for the month. I am a rock star! We're still quiet - since it was the last day of the month, management did a compare and contrast exercise, looking at where we were this time last night. There's not a lot of comparison at all - last year at this time we were in the mire and this year...long may it continue.

The cold's much better today. No coughing and sneezing - or very little at least. My nose is still running like a tap, but that's OK. I'm pretty tired, so it'll be another early night. I'm not sure whether I'm going to go to the gym tomorrow - I'll see how I feel then. I enjoy the spin class and I don't really want to miss it, but a break may be the best thing at the moment.

Jab, how are you doing?

MJ, lucky you! I love farmers markets! Wish there was one closer to me, but the only 2 in my city are miles away - one at the port and one on the outskirts of the city. One day...

Diane, good for you for going to the gym! It's so difficult to keep motivation when you're already hot and bothered.

Lottie, divine looking menu again!

TaraLee, welcome! Please do join in - I'd love to get to know you!

Sunshine, awesome stuff staying on plan while you're on holiday! Don't forget to have fun!

Enjoy your Friday everyone - the weekend is here!
nicolen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 08:56 AM   #41  
mj5

S/C/G: 299/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4''

Good Morning! Not sure what we'll do today...I really need to get some housework-type stuff done...I guess there's no vacation from that! LOL!!!! I am also going to bake some zucchini bread for my friend who has been giving us lots of veggies! He and his dad love it, but don't bake.

Diane--Great job at spin class! How did it go at the bday party?

TaraLee--Welcome!

lottie--your tofu recipe sounds interesting. I haven't ever liked tofu (it's a consistency thing), but that actually sounds kinda good!

sunshine--Great job! keep it up!

nicolen--Yikes, weights up again...Ah, you can do it! Great job at work!

The farmers mkt was a bit of a disappointment yesterday. I have only gone to this particular one on a Saturday and it is HUGE...yesterday, not so much! Actually, the small market I go to during the week is better, I think. Oh well, we did get a few things which was nice.

My shoulder feeling better was short lived.....ugh. I suppose I should call the dr once they open, but I want to see how it feels once I get moving a bit.

The scale is NOT my friend these days....I am not going to stress about it. I am getting back on track--just need to do better w/ food choices.

Have a great OP day everyone!!!!
mj5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 11:20 AM   #42  
unabashed

mj5, have you had silken tofu or just the other kind? The spongy kind? Silken has a more meaty texture, and if you slice it thin it's very crispy!
Old 07-31-2009, 12:11 PM   #43  
unabashed

today: 1538 cals, I'm really amazed at what I can eat these days for so little cals!

b: 4 eggwhite omlet w/ 2 slices of velveeta cheese w/ 1 pear
s: 1 cup baby carrots
l: 1 cup whole wheat pasta w/ olive oil and zucchini
s: 1 serv nabisco wheat thins and 1 banana
d: taco salad with black beans instead of meat, w/ .25 cup cheese, lettuce, sour cream and hot sauce
s: .5 cup black beans w/ .25 cup shredded cheese

Last edited by lottie63; 07-31-2009 at 12:17 PM.
Old 07-31-2009, 12:38 PM   #44  
Diane

Worked out this morning and I decided I better get on a stationary bike since I was feeling sore from spin class yesterday. I think I worked out some of the soreness, so that was good. It was kind of funny. They had a TV news person there doing a live story this morning. So, while she was recording, you could see her on the TV that was on the wall. The good thing is that they didn't do many shots from around the gym, or else I would have been bailing off the bike and into the locker room. ha! I sneaked a peek at the scale this morning and it was a great number. Now I have to be good so that it shows up on Monday's official weigh-in. I'm wanting to get to the 30 lb lost mark.

Both kids want to go with me to the gym tomorrow. I guess that's a good thing, but it is supposed to be my time. I do share with them on Saturdays, though. My son starts football practice next week, so he won't be so anxious to do more working out after a week of that. ha!

Lottie: Thanks for the info on the tofu. I found that an interesting way to fix it.

MJ: Uh, ya, thanks for asking about the bday brownies. I was actually on the phone when they were serving, but they put it on my desk anyway. What I should have done is put it back... Yep, that's what I SHOULD have done.

Nicolen: I would get some rest. You need to get over the cold and I think your body might just need to have some relaxation to get strong again.

Sunshine: Actually, the picture I'm curious about is the one showing the yo-yo getting cut. It just catches my eye all the time. I love your avatar, by the way. It is beautiful.

Better go! Have a good weekend everyone!
Old 07-31-2009, 09:41 PM   #45  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

Hi ladies, I just couldn't find time to get in here all week, although I did read the whole thread. I am trying to get ready to be away all next week, so lots to do. But I had a great on plan week, logged my calories on fitday and kept my days 1300 - 1600 calories and SB Ph1 as penance for vacation last week. Exercise could have been better, but that's always true for me. It was hot and muggy here so I did get in a lot of swimming. I should be around lots next week because I'm in Alabama at a conference all week and will be stuck in a hotel, bored. There's just not a lot to do in Huntsville! I'm hoping boredom will drive me to the workout room every day.

I'm going to the farmer's market in the morning but need to remember that I won't be home all week, and nobody else is going to cook that stuff!
Schmoodle is offline   Reply With Quote