Old 06-15-2009, 09:14 PM   #1  
Closed

S/C/G: 244/165/137

Height: 5' 7"

Default I sure could use a kind word or two right now...

Hi all!
OK, so I had a crappy weekend diet-wise highlighted by poor choices and not enough water and well just downright laziness and poor planning, followed by an arguement with a good friend with whom I just don't seem to be "connecting with" for some reason that I can't figure out, followed by a completely sleepless night worrying about a disfunctional family member.

Result: I'm. SO. Tired. I'm clearly not doing my best and have to pull myself up by my bootstraps. And I will. But right now, I need some fluffy Chickes' shoulders to lean on and just breathe...

Thanks for listening...

I know tomorrow will be better, but I hate it when life kicks me in the teeth...it gets my world out of kilter and it always seems that my diet is the first thing to suffer. Gotta change that...

Thanks, chickies...

Kira
kiramira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 09:24 PM   #2  
NEVER EVER going back

S/C/G: 377/240's/150

Height: 5 feet 5 inches

I'm here. I'm listening. I empathize. I've been having struggles with connecting to one of my best friends lately too What about a night for just the two of you to talk? I spent the night at my friend's on friday and it was a very good thing for us.

*mega hugs* you can lean on me anytime chickie.
cfmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 09:26 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 287/277/150

Height: 5'8"

I'm kinda new here, but wanted to offer my shoulder to cry on too.

I had the exact same kind of weekend and I'm super tired. Having a hard time connecting with my hubby lately and am just plain feeling icky! Maybe it's a Monday?! Anyhow...I'm here if you need to vent!

Michelle
A phat chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 09:40 PM   #4  
loving my beautiful self

Height: 5'5"

I feel for ya. That's a tough weekend, I would feel tired too!

I hope things work out soon with your friend, I know how frustrating that can feel. Would some quality time and a chance to really talk or bond over something common to both of you help, like cfmama offered?

You are completely right - here is to a BETTER TOMORROW! Things will perk up, they absolutely will, they always do Hang in there

Last edited by beautifulone; 06-15-2009 at 09:41 PM.
beautifulone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 09:41 PM   #5  

Height: 5'6"

I don't have very fluffy shoulders, they're kinda bony, but lean away!

You're right, tomorrow *will* be better. A good night's sleep, another hot yoga class, and some healthy eating choices and you'll be back to the Kira that never ceases to make me laugh and re-evaluate my thoughts and opinions!

In the meantime, have an e-hug or two! Or three ...

bacilli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 09:46 PM   #6  
Live with Intention

S/C/G: 260.6/see ticker/160

Height: 5'7"

Kira The best thing you said was that tomorrow you know things will get better. They always do and it's so important to hang on to that thought when things look the complete opposite. Good for you for coming here and letting us sympathize and support you.
Pita09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 09:47 PM   #7  

Height: 5'11"

Poor Kira! I hope that you sleep better tonight. Maybe a nice long bath with a trashy book or a magazine is in order? If it helps, I thought about you this weekend and smiled. I am not a dress girl, but I saw a cute dress that I really wanted to try on at the store. It had a side zipper and I almost zipped the side of my boob into it. I thought of your zipper accident and stopped just in time! Then I smiled about what a good sport you were to come and share that incident with us, because we can all relate!

Hang in there. Tomorrow will be better. Once you're rested, the answer about how to reconnect with your friend will (hopefully) come to you.
Windchime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 09:58 PM   #8  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Oh sweetie, I'm so sorry you're going through a rough patch. This too shall pass. Get yourself a good nights sleep. Things will look and BE better in the morning.

Remember, overeating causes more harm then good. Overeating causes more harm then good. Overeating causes more harm then good. (That would be a dose of self talk )You'll get yourself back on track and feel much better when you do and hopefully everything else will fall back into place.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 10:01 PM   #9  
Maintaining :)

S/C/G: 215/117/120

Height: 5'4"

Kira, take care of yourself. No good will come from letting any of these issues get to you. Get some sleep. Plan, and stick to your plan. Take time to exercise, meditate, pamper yourself.

Tomorrow WILL be better
CountingDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 11:08 PM   #10  
Right foot, left foot ...

S/C/G: 285.4/262/170

Height: 5'11"

Hang in, Kira. It always seems like it comes crashing down at once, but usually it all clears up at once too.

Try not to stress until things get better.
chickiegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 11:15 PM   #11  
Starting over

S/C/G: 257.8/242.4/135

Height: 5' 5"

Hey, Kira.

Sleep well my chickie friend.
Alana in Canada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 11:38 PM   #12  
Never want to go back!

S/C/G: 338.4/190.8/165

Height: 6 ft

You're in the right place for fluffy shoulders (though I wish I had a couple of bony ones for you too!). As awful as the non-food related things may feel, falling way off plan will only exacerbate it, even though it is hard to care about that in the moment. Stay strong. Tomorrow will be better.

And as for your friend, have you told them that you worry about not connecting with them lately and that their friendship is important to you? Sometimes just labeling the elephant in the room can help things immensely.
CLCSC145 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 11:38 PM   #13  
Getting Started

S/C/G: 275/257/145

Height: 5'6"

I hope you get a wonderful night of sleep =) Sorry you had a bad weekend!
mel hughes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 05:47 AM   #14  
No Fear

S/C/G: 294.6/294.6/280

Height: 5''3

I know it seems when things happen,it seems like the worst thing.I have been asking myself lately when somethinng happens:How bad is this in the scheme of things?Usually I feel better then.It puts everything into perspective. Usually,not always.

Last edited by Tracy; 06-16-2009 at 05:48 AM.
Tracy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 06:13 AM   #15  
There is no spoon!

S/C/G: 265/ticker/160

Height: 5/9

Awe Kira, 's! I do hope you rested well last night and continue to move forward today. We all have those days dear, but I'm pretty sure when you wake up, you will be right back OP. Breathe easy and take care Kira!
Delphi is offline   Reply With Quote