Old 06-15-2009, 01:51 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 292/T/160

Height: 5'8"

Default EA's Active for Wii

Has anyone else gotten this? Wow, I love it! My husband I have started the 30 Day Challenge on it, and both of us are sore. I have given the Wii Fit a try, but it really didn't do it for me. But, this is great! I was just curious if anyone else was using it?
Momto2Ms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 02:07 PM   #2  
video game junkie

S/C/G: 201/see ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

There's a few of us that use it in another thread
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=173294
Lissus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 02:36 PM   #3  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

I'm glad the reviews online look good. I plan to get it in winter when most of my exercise is done inside.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 06:52 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 332/270/160

Height: 5"7'

I got it about two weeks ago and hadn't opened it. One of my girlfriends came to town on the weeken and she brought here. We did a workout together on Saturday night. I loved it! I wasn't sore yet and I plan to start the 30 day challenge soon, probably Thursday as that's the day I start my 2 weeks of vacation leave.
SnowboundChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 07:03 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 270.6/161.0/150

Height: 5'8"

I have it and love it! I messed around with various workouts at first and now am on day 14 of the 30 day chllenge.

I also have Wii Fit but I like that this one makes up your workouts for you and seems to provide a better workout than I was getting with the Fit. (I do still use it for the yoga, step and boxing once in a while though
momof5k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 07:27 PM   #6  
There is no spoon!

S/C/G: 265/ticker/160

Height: 5/9

I have it and was highly disappointed in it. I thought it was entirely too low impact for an actual workout. I did an hour and didn't even break a sweat. Not to mention, it is not fluent between exercises. I should have known better with an EA title. They are notorious for making under par games, slapping their big brand name on it and ultimately disappointing "hardcore" gamers. However, if you are looking for a "game" that has some very, very low impact exercise, then it might be ok for you. I think I'll be sticking with my high impact cardio with the My Fitness Coach.
Delphi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 09:06 AM   #7  
One day at a time!

S/C/G: 301/see ticker/160

Height: 5' 2"

Delphi, your post was very helpful. This sounds like it may be what I need because I am looking for something for very very low impact exercise.

I am thinking about buying this and would like to hear a little more input from users. I don't even have a Wii so it would be a pretty high investment for me.

Snowbound, have you tried it yet?
time2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 11:13 AM   #8  
Hi From Canada, eh?

S/C/G: check the ticker :)

Height: 5'8

yay something else expensive for me to ignore LOL As if the only think I've stuck to are $12 resistance bands from wal-mart and downloaded free workouts from you.tube lol i guess i'm a cheap date
Trazey34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 11:24 AM   #9  
There is no spoon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by time2lose View Post
Delphi, your post was very helpful. This sounds like it may be what I need because I am looking for something for very very low impact exercise.

I am thinking about buying this and would like to hear a little more input from users. I don't even have a Wii so it would be a pretty high investment for me.

The Wii games that focus on fitness are generally ALL low impact, with the exception of the My Fitness Coach and certain exercises, like the boxing on other games. If you are looking for low impact, then it's probably a good option. Don't get me wrong, I think the Wii is a great "casual" console and the benefits, although slight, are there. Because at the end of the day, the Wii is designed to keep you off your butt and active.
Old 06-16-2009, 11:36 AM   #10  
One day at a time!

S/C/G: 301/see ticker/160

Height: 5' 2"

I have been hesitating on buying the Wii because like Trazey I usually ignore more expensive items. But I need to expand my exercise and I think this will cost less than a gym membership. I also like the idea of doing it at home as I don't think that I would go to the gym everyday.

If I get it, I hope that my two sons that still live at home will start using it. They have both gained weight. I would never say anything to them but I think that having the Wii would be good for them.

Yeah, that's it... It is not realllly for me.....I can justify buying it because they will benefit.
time2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 11:54 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 265/265/190

Height: 5'2andahalf"

I have WiiFit and My Fitness Coach. WiiFit is usually not quite enough for me (variety wise more than instensity wise, but that too!) but My Fitness Coach is too much for me at this time. So would people who've used all of these say that Active would be a good medium? I've been considering getting it.
SarahJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 12:24 PM   #12  
yay! summertime!

S/C/G: 265/235/135

Height: 5'7"

TimeToLose, you are such a thoughtful mom!
Numina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 12:54 PM   #13  
There is no spoon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahJD View Post
I have WiiFit and My Fitness Coach. WiiFit is usually not quite enough for me (variety wise more than instensity wise, but that too!) but My Fitness Coach is too much for me at this time. So would people who've used all of these say that Active would be a good medium? I've been considering getting it.
I'd say yes! Very low impact and the exercises have a pause where you actually have to hit A or something on the Wiimote to continue. Plus the customization is a neat feature with the Active. So yes. If your looking for something more challenging then WiiFit but not as high impact as the Fitness Coach, then Active is probably a good transition choice for you.
Old 06-16-2009, 01:08 PM   #14  
Hi From Canada, eh?

S/C/G: check the ticker :)

Height: 5'8

I saw Allison Sweeney from The Biggest Loser showing how she used it to drop her baby weight and the boxing sure did look fun!
Trazey34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 01:14 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 332/270/160

Height: 5"7'

Quote:
Originally Posted by time2lose View Post

I did it on Saturday night, doubles with a friend. We did a 17 minutes workout. It was a good workout for me and I was sweating. It was a lot of leg work and I really felt it. My friend who is I don't know over 100lb lighter than me, loves it and it's a good workout for her but she was barely sweating. I really liked it and want to do it some more.
SnowboundChick is offline   Reply With Quote